New year New me

Must be hard to pee in the cold shower.. great to pee on your feet in the shower kills off fungus and other nasty things people pick up in the gym..

Out of interest, but why?
They help boost your immune system, circulation and regulate circadian rhythms.. allegedly. I'm not sold on the science, but I'm happy to accept any placebic benefits. Does put a spring in your step, that's for sure!

They help boost your immune system, circulation and regulate circadian rhythms.. allegedly. I'm not sold on the science, but I'm happy to accept any placebic benefits. Does put a spring in your step, that's for sure!

A mate of mine swears by them, and he's up to 15 minutes now. Lunatic!!

I've managed to keep up the morning gym routine when possible since pre Ibiza 2019 (Previously the pre holiday buzz meant the mornings were easier but as soon as i was back/winter came it was too much) so much that 9/10 sessions of mine are before work and that makes me feel much more awake for work.. It does help that i don't get tired from the gym and just feel much more awake/a buzz from it.

Cold showers are an absolute no from me though :oops:

Wanted to comment earlier but I couldn’t log in for some reason? But when I did it said I’d had multiple log in attempts ?‍♂️

Anyway, pretty boring comment I’m going to post (sorry) but this year I just want more of the same.

Been a turbulent decade with a few painful
transitions but we had another great year in 2019, really coming together for my little family. I’m blessed. Managed to get away to Majorca and did our first proper family holiday.

A full week all inclusive with the missus and two competitive daughters, one hair dryer and one bathroom. I fully deserved the week away to Ibiza a month later afterwards.

Best comment was from my 7 year old sitting by the pool in the sun with a totally serious face:

“Well, I think we should just move here Dad. Because all the food is free, they’ve got free swimming pools and they clean the rooms up for you every day too”

??

f***ing right kiddo, I’ll have a word with the hotel manager about it see what I can do.

Brilliant though seeing them all smiling, happy and enjoying it.

Nothing makes me happier.

Hope 2020 is good for you all ?

How I used to visit foreign countries ?...
CE7995C3-E64A-40EA-8610-1F0D52729F75.jpeg

And how I visit them now ? (minus the teenager who is obviously way too cool for photos with us)...
0D9CA177-66E6-4747-81E3-E73B48CA983C.jpeg

See you’s on the White Isle in July for my annual R&R from the world ✌?

Cold showers.

Im actually a big fan. I had a particularly nasty accident a few years ago parachuting, double break on the lower leg.

Once I got through all the physio and everything I really got into distance running.

A little trick that kept me smashing the mileage out every week was having a cold shower for as long as I could after training every day. Honestly worked a treat.

Can’t recommend it enough, obviously it’s hard to get your head around at first. Also you can feel like your heart is going to stop when you initially blast the cold shower on yourself ??

My main focus this year is tightening up the funds, literally don't know where the wages go, we'll some of it anyway.

140 clean & jerk

Possibly 1 last boxing fight

Drink less cans of monster

Ah that’s interesting mate, club boxing or white collar type stuff? What sort of age bracket are you in? Weight division?

I boxed a little bit through my late teens early 20s. 5 bouts, won 3 lost 2. Took a real beating on one of them ? Won my last bout though so decided to retire on a high ?

Often thought of getting back into it for the craic or a charity bout but:

A) hate getting punched in the head
B) to diet back down to light welter would kill me
C) time to train is hard to come by

Ah that’s interesting mate, club boxing or white collar type stuff? What sort of age bracket are you in? Weight division?

I boxed a little bit through my late teens early 20s. 5 bouts, won 3 lost 2. Took a real beating on one of them ? Won my last bout though so decided to retire on a high ?

Often thought of getting back into it for the craic or a charity bout but:

A) hate getting punched in the head
B) to diet back down to light welter would kill me
C) time to train is hard to come by
Club. I boxed at 80kg but I'm more than that now ?
I'm happy enough just sparring at the moment, Il be 33 soon so I'm no spring chicken lol
Enjoy oly lifting and I can't really do both

Club. I boxed at 80kg but I'm more than that now ?
I'm happy enough just sparring at the moment, Il be 33 soon so I'm no spring chicken lol
Enjoy oly lifting and I can't really do both

Yeah that’s true, boxing is a hard sport to mix with some others especially anything like weight lifting.

Wanted to comment earlier but I couldn’t log in for some reason? But when I did it said I’d had multiple log in attempts ?‍♂️

Anyway, pretty boring comment I’m going to post (sorry) but this year I just want more of the same.

Been a turbulent decade with a few painful
transitions but we had another great year in 2019, really coming together for my little family. I’m blessed. Managed to get away to Majorca and did our first proper family holiday.

A full week all inclusive with the missus and two competitive daughters, one hair dryer and one bathroom. I fully deserved the week away to Ibiza a month later afterwards.

Best comment was from my 7 year old sitting by the pool in the sun with a totally serious face:

“Well, I think we should just move here Dad. Because all the food is free, they’ve got free swimming pools and they clean the rooms up for you every day too”

??

f***ing right kiddo, I’ll have a word with the hotel manager about it see what I can do.

Brilliant though seeing them all smiling, happy and enjoying it.

Nothing makes me happier.

Hope 2020 is good for you all ?

How I used to visit foreign countries ?...
View attachment 8233

And how I visit them now ? (minus the teenager who is obviously way too cool for photos with us)...
View attachment 8234

See you’s on the White Isle in July for my annual R&R from the world ✌?

Some boy you bonny lad! Keep it up?

Back