My list of daytime places to visit, have I missed anything?

Dirk

I am hiring a car this year for a few days and plan to visit different parts of the island during the day.

Try driving from San Carles to Cala San Vicente with the sea to your right, some of the views are spectacular and the final corner as you arrive to see Vicente is terrific. Go on from there to St.Joan and turn right towards Portinatx - the road over the highest part of the island gives wonderful views, not as exciting any more because it is now a road not a dirt track but a hell of a lot safer :p
Continue on down the main road towards Xarraca and aprox two hundred yards before there, turn right "off the cliff" or at least that's how it seems and have a lunch at S'Illot overlooking the beach and bay in the shade of the pine trees - idyllic spot.
Or, continue a bit further on the main road to Ibiza and on the left you will find Es Caliu, my personal favourite on the island and is open every night (and lunchtimes except for July and August).
Another drive worth trying is way down south to Cala Vadella, again the final corner leading down to the bay is spectacular and the restaurant at the far end of the beach - La Torre - serves good salads, fish and chicken while you sit in the shade with a cold bottle of dry white watching the beach activities.
Saturday is worth an hour or so in Las Dalias market, near San Carles and you can have a meal in Las Dalias or wander up near the Church to S'Argentera for lunch - cheap and cheerful fare.
Have fun and enjoy 8)

nice post tony.

people might like to stop off at the lovely bays and coves on the way to csv.
eg cala matella with the famous bigotes 'restaurant' or cala boix with black sand and clifftop restaurant, or pou des lleo, so tranquil. they're among my favourite places on the island

HM

hmmm lets seeeeee.......lala........fav. places to visit. Must be Savannah, sipping one of their huge bowls of sangria with a wooden spoon placed in it. Has real fruit in there as well, oh sight! nothing beats this ever!

Ses Selinas isn´t bad either, as well as St. Eulalia eventhought is reminds me of any other oridinary resort...we went to visit one of the beaches there and there was fish in the water everywhere, freaked me out!

Coastline is cool.......Kumharas is good as well, even though I got food poisoning there the last time I had their lamb-mint chops! My stomake went nuts and I missed Manumission that night, argh!
Stick to the nice drinks!

ibiza-girlie, you do get 'ordinary resorts' in ibiza its not all clubbing you know.....and yes well done fish do swim in the sea...

Robo said:
ibiza-girlie, you do get 'ordinary resorts' in ibiza its not all clubbing you know.....and yes well done fish do swim in the sea...

Ooh get you Rob, are you suffering from Tues post wkend come-down as well LOL :p ;)

ROBO!

ROBO, somehow I get the feeling that you are stalking me in these mailforums! Everytime I´ve posted something, you reply in a not very flattering manner. Hmmm...I´m just gonna take it not so seriously, and just believe that it´s wednesday-grumpy-ness that´s got into you!

Anyway, yeees I knoooow it´s not all about clubbing, my god!? Did you actually think I did return 4 times to the island only to get pissed up to my eyeballs?
IBIZA IS SO MUCH MORE THAN GETTING DRUNK AND SHAGGIN´!

Its the beauty and tranquillity of the island that flatteres me, the chillout scene - and sure, sometimes also the nightlife so shoot me :)

Anyway, hope you feel better soon! Have a NICE AND RELAXING day!

no, your stalkin me aren't you???? hehehehe!!! only joking......believe it or not some people don't release that ibiza is much more than just partying.....

hi

I KNOW!!!
And I can´t stand that rude and pathetic look in people´s faces when I tell them I´m going to Eivissa...They are all like "oh...that girl must be into drugs and sex with 10 dif. men a week" - And Im happily married and all settled down, but just not a boring and dull persona :) People think that coming to Ibiza means freaking out with people from all over europe and that it´s all about the clubs and getting high and pissed. What a shame...

The island is gorgeous and farm ore than expected. I cant wait to go again!

And I can´t stand that rude and pathetic look in people´s faces when I tell them I´m going to Eivissa...They are all like "oh...that girl must be into drugs and sex with 10 dif. men a week"

I know exatly what you mean cause i've been telling people oh how i've wanted to go to Ibiza for ages and am finally going this year and they look at me all surprised as if "what on earth do you want to go there for!?!" I'm like because its a beautiful island, with beautiful people and i hear they play wonderful music all day while you are lying on the beach and if you want to get up and dance you can... I wondered why anyone wouldn't want to experience that! I don't even drink either!! :x I take it its these TV programs that give it a bad image and of course you must believe everything on TV!?! :confused:

so unfair!

Those bloody TV-shows, depicting Eivisssa as pure hedonism where nudity, drugs and sex are the main factors for a good vacation - my GOD!!! ITS SO UNFAIR!

Ugly girls running around telling the camera that they´ve shagged 10 dif. blokes during their 1-week vacation, guys throwing up in west end and other horrific images are what people remember and therefore thing about when the Island is talked about!

Ibiza has SO much more to it! I´ts exotic, erotic (tihi), beautiful and you can do everything you want. Sure there are parties, but horsebackriding in the hills and secret beaches is more my style! It´s heaven, pure and simple! Ibiza HAS style, it´s for people who want that extra and won´t settle for any other average resort.

Thanks for sharing!
other people agree?? :eek:

life

go and enjoy - drugs, drink, sex all available OR NOT as you please but try and see the beauty, the solitude, the joy, the food, the people, the scenic element, the beaches, the clarity of the sea and the essence of Ibiza which you won't know until you experience it !!!

Re: My list of daytime places to visit, have I missed anythi

What is " Atlantis " ?? Sorry, I don't know it...

When I was planning my trip to Ibiza, I thought it would be a wild spring break hedonistic orgy, I was very surprised when I got there. I can be as wild as you want it or as tame as can be. Alot of families go to Ibiza.
You can merely go to the beach, have dinner in town, and call it a night at 10pm. Or you can hit every club from dusk to dawn, sun bath nude, have sex in a quiet cove, etc. It's basically what ever you want it tobe.
Its not a wild, screaming, jump from the balcony hot spot.
Its a cool, fun erotic adventure. I'd like to go back with what I know now.

Firsttimer i agree, YOU decide what Ibiza schould be like, most idiots think that when you arrive you are headhunted by the clubbing-mafia and sentenced to 24 hours of clubbing non-stop (doesnt sound bad, but still!)

Tony said:
Another drive worth trying is way down south to Cala Vadella, again the final corner leading down to the bay is spectacular and the restaurant at the far end of the beach - La Torre - serves good salads, fish and chicken while you sit in the shade with a cold bottle of dry white watching the beach activities

good recommendation!! :D

367516.jpg

Re: My list of daytime places to visit, have I missed anythi

Bine said:
What is " Atlantis " ?? Sorry, I don't know it...

Robo said:
secret beach, that is very hard to get to....

I found a book that is actually very helpful in locating it... really, how difficult is the walk down? I am going to try it anyway!

Back