New year New me

Earliest I'll get up for a run is 5:30am, though when the mornings get lighter, earlier could be possible.

Yeah the brighter mornings make a massive difference I think. Sometimes through the winter when I’m hitting the night shifts I don’t see daylight for a few weeks. Fcuking kills me ?

have a whole load of tests coming up. cholesterol etc. doomed. I admire everyone who puts the effort in food/fitness wise whereas I just feel total lethargy all the time.

I find it an observation that it is now 'Vegan' if you decide to cut out meat.
You ain't vegan you are a vegetarian

I went to KFC last night after my workout and I see there is a 'Vegan' Burger. No its a Veggie burger.

It is like a trend now to say you are Vegan. Very few people are actually whole Vegan. It goes beyond food

On day 104 of One Year No Beer today. Out for a 6k run at 5am this morning and can't stress how much Monday morning running sets my week up. Nuts that I didn't know before.
I don't do a run in the mornings but i now do 95% of gym sessions in the morning and i feel so much more awake and less tired doing this. I used to do it before Ibiza when it was nice weather and i had a buzz but i managed to carry it on this year throughout the winter and it feels good, especially on a monday to start the week

I went to KFC last night after my workout and I see there is a 'Vegan' Burger. No its a Veggie burger.

It is like a trend now to say you are Vegan. Very few people are actually whole Vegan. It goes beyond food
We live near a dairy farm and to hear the cows Mooing all night after they gave birth and the calf took away so we can have her milk for our cornflakes would make you think twice.. ? ?

have a whole load of tests coming up. cholesterol etc. doomed. I admire everyone who puts the effort in food/fitness wise whereas I just feel total lethargy all the time.

Sorry buddy, hope it’s not as bad as you expect.
Thou shalt have a fishy on a little dishy?

Brilliant ? ?

I was starting to think I’m the only person that knows that song! My kids look at me like I’m an idiot that just made it up on the spot whenever I sing it ?

We live near a dairy farm and to hear the cows Mooing all night after they gave birth and the calf took away so we can have her milk for our cornflakes would make you think twice.. ? ?

I've heard people say this is horrible.

Honestly, Oatly oat milk is really nice and the most environmentally friendly fake milk. It's not cheap though...

Plant based

One problem that I've encountered being a plant-based eater over the last month is people assume that means "vegetarian" but they still will try and give you something made with milk, butter (milkfat), or mayo as with salad dressings or sauce for your sushi roll. If you tell them "vegan"; albeit not exactly the truth, they typically understand that means everything.

When I first went plant-based I had to catch myself a few times because I tended to want to say I was vegan, but I know I'm not. It's just easier; particularly en espanol where the word for vegan as I understand it is still only vegetariano/a... :)

Cold showers.

Im actually a big fan. I had a particularly nasty accident a few years ago parachuting, double break on the lower leg.

Once I got through all the physio and everything I really got into distance running.

A little trick that kept me smashing the mileage out every week was having a cold shower for as long as I could after training every day. Honestly worked a treat.

Can’t recommend it enough, obviously it’s hard to get your head around at first. Also you can feel like your heart is going to stop when you initially blast the cold shower on yourself ??
I've been having the cold showers now for 2 weeks don't mind at all feel bloody great after.Mrs has been doing them for about 6 months and will never go back to hot ones.. highly recommend ... Where are you @Life of Rye ☹️? Hope you just put on weight and don't want to flash that bod anymore...

Back