opening parties 2013

According to the Together / Tribe trip enter will open on the 27th June. I asked if it was confirmed ..." Very successful year last year, so they are opening earlier than their debut year" Said that didn't answer my question. Asked it was confirmed by Hawtin & Minus... "RH is confirmed". Again didn't answer my question.
Says to me it isn't confirmed at all. How do these guys get away with organising the trips the way they do?

So thanks to our friends at Spotlight, Space opening is confirmed as 26th May, can't wait for this, been on the island loads of times but never done the openers, looks like sort of busy atmosphere that the old 'We Love Sundays' used to have, daytime clubbing!! Does anyone have any tips for Space Opening? also how hard is it to get hold of DC10 opening tickets for the following day??

Thanks in advance - Very Excited.

Does anyone have any tips for Space Opening?

Some will disagree, but based on last years experience I would suggest not bothering with an advanced ticket. The deadlines for admission really compromised what would have otherwise been a great night for me. Forced to arrive early, and then was skint & burnt out long before the acts i wanted to see were actually on. Ok, so you pay more on the door, maybe €15-€25 more. But in my mind, it's worth it.

Of course it all depends who you wanna see the most on the line-up I guess. Space will announce a select few set-times prior to the day. So if you really wanna see who's opening the flight arena then you won't have much choice other than to arrive early anyway.

Sounds a given, (and gonna sound like a snob here - which i usually hate - so apologies) but the early doors crowd were less musically-educated and this was reflected in how commercial the music was inside. Did get increasingly better as the night progressed and the flakers started to drift away. And of course if you can withold the crowds of the flight arena then that won't be a problem anyway.

Yeah, the fact that it's Bank Holiday weekend won't help the flight prices, we are flying out from Birmingham on Saturday night, and back to our home town Bristol on Weds lunchtime, £259!! not cheap...

Some will disagree, but based on last years experience I would suggest not bothering with an advanced ticket. The deadlines for admission really compromised what would have otherwise been a great night for me. Forced to arrive early, and then was skint & burnt out long before the acts i wanted to see were actually on. Ok, so you pay more on the door, maybe €15-€25 more. But in my mind, it's worth it.

Of course it all depends who you wanna see the most on the line-up I guess. Space will announce a select few set-times prior to the day. So if you really wanna see who's opening the flight arena then you won't have much choice other than to arrive early anyway.

Sounds a given, (and gonna sound like a snob here - which i usually hate - so apologies) but the early doors crowd were less musically-educated and this was reflected in how commercial the music was inside. Did get increasingly better as the night progressed and the flakers started to drift away. And of course if you can withold the crowds of the flight arena then that won't be a problem anyway.

Cheers mate, I'll mention that to the lads, although the early start appeals to me to be honest, so see what happens i guess, do you know if Bora Bora or Tiare kick off early on the Space opening day??

we just got a message from space un-confirming their opening date.
it's gonna be either on the initially announced 26th may or on the sunday after that, 2nd june.
news as soon as we have them!

Message them back and tell them to get their act together and get Carl Cox back for another 5hr Monday morning special!! :)

why would they move the date? so many people booked flights already.. ims is also on the same week... strange.

why would they move the date? so many people booked flights already.. ims is also on the same week... strange.

Space did not carry any "official" news of the 26th as their opening date. It seems it was only spotlight they told.....

it's been the last sunday of May for years so i'd say they will more than likely stick with it... especially as they might not be as busy as they will lose people who are going out for IMS/DC-10 openings....

it's been the last sunday of May for years so i'd say they will more than likely stick with it...
Yeah but does We love not usually open two weeks after Space opening (ie there is usually one "Space on Sundays" inbetween)? Given We love has been confirmed as 16th June then that would sit with a Space opening on 2 June. All ifs and buts, guess we just need to wait for the official announcement

Yeah but does We love not usually open two weeks after Space opening (ie there is usually one "Space on Sundays" inbetween)? Given We love has been confirmed as 16th June then that would sit with a Space opening on 2 June. All ifs and buts, guess we just need to wait for the official announcement

Yeah but We Love opening is the 9th fella...

Yeah but We Love opening is the 9th fella...

Oh yea just saw it changed - as usual it is like musical chairs this time of year! So in my theory Space will be opening in May as usual - but certainly dont quote me. I see yesterday on Facebook We Love said May also for Space opening although now we know today this is not confirmed..give me strength!

I think it's gonna be the 2nd June, otherwise why would they have made a point today of saying that it might not be the 26th??.....absolute nightmare for me and a few others that have booked flights and digs for the weekend of the 26th specifically for Space Opening, doubt i'm the only one as most return flights are up over £350 now!

it's been the last sunday of May for years so i'd say they will more than likely stick with it... especially as they might not be as busy as they will lose people who are going out for IMS/DC-10 openings....

Has DC10 been confirmed for the 27th yet??? my guess is that if Space Opening is June 2nd, then DC10 opening will be the 3rd....

Yeah the We Love facebook page have replied to a comment saying Space opens in May with We Love on the 9th June. Never helps. :rolleyes:

Back