Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham

Will by y stag do next year and as we're getting married in Cuba I can't really ask people to pay out for an expensive stag do abroad so was thinking of Liverpool, Newcastle or Cardiff. There'll be 15-20 if us so does the same advise above still stand? I am already thinking about how to get such a big group into places - any advise?

Will by y stag do next year and as we're getting married in Cuba I can't really ask people to pay out for an expensive stag do abroad so was thinking of Liverpool, Newcastle or Cardiff. There'll be 15-20 if us so does the same advise above still stand? I am already thinking about how to get such a big group into places - any advise?

still stands for liverpool mate

thanks rikkay

what could you suggest for that date..is digital the best bet?
or are there any other one off parties or clubs

To be honest mate, Newcastle is dire for clubbing. Even Shindig tends to get a mainstream, chavvy crowd. We can go weeks up here without any listings! I tend not to go clubbing in Newcastle anymore but will keep an eye out for you.

Digital has Love on a Saturday, a commercial R&B night. Not my sort of thing so never been but think it's more for teenagers nursing drinks all night & making gang signs for Facebook photos than having fun.

Cosmic Ballroom on Stowell Street (Chinatown) is probably your best bet for just tipping up on a Saturday night. Anything goes musically in the upstairs room and it's house downstairs. It's not a very big place so not somewhere to go if you're a big group of lads but there's always a good atmosphere and the crowd are friendly.

Unless you've definitely planned to Newcastle on that date, I'd go to Leeds for Derrick Carter & Inner City @ The Mint Warehouse!

To be honest mate, Newcastle is dire for clubbing. Even Shindig tends to get a mainstream, chavvy crowd. We can go weeks up here without any listings! I tend not to go clubbing in Newcastle anymore but will keep an eye out for you.

Digital has Love on a Saturday, a commercial R&B night. Not my sort of thing so never been but think it's more for teenagers nursing drinks all night & making gang signs for Facebook photos than having fun.

Cosmic Ballroom on Stowell Street (Chinatown) is probably your best bet for just tipping up on a Saturday night. Anything goes musically in the upstairs room and it's house downstairs. It's not a very big place so not somewhere to go if you're a big group of lads but there's always a good atmosphere and the crowd are friendly.

Unless you've definitely planned to Newcastle on that date, I'd go to Leeds for Derrick Carter & Inner City @ The Mint Warehouse!

were all booked for newcastle...went to digital for roger sanchez a few years ago and loved it but not into r and b so cosmic ballroom looks a good option

What he says

Avoid Digital - its chav central and most of the punters are pissed these days rather than loved up and there's always a fight

Cosmic Ballroom for Jaunt is always a good up for it friendly crowd - bit too young for me but you can email my mate Chris on jauntevents@hotmail.co.uk and he will advise what dates they have coming up.

Shindig Warehouse nights are canny, a bit too rammed for my liking most of the time but I do still pop along for a bit of silliness - if you go early and get a good place on the dancefloor near the front you can avoid the arses pretty much all night...

Have fun wherever you end up 8)

Shindig:

SHINW34/009
SATURDAY 4TH FEBRUARY
JOHN DIGWEED
CARLO LIO

SHINW34/010
SATURDAY 3RD MARCH
ALL GONE PETE TONG...
PETE TONG
NICK CURLY

SHINW34/011
SATURDAY 17TH MARCH
JAMES ZABIELA
BEN UFO
MIDLAND

SHINW34/012
SUNDAY 8TH APRIL
MAYA JANE COLES
SETH TROXLER

SHINW34/013
BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 6TH MAY
SHINDIG'S 20TH BIRTHDAY - 20 YEARS OF HOUSE MUSIC...
CARL COX

Yeah, keeps the crowds happy! Us Northeners like a big name. Ha. Ha. I'm going to Row14 for Zabiela on 1 April and will probably be back out there for the May Bank Holiday so will happily miss out on the above.

My mate seems set on Newcastle, so a brief run down of things to do/avoid...

If the clubs are sh!t, what are the pub/bar/eating recommendations?

If you're here for a couple of days over a weekend, go to The Ouseburn on Friday night. It's about half a mile from Newcastle city centre. Start off in The Tanners then walk down to The Ship & The Cluny (opposite each other), maybe The Cumberland then The Free Trade and The Tyne. These are 'proper' pubs but it's a good route and gets a mixed crowd. From The Tyne you can walk back along to the Pitcher & Piano for something a bit livelier & later.

Pubs during the day in Newcastle city centre are Tilley's, The Forth & The Town Wall. Decent food and pints.

Have a walk along the Quayside during the day. Cross over the river on the Millennium Bridge and go into the BALTIC. Even if you're not into art it's worth going to the top and having a look up the river from the viewing platform. From there you can walk to The Sage for a look inside & it's only back across the Tyne bridge to the city centre again. If Newcastle are playing at home you can usually get tickets and it's always an experience.

If you want to get amongst it on the Saturday night the Central Station area is probably the best bet. Not my thing but it'll undoubtedly be jumping. Busy bars playing commercial house full of lads in v-neck All Saints t-shirts/elasticated jeans and orange girls. The main ones are Revolution, Madam Koos, Floritas, Perdu & Bijoux. Tokyo was decent but I've not been around that area for years so don't know what it's like now. We tend to go to Popolo, Alvinos and No 28 but these are only small places and it can be hard getting in, even for locals, if there's more than four of five in a group.

It's up to you, but I'd avoid The Quayside (very quiet these days), The Bigg Market (just not very nice) or The Gate (take a gum-shield).

For food, Stowell Street is great for Chinese, Electric East - used to be Barn Asia - does amazing pan-Asian food (my mate's place so tip well!!) or Little Saigon for authentic Vietnamese. If there's something specific you want let me know & I'll point you in the right direction as we eat out in Newcastle a lot.

Phew! feel like I've had a night out after writing that. The above is just my opinion, others might not agree :)

In UK ? ... any particular reason not to think about Laaaaandun ? Unless you're in to D&B, dubstep and nu-Garage it's surely got the best choice of club nights anywhere in the UK.. most of the time ...

We were originally planning on going somewhere totally new to both of us; I live near Glasgow and my mate lives S/E England. We've decided now to make it a more clubbing focused weekend, so drifting away from Newcastle and would consider Glasgow/London again.

Back