No tap water whatsoever??

I'm lost, are you saying that in Spain we don't drink tap water? :eek:
In some areas like Ibiza or the Andalucía coast the water is desalinated and it doesn't tastes good but you can't drink it.
In other areas like mine water has too much "calç" (sorry, can't find the word in english), it doesn't taste the best but you can drink it.
In other areas tap water tastes really good, my mom lives in Barcelona center and the tap water there tastes better than some bottled one

Calcium is the word you're looking for.

People from the UK cannot drink water from most places on the continent as the mineral content is much higher than it is here and causes diorrhea

Not to speak out of turn, but most people traveling don't drink water from taps in countries that aren't there own...it's not necessarily because the water is bad, but it's because every country has there own systems for purification...if your body isn't used to that system, you will get sick. It's commonly known as Montezuma's revenge if you are in Mexico, but it happens everywhere to almost everyone that is foreign to any country. The water tastes bad because you aren't used to it, but ever notice that your are fine to brush your teeth and shower with it?

:eek:
You don't have any idea of the problems we have in Spain with water, and of course you forget you are talking about a tinny island with no natural sources...

connecting overall spanish water problems
with 8-10 euro waterplasticbottles in a few big ibizaclubs ... :confused:

... is ridiculous :spank:

this statement implements,
that if ibiza would have enough natural water resources/reservoirs,
then the "discowater" would be cheaper ... :?::?::?: ... :lol: :twisted:

The water tastes bad because you aren't used to it, but ever notice that your are fine to brush your teeth and shower with it?

I do shower with Ibizan tab water, but I never brush my teeth with it :oops: I tend to use water from a supermarket for that, it's so cheap and tastes much better :)

I used tab water to brush my teeth several times in Valencia, though, wasn't as salty as on Ibiza imo :)

Still, 8 Euros is a rip-off and I'm pretty sure there's some EU - or UE depending on where you're from ;-) - law that requires clubs to support cheap/free drinking water ;-) Someone should sue them, or we'll never know for sure :lol:

I just got back today and drank lots of tap water from my Hotel in San An - no problems at all.... so there we have it! - did have a slight taste to it - but it certainly did not make me ill !

... however doing the 3 consecutive nights at 'Ibiza Rocks' did !!! - had to have a wee break after that mammoth session. :) :) :)

I just got back today and drank lots of tap water from my Hotel in San An - no problems at all.... so there we have it! - did have a slight taste to it - but it certainly did not make me ill !

... however doing the 3 consecutive nights at 'Ibiza Rocks' did !!! - had to have a wee break after that mammoth session. :) :) :)

Let's be honest though, you were never gonna come back and say the tap water gave you the squirts though.

Although I do agree the price of water in the clubs is ludicrous, 10€ in pacha, same as a San Mig, I know what I'd rather drink with my £7.

:eek:

connecting overall spanish water problems
with 8-10 euro waterplasticbottles in a few big ibizaclubs ... :confused:

... is ridiculous :spank:

this statement implements,
that if ibiza would have enough natural water resources/reservoirs,
then the "discowater" would be cheaper ... :?::?::?: ... :lol: :twisted:

THat's what you assume from one sentence from a long answer from a long discussion :rolleyes:

Only 4 months to earn their money... but charging door prices 4 times more than London/Manchester. We Love... take in over 3 million euro on door revenue alone. And they're not shelling out cash for DJs... David Guetta got bumped becuase he wanted a high fee!

Plus clubs in the UK might only open once/twice a week... 5 nights usually in Ibiza.

Margins or 1000% on water is a bit unjustified.

I totally agree it's scandalous that clubs in Ibiza can charge €6 for a 75CL of water,it's bad enough that the beer is a rip off but surely water should be normal prices,i wonder how many people who may have been short on cash have dehydrated and collapsed because weren't drinking water.:confused:

The 10 euros for a bottle of water at each clubbing night out is part of the many many euros you put aside for Ibiza each year though :twisted: :D it's a tradition! Ibiza wouldn't quite be Ibiza without walking into a club and hearing a group of lads yelling about having just got back from the bar and paying 12 Euros for some water!!! :lol:

We've all done it, I know I did..":evil: &*$*ing HOW MUCH &*$&*" :twisted:

We Love... take in over 3 million euro on door revenue alone. And they're not shelling out cash for DJs... David Guetta got bumped becuase he wanted a high fee!

they're not shelling out????:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how does £60k for DT's sep 3rd gig constitute "not shelling out".:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Space must be absolutely raking it in this year with WLS, Cox, La Troya and Monza, not to mention all the other parties going on.

Space must be absolutely raking it in this year with WLS, Cox, La Troya and Monza, not to mention all the other parties going on.
20050706.moneybin.allen.jpg

the Space office 2006 (Photo: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~cfarivar/blog/archives/2005_07.html)

i'm almost certain that privilege has fresh clean tap water, altho they would never advertise the fact.

space defo uses salt water.

pacha is not salt water i don't think but you wouldn't catch me drinking it.

Amnesia apparently has its own well and you can drink the water from the taps, albeit warm water, but if you are that desperate and dont want to buy water, then its an option:confused:

Back