No tap water whatsoever??

The poor little clubs... only having 4 months of the year to commit day-light robbery. They make their money elsewhere too...What about the health aspects? Now we all know that a lot of people are taking pills on nights out, and dancing for hours upon hours - they need water... freely available. The clubs know that people are gonna be dehydrated, so they are capitalising on this with this cynical bulls**t...

... can you imagine the meeting to decide the price of water - "yeah, erm, we buy our bottled water in huge amounts, great discount from the supplier, works out at 0.10 euro per bottle. Hey, I've got a great idea... we know the people are going to be thirsty - lets charge 8 euros, no!, even 10 euros for water.... how can they say no?"

I don't mind paying over the odds for a beer or a vodka or something else - but charging up to and over 800% on the normal price of water is TOTALLY ABSURD!... are they gonna start charging you for air conditioning next?

Man, nobody asks you to take pills! Don't take em and drink rom coke for reasonable 15 EUR. Normally clubs would gain on selling alcohol, but what u gonna do if nobody drink it? You would gain on water! This is value pricing, you sell water not for cost + % but for value people ready to pay for! This is quite reasonable. Of course I would prefer to pay less than 8 EUR, but I do understand why it happens.

And stop whining, if u will not take pills or something else and will go to the club and will drink alcohol, how much will it cost for you? 1 drink 15 eur, u would probably take 5-8 per night = about 100 EUR! And what about situation with pills? 2-3 pills x 4 EUR = 12 EUR plus 4 bottles of water x 8 EUR = 32 EUR So 44 in total with much more fun than with alcohol!!! This is value for money, man! Just enjoy and have fun and don't be greedy! :) This is the economy of island and you always have other choices.

P.S. Isn't it funny to keep this small sweet bottle of clean cool water and feel that it is extremely valuable? So sweet! :)

Cheers, A

So, Sirens, got any good tips for smaller clubs... musically I'm into harder edged music, including indie/rock... but can get on with uplifting house/trance ... love a bit of flamenco too ( not the touristy stuff )... the darker stuff with singers, cahon players etc

I prefer DC10 and the free parties

If you don't like it don't go, it's your personal option, but leave other's choose how to spend their money.

Agreed - but I'm not stopping anyone spending their cash on water at 800% markup - just raising an issue as I have never been to Ibiza before - flying out on Monday.

You don't have any idea of the problems we have in Spain with water, and of course you forget you are talking about a tinny island with no natural sources. What do you want? Do you want a massive aqueduct from Valencia (with big water problems of water) to Ibiza? BTW, don't ever go to places like Tarifa or Cabo de Gata in Andalucía cos the water tastes as bad and disgusting as in Ibiza
If you don't like it don't go, it's your personal option, but leave other's choose how to spend their money.

And btw, I drink mineral water cos tap water in my area is disgusting but there's a thing called recicling containers, have you ever heard about it or you just throw the plastic bottel in the middle of the stree?

i'm so happy you're back sil, i've missed your straight talking comments!;) :)

Agreed - but I'm not stopping anyone spending their cash on water at 800% markup - just raising an issue as I have never been to Ibiza before - flying out on Monday.

At the end of the day I'm sure none of us would choose to pay these prices for water but hey ho that's life for you in Ibiza clubs, I've been so many times that I've just got used to it but yes I agree the first time you go it is a shock esp as by law in England clubs have to provide drinkable tap water.

It's only the big clubs that charge these prices, all the local bars and restaurants offer much cheaper bottles of water.

Looking forward to the review ;)

yeah, should be a very interesting time as I've just split up with my wife - and am going solo... I'm not renowned for being the most sociable person in the world, so going out there, getting stuck in and meeting people will do me the world of good...

... as long as I don't piss anyone off with my water ranting...

ok,ok.. I'll drop it now!... some good comments made!

I'm with Mikey1968, I think it's terrible that you cannot drink the tap water in the clubs and that water is so overpriced :x
Even if one is not taking any drugs, it's very hot in the clubs and dehydration is a true risk. I'm sure a lot of the hospital casualties could've been avoided if drinking water was freely available in the clubs.

Also, getting rid of/recycling tons of plastic bottles isn't exactly gratis either... but I guess the clubs don't have to worry about that :confused:

the tap water in the san antonio area comes from the desalination plant near cala gracio and is perfect for drinking. for sure eden and es paradis will have it, unless they get their water from a private well.

Now we all know that a lot of people are taking pills on nights out, and dancing for hours upon hours - they need water... freely available.

what a tit.... so you expect a club to provide you with something you need because you decide to take illegal substances?

If you decide to take drugs, then you also make the decision to take the risks that go with it. You know what the score is with the water out there, dont whinge about it.

I agree with you about the price, it is too high, but if you dont like it dont buy it, but dont take drugs that require you to have it either.

what a tit.... so you expect a club to provide you with something you need because you decide to take illegal substances?

I'm not deciding to take anything mate - and don't call me a tit - people need water - end of discussion - drugs or no drugs . Not some cynical ploy to get the most money out of dehydrated party people.

I reckon people would still be going clubbing if they charged 20 euros for a poxy 330cl bottle...

I know what you mean but my point is that you cant drink tap water in spain even if it was cheap as chips!

I'm lost, are you saying that in Spain we don't drink tap water? :eek:
In some areas like Ibiza or the Andalucía coast the water is desalinated and it doesn't tastes good but you can't drink it.
In other areas like mine water has too much "calç" (sorry, can't find the word in english), it doesn't taste the best but you can drink it.
In other areas tap water tastes really good, my mom lives in Barcelona center and the tap water there tastes better than some bottled one

Am I right in thinking that you HAVE to buy the ridiculous priced water in the clubs because the tap water in the toilets is salt water??

Why the f**k are you all buying into and supporting this absurd idea?

It should be our legal right to have tap water available - this is outrageous.

If this is right then I don't think I'm gonna spend any of my hard earned cash at such a place.
My trick was to buy a bottle of water then get a glass of ice and just kept asking for more ice which melts quick when you're dancing. A bit stingy but saved a few euros!

Back