No tap water whatsoever??

Mikey1968

Am I right in thinking that you HAVE to buy the ridiculous priced water in the clubs because the tap water in the toilets is salt water??

Why the f**k are you all buying into and supporting this absurd idea?

It should be our legal right to have tap water available - this is outrageous.

If this is right then I don't think I'm gonna spend any of my hard earned cash at such a place.

Am I right in thinking that you HAVE to buy the ridiculous priced water in the clubs because the tap water in the toilets is salt water??

If this is right then I don't think I'm gonna spend any of my hard earned cash at such a place.

If I'm not wrong, tap water all over the island it's salt watter or at least disgusting tasting water.
Have you ever thought about the dimension of the island and the natural water sources?

I'm sure most people would prefer water in clubs to be cheaper but the clubs have got a business to run which for most of them is only 4 months of the year.............and at the end of the day I'd rather pay the prices than run the risk of dehydrating :rolleyes:

That he shouldn't expect everything to be like living in England

But we do drink tap water in Spain :lol: :lol: ;)

BTW, in Austria, in Wien, a 0,75l water bottle in a very standar restaurant was 6€, I wonder how mucht it would be in a club

i'm almost certain that privilege has fresh clean tap water, altho they would never advertise the fact.

space defo uses salt water.

pacha is not salt water i don't think but you wouldn't catch me drinking it.

I cant believe you are asking about tap water in Ibiza, Have you never visited the continent before??

but the clubs have got a business to run which for most of them is only 4 months of the year.............and at the end of the day I'd rather pay the prices than run the risk of dehydrating :rolleyes:

The poor little clubs... only having 4 months of the year to commit day-light robbery. They make their money elsewhere too...What about the health aspects? Now we all know that a lot of people are taking pills on nights out, and dancing for hours upon hours - they need water... freely available. The clubs know that people are gonna be dehydrated, so they are capitalising on this with this cynical bulls**t...

... can you imagine the meeting to decide the price of water - "yeah, erm, we buy our bottled water in huge amounts, great discount from the supplier, works out at 0.10 euro per bottle. Hey, I've got a great idea... we know the people are going to be thirsty - lets charge 8 euros, no!, even 10 euros for water.... how can they say no?"

I don't mind paying over the odds for a beer or a vodka or something else - but charging up to and over 800% on the normal price of water is TOTALLY ABSURD!... are they gonna start charging you for air conditioning next?

I'm 37 and have travelled the world...:eek:

I'm just back from middle europe, as I said before, a bottle of 0,75l of water in a restaurant in Viena is about 6€. And I'm not talking about 3 michel star restaurants, I'm talking about water as expensive as a main dish.

Anyway, as I said before, most tap water in the island is salty and disgusting, but you seem to have selective reading.

The poor little clubs... only having 4 months of the year to commit day-light robbery. They make their money elsewhere too...What about the health aspects? Now we all know that a lot of people are taking pills on nights out, and dancing for hours upon hours - they need water... freely available. The clubs know that people are gonna be dehydrated, so they are capitalising on this with this cynical bulls**t...

... can you imagine the meeting to decide the price of water - "yeah, erm, we buy our bottled water in huge amounts, great discount from the supplier, works out at 0.10 euro per bottle. Hey, I've got a great idea... we know the people are going to be thirsty - lets charge 8 euros, no!, even 10 euros for water.... how can they say no?"

I don't mind paying over the odds for a beer or a vodka or something else - but charging up to and over 800% on the normal price of water is TOTALLY ABSURD!... are they gonna start charging you for air conditioning next?

If you don't like it then don't go, it's a simple as that.

Ibiza tap water is partially desalinated then purified - I have just found out.

What happens if somone collapses in a club - do they have to pay for a drink then?

I appreciate the water problem the island must have - perhaps more investment for water treatment, however some final thoughts...

It seems to me in this day and age that no-one is willing to say NO this aint good enough.. I mean paying for water is the biggest rip-off ever invented!

Bottled water is one of the most environmentally unsound products you can buy - oil is mined, refined, transported and turned into plastic bottles which are then filled with something that is readily ( or should be )available free from the tap. It is then shipped all over the place, distributed to millions of shops, and you buy it, drink it in 30 seconds and throw the bottle away to sit in a landfill for 200 years. Nice

If people are offered products at an absurd price and choose to buy. More fool them.

Last edited by a moderator:
If people are offered products at an absurd price and choose to buy. More fool them.

I don't think it's a case of being a fool, we probably just value our health too much, I know I wouldn't run the risk of spending 15 hours in Space without buying water just to save a few euros.

It seems to me in this day and age that no-one is willing to say NO this aint good enough.. I mean paying for water is the biggest rip-off ever invented!

Sadly a very true statment. I hardly ever go to the big clubs anymore or if I do I don't drink the water because like you said it is a rip-off. I tend to drink fruit juices instead.

So, Sirens, got any good tips for smaller clubs... musically I'm into harder edged music, including indie/rock... but can get on with uplifting house/trance ... love a bit of flamenco too ( not the touristy stuff )... the darker stuff with singers, cahon players etc

I appreciate the water problem the island must have - perhaps more investment for water treatment, however some final thoughts...

Bottled water is one of the most environmentally unsound products you can buy - oil is mined, refined, transported and turned into plastic bottles which are then filled with something that is readily ( or should be )available free from the tap. It is then shipped all over the place, distributed to millions of shops, and you buy it, drink it in 30 seconds and throw the bottle away to sit in a landfill for 200 years. Nice

You don't have any idea of the problems we have in Spain with water, and of course you forget you are talking about a tinny island with no natural sources. What do you want? Do you want a massive aqueduct from Valencia (with big water problems of water) to Ibiza? BTW, don't ever go to places like Tarifa or Cabo de Gata in Andalucía cos the water tastes as bad and disgusting as in Ibiza
If you don't like it don't go, it's your personal option, but leave other's choose how to spend their money.

And btw, I drink mineral water cos tap water in my area is disgusting but there's a thing called recicling containers, have you ever heard about it or you just throw the plastic bottel in the middle of the stree?

Back