opening parties 2013

Thanks Nostrum! I hope you're right my friend ;)

Will be my 7th trip to the island, but never done the openers before!

Last edited by a moderator:
F**k flights are expensive for next year! I got flights for opening in May this year for £90 return per person. Next May that price is each way!

F**k flights are expensive for next year! I got flights for opening in May this year for £90 return per person. Next May that price is each way!

They're on the rise. We booked early and still paid £150 each in September, Ryanair from Bournemouth, and that was with 1 suitcase between 2 of us. Would've been £175 each with a suitcase each.

They're on the rise. We booked early and still paid £150 each in September, Ryanair from Bournemouth, and that was with 1 suitcase between 2 of us. Would've been £175 each with a suitcase each.

You need a suitcase for a long weekend? :O I fit all mine in hand luggage.

We went for a week in September so needed a suitcase. Will get away with overweight hand luggage in May if we do only do 4 nights.

Hi Guys, rather hastily booked flights and accomadation assuming Space opening would be May 26th, on the the basis that a mate told me it was always the last Sunday in May, but now checking back through the previous years calenders, one year (2008 I think) it was June 1st!! bit nervous now, anyone got any insider info on here?? :confused:

it was about that time that the opening moved back a week to the last sunday in May, rather than the first in June
seem to remember a few people had anticipated based on previous years and it was earlier

my guess would be 26th may as well for what its worth

Hi GUYS,

Seriously you imagine a week like that ?

The International Music Summit in Ibiza has just offically confirmed the dates for the 6th edition are : Wednesday 22nd and Friday 24th of May 2013.

If you add these OPENINGS : Ushuaïa Opening Party on Saturday 25th May, the Space Opening Party on Sunday 26th May and DC-10's opening party on Monday 27th May 2013.

...it's still early days, but we think the IMS week looks like a fantastic kick-start into the 2013 season!

SEE U @EIVISSA Summer 13 :

ib.jpg

Hi all.

Happy New Year.

So, we've gone for some mid June dates (12-19th)...just wondered what we are likely to MISS by going so early, as some of the acts don't start until the beginning of July I gather?

I went mid Aug last year, so everything was at it's peak so I didn't have this concern.

One good thing I've seen is that Troupe will be taking over Ushuaia in June - while I'm not massively keen on the venue (Sankeys is more my taste), I love Troupe, so am really looking forward the dates being formally announced and an outdoors party will be a lot of fun.

I'm not to bothered about missing Carl Cox at Space, who I read on here is starting July...nor am I bothered about missing Circo Loco and any acts associated..

I hope Solomun reconfirms for Sankeys and that he's up and running when I'm there.

And I wouldn't mind going to a Defected event - but god knows where they will be?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Troupe events are in July & September so you may miss out on them as well.
Quite a lot of events don't start until Late June / early July. All the Pacha nights from last year were open from the start as was Kehakuma but Enter didnt begin until later in the season.

just have a look at the june 2012 calendar - i suppose it will be fairly similar. of course there will be a few changes, but it will give you a good idea about how it will be.

The Troupe events are in July & September so you may miss out on them as well.
Quite a lot of events don't start until Late June / early July. All the Pacha nights from last year were open from the start as was Kehakuma but Enter didnt begin until later in the season.

Says June on the confirmed parties thread...

"Troupe will also be taking over Ushuaia in June and September in association with Together Ibiza... to be released very soon..." - McRackin

It says July on the Troupe website....

Yeah - spotted that as well. And looking in more details - this association with Together is just for these packages and tagging on to existing nights and then running branded after parties that one can attend separately anyway.

No worries.

They will be having events at Sankeys though so I'm told. Not sure when they will be though. Sankeys are announcing who will be hosting their resident nights at the end of the month so hopefully should know then.

Let's hope Solomun is confirmed there for '13...and for my benefit starts a little earlier than last year :)

Isn't Solomun / Diynamic going to be Mondays at Sankeys in 2013? Have I read that here or dreamt it? Please nobody base their holidays based on this!

I think it is one of these Together / Troupe package deals that have advertised it as being on a Monday but until it is confirmed by Sankeys / Solomun / Diynamic i wouldnt hold it as truth.

Alot of the package deals last year were including entry to Be at Space on Wednesdays with Armin and the gang. He obviously went to Privilege on Mondays so this changed.

I know it's slightly off topic but it is fairly relevant but I've just booked my Ibiza trip this year for June 22nd, 11 nights. I wasn't supposed to be going on a proper holiday as I should really be saving hence the June booking which is cheaper, but I needed to go over to visit wedding venue, church etc ;) . I've not been in late June since my first ever trip back in the 90's so I'm not sure what to expect. I would like to scour the forum for information on beach parties/ more underground parties but I am very busy at the moment and it would probably take forever :). Would someone care to refresh my memory of what was on in June of last year? Any beach parties at La Plage? I do recall Mulletover in Sankeys being quite early on - I think - or Fuse? Or were they even earlier? What is Circo Loco like late June? Information appreciated thankyou!

Back