New year, New You!

Running my first half marathon in St Albans in June :lol:

Running the full Brighton marathon next year :lol:

I always thought people who said running was addictive were talking rubbish but I can't get enough of it - still I guess it is better for me than some of my other vices :lol:

I've got two runs in the next few months.

A 7.5 mile coastal run in three weeks- going to be a toughie as it's all offroad on coastal paths and beaches.:eek: I live close to the beach so i've been doing lots of beach running, which is exhilarating but exhausting.

And I'm doing a BUPA 10K in July.

I don't expect to do any clever times, finishing them is enough for me!

Kid from our football club played for our 1st XI on Saturday, ran the marathon in 3:38 on Sunday and played again last night!

He's still at school, only 18, but that's some going, isn't it!???

Kid from our football club played for our 1st XI on Saturday, ran the marathon in 3:38 on Sunday and played again last night!

He was a bit daft doing the footy on the saturday, it could have easily ruined his race on the sunday.

As for his time :spank: a minute quicker than my PB :x :lol:

a minute quicker than my PB :x :lol:

Wow that is AMAZING :D Tom was meant to be running the London Marathon this year but he had to defer his place until next year as he came down with some random tropical disease a couple of months ago, but he was aiming for just under 4 hours - 3 hours 39 mins is superfast, I'm going to tell him he needs to up his game :lol:;)

I run less this year only once a week 5.6 miles then walk to work in the morning 5.6 miles. I can't seem to be able to run first thing in the morning. I have no energy! :(

Started Cycling 11 miles everyday - no accidents yet :lol:

3 times a week resistance training

I still eat too much though :rolleyes:

yes that is some going

at 16 I played on the sat ran a marathon in 4.02 on a sunday and then played the following weds night and again on the sat!

that was at 16 though

Tom was meant to be running the London Marathon this year but he had to defer his place until next year as he came down with some random tropical disease a couple of months ago, but he was aiming for just under 4 hours - 3 hours 39 mins is superfast, I'm going to tell him he needs to up his game :lol:;)

When is Brighton Sar :confused: :?: What time would you like for the half ??

I'm doing it next year so if Toms planning to do around 3.30 I'll start with him, that is if hes doing it solo, it helps to have someone there helping you along.

Bloody hell, that is fast!

It's not that fast mate. Have you seen how fast Nell Mcandrew does it in :eek:

The first time I didm 4.39 due to a dodgy knee going, then the following year I took it more seriousy and did 4.09, though I could have gone faster If it wasnt so hot and I hadnt started to quickly :spank: Then last year, althoug it was hot I paced myself well. So going by me knocking 30 minutes of each one, I'm hoping to do sub 3.30 next time.

I'm also planning on doing NYC next year also, itd be the first time i will have done two in one year, should be interesting.

When is Brighton Sar :confused: :?: What time would you like for the half ??

I'm doing it next year so if Toms planning to do around 3.30 I'll start with him, that is if hes doing it solo, it helps to have someone there helping you along.

Brighton is 10th April (week before London) - they did it for the first time this year and it got really good reports.

I ran 13 miles for the first time in one go last week and it took me 2 hours 8 mins (including 3 toilet stops :spank:) I've got another 5 1/2 weeks to go (although I'm on holiday for 1 week) so I'm going to try and get below 2 hours. When I signed up for it, it was just about getting around, now I'm getting all lairy and giving myself targets :oops::lol:

Are you definitely doing London? Tom is running for his work charity - Shooting Stars Children's Hospice but will be essentially running on his own (well apart from the other 30,000+ runners :lol:)

I ran 13 miles for the first time in one go last week and it took me 2 hours 8 mins (including 3 toilet stops :spank:) I've got another 5 1/2 weeks to go (although I'm on holiday for 1 week) so I'm going to try and get below 2 hours. When I signed up for it, it was just about getting around, now I'm getting all lairy and giving myself targets :oops::lol:

2hours and 8 mins is good for your first, it'd have been less if you hadnt over hydrated :lol: I tend to drink plenty the days building up, then on the morning just sip water/energy drinks gingerly, that way you burn off the liquids rather than pi$$ yourself every half hour :lol: You'll know in the race when you need fluids, dont get over paranoid you'll dehydrate.

5.5 weeks is plenty of time to get faster, with halfs I tend to do the first hour or so at a comfortable pace, then after an hour or so pick it up slightly keeping a steady but quicker pace, ( you end up passing the people that flew past you at the start :lol: )following this advice I took 15 minutes of on my second attempt. The most important is that you enjoy it and finish ;)

Are you definitely doing London? Tom is running for his work charity - Shooting Stars Children's Hospice but will be essentially running on his own (well apart from the other 30,000+ runners :lol:)

Thats the plan, I'm going to register when the ballot opens tuesday, though I doubt i'll get it, then as and when I dont I'll register for a golden bond place with a charity come september time. I might take a look at shooting stars, I did it for Clic Sargent last time, so I think id like to do another childrens charity again. i'll keep you informed. PM or email me if you want any tips ;)

It's not that fast mate. Have you seen how fast Nell Mcandrew does it in :eek:

Well, fast for a man of your age. ;)

Cheeky fukcer :lol:

Talking of the lovely Nell, heres me with her pre-race 2 years ago. I think she took a shine to me ;) its the scouse charm :lol:

n668360623_4432188_4940.jpg

Back