New year New me

I didn't start this on New Years (actually last Saturday the 25th), but I've decided that I'm going to enjoy a plant-based diet from now on with the exception of family gatherings or meals out with my immediate family. I had already started on almond or cashew milk more than a year ago, but I was still eating meat. As it turns out (verified through MyFitnessPal) I can get enough protein without the whey, and far less saturated fat among other things without the meat. So I cut both out of my diet. I've lost several pounds that I was seeming to hang onto since Saturday, and I'm really excited/motivated. Stoked!

26 days sober, definitely think I sleep worse :lol:
But I do feel better for it though!

More alert in the mornings. No foggy head. I've been using 1500mg cbd oil to help sleep wise.

However still caught a bloody cold of the kids. I'm still up in the air as to whether it's worth the trade for no wine.....

I didn't start this on New Years (actually last Saturday the 25th), but I've decided that I'm going to enjoy a plant-based diet from now on with the exception of family gatherings or meals out with my immediate family. I had already started on almond or cashew milk more than a year ago, but I was still eating meat. As it turns out (verified through MyFitnessPal) I can get enough protein without the whey, and far less saturated fat among other things without the meat. So I cut both out of my diet. I've lost several pounds that I was seeming to hang onto since Saturday, and I'm really excited/motivated. Stoked!
Great decision! Aside from weight loss, you'll be amazed how much more energy you have. No trouble sleeping/waking up (hitting the snooze button etc). You'll never have to worry about protein so long as you eat enough (whole foods ideally). Cronometer is another great app to keep track of overall nutrition.

I had my midlife crisis at 28, ditched the long term missus, bought a Merc and moved to Ibiza with a model 10 years my junior. Not sure a a bit of a health kick competes....
Haha, I'm only pulling your leg.

It was a bit of a pi$$take of all us oldies

More alert in the mornings. No foggy head. I've been using 1500mg cbd oil to help sleep wise.

However still caught a bloody cold of the kids. I'm still up in the air as to whether it's worth the trade for no wine.....
You'd have still caught the cold Spinksy, stick with it ??

Well the plant-based dieting is off to a reasonably good start; though I still worry about protein. & there are next to zero menu options... But all in all I'm thanking myself for making these changes. I like the salad bar at a market we have called Whole Foods. And there is a vegan cobb salad that's really big at a restaurant we have; the Cheesecake Factory. I was super impressed! There are other places - the Yardhouse which has a 'Lifestyle' section on the menu and let's you order zucchini noodles instead of regular or grain pastas.

It's tricky to eat out when you're plant-based but I haven't had problems with energy or bowel movements or anything else. I know you needed to know about that... :D

Well the plant-based dieting is off to a reasonably good start; though I still worry about protein. & there are next to zero menu options... But all in all I'm thanking myself for making these changes. I like the salad bar at a market we have called Whole Foods. And there is a vegan cobb salad that's really big at a restaurant we have; the Cheesecake Factory. I was super impressed! There are other places - the Yardhouse which has a 'Lifestyle' section on the menu and let's you order zucchini noodles instead of regular or grain pastas.

It's tricky to eat out when you're plant-based but I haven't had problems with energy or bowel movements or anything else. I know you needed to know about that... :D

Ive never eaten anything other than cheesecake at the cheesecake factory. Forgot they had a 'regular' menu!

In California all these fad diets places are on every corner.easy to eat every day. Expensive I'd say but you will still be starving.. we need animal fats in our bodies people... Have you ever met a happy looking person who's been Vegan for a good few years..

Back