New year, New You!

I've bought just a pedometer (insert peado joke here). Football season is over, a little early for me as I've got a calf strain, but I figure spending the summer road running is far better value than the £80 a month (well plus another £60 when I with the ex) I was chucking at David Lloyd!

Cheeky fukcer :lol:

Talking of the lovely Nell, heres me with her pre-race 2 years ago. I think she took a shine to me ;) its the scouse charm :lol:

n668360623_4432188_4940.jpg

she probably thinks you know who pinched her alloy wheels last time she was there?

could have shaved.

26.2 mile wind resistance would have clipped off another minute or so.

Mate if i knew i was going to bump into Nell I'd have shaved and done something with me barnet. She is proper lovely in the flesh, and a really nice down to earth northern lass. I'd have been unfaithful for her :p

she probably thinks you know who pinched her alloy wheels last time she was there?

:rolleyes:

she wanted me to ask you where to buy some smack and a gun mate ;) :D

I saw Nell MacAndrew at Brent Cross Shopping Centre last year, the day before she ran the marathon. She was doing promo for a toothpaste brand that involve her and some herbert dancing together all day. All looked very desperate but I guess the pay was ridiculous for the minimal effort. Looked like she needed some meat on her bones. Not suggesting any sort of eating disorder or anything, looked healthy enough, she just looked very unattractive at that weight IMO.

I saw Nell MacAndrew at Brent Cross Shopping Centre last year, the day before she ran the marathon. She was doing promo for a toothpaste brand that involve her and some herbert dancing together all day. All looked very desperate but I guess the pay was ridiculous for the minimal effort. Looked like she needed some meat on her bones. Not suggesting any sort of eating disorder or anything, looked healthy enough, she just looked very unattractive at that weight IMO.

thanks for that contribution...........now get back to your 3am Girls column.

I've been blitzing the gym for the last few months and have seen some results. with the exception of a few blips (flu in Jan/Feb and Easter weekend :eek:) where I had to take a week or so off, I've been working out / running at least 4 times a week. I've also incorporated weights into my routine now after advice from a personal trainer.

I definitely feel much fitter than before Christmas, I'm running with relative ease now whereas before it was a real struggle. I ran a PB 10k at the end of Feb of 53mins and I'm pretty sure I might even make it to the 50min mark on my next one!

Unfortunately the gain in fitness hasn't led to a massive decrease in weight, but I'm telling myself that the flab is just turning into muscle and it weighs more :lol: I am definitely going to keep up the exercise though, I feel soooo much better when I'm fit 8)

Oh also looking to run another 10k in June maybe and then a half marathon at the end of the summer, aiming to beat my time from last year!

I definitely feel much fitter than before Christmas, I'm running with relative ease now whereas before it was a real struggle. I ran a PB 10k at the end of Feb of 53mins and I'm pretty sure I might even make it to the 50min mark on my next one!

Unfortunately the gain in fitness hasn't led to a massive decrease in weight, but I'm telling myself that the flab is just turning into muscle and it weighs more :lol: I am definitely going to keep up the exercise though, I feel soooo much better when I'm fit 8)

Oh also looking to run another 10k in June maybe and then a half marathon at the end of the summer, aiming to beat my time from last year!

You can get the sub 50 minute in june, try running it with someone you know is quicker than you, and try to keep up, you'll be suprised.

As for the weight issue, your spot on regarding muscle weighing more. You may weigh the same but I bet you feel and look better.

I've just entered on line for the London marathon next year, you should try entering (soon as it closes quickly), the chances are you wont get in, but if you do it'll give you something to aim at ;)

You can get the sub 50 minute in june, try running it with someone you know is quicker than you, and try to keep up, you'll be suprised.

As for the weight issue, your spot on regarding muscle weighing more. You may weigh the same but I bet you feel and look better.

I've just entered on line for the London marathon next year, you should try entering (soon as it closes quickly), the chances are you wont get in, but if you do it'll give you something to aim at ;)

Ooh yes I'm going to apply again. Didn't make the ballot this year but in hindsight it would have been tricky training for it anyway. maybe in 2011!

Solidarity please!

Following an intense (slightly psychopathic) pre summer health plan...

No wheat/dairy/heavily processed foods/alcohol/caffeine etc

Each week:
3 x weights days
1 x fatigue gym day
1 x astanga yoga
3 x 10k runs

For 28 frickin' days. (Now on day 10)

It's officially killing me and interestingly, the hardest part isn't resisting a cold beer in the sun, but giving up coffee.

I love coffee. :(

BUPA London 10K completed this monday in 57:13 8) after 4 weeks of training.

next up Royal Parks Half Marathon in October (sponsorship welcome ;))

The more tired you get, the more your head pulls heat from the rest of your body. The warmer you can keep your calves, in particular, the less tired they are going to get and they lesser the chance of injury.

Chewmeister does right.

The more tired you get, the more your head pulls heat from the rest of your body. The warmer you can keep your calves, in particular, the less tired they are going to get and they lesser the chance of injury.

Chewmeister does right.

and less chaffing on your wobbly bits! Well for me anyway :lol:

Lost half a stone since January, the exercise is finally paying off W00P!

Ran my first half marathon yesterday in St Albans - was a really hilly course so I was aiming for 2 hours 10 mins - 2 hours 15 mins. Managed 2 hours 4 mins 1 sec and came 1158 out of 2498 runners :D:D:D

Not bad for an old bird who didn't even own a pair of trainers 9 months ago :lol:

Back