New year, New You!

Beckiboo

Who else, like me has made New Year resolutions to lose weight/get fit/train for something?

I want to get back to fitness after a few months of gluttony! I'm looking to do a 10k or maybe half marathon sometime in March, enough time to train and hopefully get a decent time!

I'm finding it sooooo hard though :spank: This weather makes me want to eat pies and curries, and people keep bringing in their leftover Christmas snacks (just polished off 1/4 of a Terrys chocolate orange :x). Roll on Spring!

Yeah, all over it Becki.

Need to lose a stone for optimium weight, for both general health and playing football and have lost 4lb in 8 days but not drinking, and eating sensibly.

Have a strategy for the future, instead of the usual 'I'm Buckley, good things just happen to me, so I'll continue to ride my good luck' m.o.

Last edited by a moderator:
'I'm [Morbyd], good things just happen to me, so I'll continue to ride my good luck' m.o.
Yep... that about sums up my happy-go-lucky attitude :lol:
Suppose my New Year's resolution should be to work on that too!

As for weight/fitness - I already dropped 24 pounds in May-August '09 so I'm only worried about maintaining my girlish figure, which had been surprisingly easy until I went away for the holidays. :lol: I weighed 8 pounds more when I got back :evil: but by reducing food intake and eliminating carbs over the past couple of days, I have already managed to drop 4 of them :D Back to fighting weight by the weekend, I hope...

Fitness is another issue altogether... can't be bothered :lol:

Yep... that about sums up my happy-go-lucky attitude :lol:
Suppose my New Year's resolution should be to work on that too!

As for weight/fitness - I already dropped 24 pounds in May-August '09 so I'm only worried about maintaining my girlish figure, which had been surprisingly easy until I went away for the holidays. :lol: I weighed 8 pounds more when I got back :evil: but by reducing food intake and eliminating carbs over the past couple of days, I have already managed to drop 4 of them :D Back to fighting weight by the weekend, I hope...

Fitness is another issue altogether... can't be bothered :lol:

The fitness thing is about vanity and football.

The lucky thing has always worked for me, but has to stop some time, so best start preparing I reckon!

Who else, like me has made New Year resolutions to lose weight/get fit/train for something?

I want to get back to fitness after a few months of gluttony! I'm looking to do a 10k or maybe half marathon sometime in March, enough time to train and hopefully get a decent time!

I'm finding it sooooo hard though :spank: This weather makes me want to eat pies and curries, and people keep bringing in their leftover Christmas snacks (just polished off 1/4 of a Terrys chocolate orange :x). Roll on Spring!

I'm the same. I haven't been running or to the gym in over 2 weeks. I should be at the gym now but instead a salami sandwich :rolleyes:

I'm the same. I haven't been running or to the gym in over 2 weeks. I should be at the gym now but instead a salami sandwich :rolleyes:

I went to the gym on monday night for the first time in 3 weeks. 3 weeks which involved a lot of parting so i was dreading getting back into it. Turned out to be not too bad actually. Back in tonight...

Got myself a place booked on the south downs marathon on june 12th, and it is supposed to be a really tough and hilly one.I completed one marathon a few years ago and it was a real buzz.

Started traing beginning of november and doing well at the moment.

I havent touched a drop of alcohol since New Year, want to see if there any health benefits. Drinking a lot of water, green tea, trying to eat healthy too although we still have plenty of choc and biccies left at home so am very tempted :spank:

I dont need to lose weight as such but would like to tone up more, cant afford to join the gym though so thinking of starting to go running, a friend of mine has been doing it for about a year and loves it, and I have read things on here about running so may take it up.

I must say though I struggle when it comes to having lunch, would love not to eat bread but what else is easy to make when you cant afford to buy lunch out that doesnt involve bread? Any tips would be appreciated!

I havent touched a drop of alcohol since New Year, want to see if there any health benefits. Drinking a lot of water, green tea, trying to eat healthy too although we still have plenty of choc and biccies left at home so am very tempted :spank:

I dont need to lose weight as such but would like to tone up more, cant afford to join the gym though so thinking of starting to go running, a friend of mine has been doing it for about a year and loves it, and I have read things on here about running so may take it up.

I must say though I struggle when it comes to having lunch, would love not to eat bread but what else is easy to make when you cant afford to buy lunch out that doesnt involve bread? Any tips would be appreciated!

My gym costs £14.99 a month 8)

New fitness plan has taken a massive battering due to bad cold / sinus infecftion. Currently sitting on the sofa with a cuppa and a packet of hobnobs. Bah :(

How's everyone doing?

Me?

Football injuries are hampering fitness plans but everything else is coming up rosy

You?

Back