New year New me

Anyone noticed though that they do it to be 'healthy' but you observe that they drink heavy on the weekends

Maybe some do it for ethical reasons? I personally have cut down a bit on meat/fish in the last few years, think a bit more about my food choices when buying and am willing to make further changes.

Already said some of this in the drugs thread.

Giving up mephedrone completely. Giving up MDMA in the house, so that pretty much means only in Ibiza. Going to try and reduce alcohol. Four mushroom trips a year for personal growth!

Giving up dating sites - pointless waste of time and energy.

Try and up the number of weights sessions a bit, and also keep the focus on running and learning Spanish and programming at home.

Clear out and sell my dad's flat.

I would like to set aside proper time for reading every week, but not sure that will happen this year.

Not the most exciting times ahead, but I should at least get smarter and fitter. :twisted: :lol:
I hear ya!! No dating app as or even dating this year for me need a break!

absolutely bored to tears. can't wait to get away........

Where would you go, mainland Spain?

My current location is the same size as Formentera, but work/family keep me so distracted that I dont really notice the limitations. Ibiza is huge and cosmopolitan by comparison. I would like to be someplace bigger but I do enjoy island life and small town vibe. Ibiza seems a good compromise.

Do you feel like this all year, or just the winter?

Definite start. Get back into gymming regularly again. I've given up drinking etc until the end of March to help with a goal of feeling a bit healthier.

Given up the drink(tired of being tired from wine consumption)

Training twice a day. Weights or cardio in the morning and Bjj in the evening..

Gotta get blue belt this year and take some more gold medals in competition.

Aim to have a track or two signed this year as well . Didn't do anything last year. First since 2014.....

That should be enough to stay busy and avoid too much contact with the wife!

Last edited:
I've yet to (re)join the gym - and to be honest, I'm steering away from doing so. Past form tells me I'd get 3-weeks use before I throw in the towel

Since 2nd January I've cut out all crisps, chocolate/sugary snacks and carbonated soft drinks - the latter of which is a particular vice in summer. Additionally, I've started having breakfast, a meal I've chosen to go without for most of my adolescence and adulthood, on top of having 5-7 portions of fruit and veg a day

Last week I cut out coffee Monday to Friday, although I did give myself a hall pass at the weekend. Back on the wagon again from this morning

From today I'm trying for cold showers - let's see how that goes!

Aside from diet, exercise is still the one I find most difficult to commit to. The best I've managed is one long walk a weekend, which is a minimum considering there are some great trails right on my doorstep

Less than 2-weeks in and I'm already noticing physiological, mental and mood benefits

Back