Music On at Pacha & Destino

Cheers folks.
I’ve seen vids of him (snippets) online over the years and was expecting more Techno. He seems to play a lot of tech/house and never really looks like he’s enjoying himself.
Maybe I should listen to a full mix?

Have you been to the Pacha night yet? Thoughts?
Not been. But been told that he has adapted his style more than Sven was willing to. Popping to Destino later but not sure if I'll stay long enough to see Marco.

What’s the deal with destino tickets? Is it free to attend or how does it work? Please :)
Also, was it mobbed again last week at Pacha? Anyone know?

What’s the deal with destino tickets? Is it free to attend or how does it work? Please :)
Also, was it mobbed again last week at Pacha? Anyone know?

not free no. I'll add tickets later today.

not sure how busy pacha was last week.

Let us know what you think:
Listen to Marco Carola - Music On Closing 05.10.18 Live Mix at Amnesia Ibiza by Marco Carola on #SoundCloud

Okay, i gave this a listen this morning.

Its a very monotonous sound, there is no let up or any changes in genre. His transitions are very tight, but i get the impression he chooses his tracksvery carefully in order to lessen the chance of a sh1t mix.

Its not my bag, I'll be honest.

Suppose if you've had a few tablespoons of Cecil, it might be?

to be fair to Carola, it’s a sound which sounds exponentially better through a good sound system in a club environment than it does through home speakers and headphones etc.

Still not really my bag tbh but some of the old music on nights at amnesia when it was allowed to go on into daylight were pretty good at times. Does surprise me how he’s managed to get such a fanatical following in some ways.

To be fair I've only seem him twice but quite enjoyed him - but they were only 2-2.5 hour sets and the last time was Space closing year when he did a solo set then went B2B with Carl Cox. Pretty decent but wouldn't especially seek him out and some of the videos I've seen in the last year or 2 seem a bit meh

Let us know what you think:
Listen to Marco Carola - Music On Closing 05.10.18 Live Mix at Amnesia Ibiza by Marco Carola on #SoundCloud
I too gave this a listen this morn. I love techouse, but this was soulless. No journey, no mood, maybe one or two tracks made my head bounce. I mean its not THAT horrible, and as @Crawleytown said, being in the club likely has a different effect.

Went to Destino for a bit. Didn't stay for Carola. Apollonia playing music fit for sunshine, but only really going through the motions I felt. I get their appeal, but for me it isn't exciting enough. When I arrived at 17:30 there was probably 100 people dotted around, but by the time I left at 19:30 it was half full and looking likely it would fill completely.
What I love about Destino is the diverse clientele. Some people swooning around in €5K Prada suit jackets, and others looking like they've come straight from the gym. Amazing.
Music On dancers. Beautiful girls with bastard fringes.

I agree. Apollonia was more fit for the ambience. It filled out and thinned after half an hour of Carola. The taxi cue started at 10pm. The atmosphere didn't feel exciting for an opening. Maybe it's because he plays in the day and night? I also enjoy a little bit of day time to evening partying at Destino. I love the setting and I've seen some pretty good opening and closing parties.

The atmosphere didn't feel exciting for an opening. Maybe it's because he plays in the day and night?

I wasn't there, but here is my two cents on day > night thing. For me I always see Ushuaia and Destino parties as more of an after party. When I use them as pre parties I never get full into them, as I know I have the whole night ahead of me.

Where as if I have been out all night the night before, you may get a few hours sleep, and then onto a day party.... you kind of pick up where you left off.

When I use them as pre parties I never get full into them, as I know I have the whole night ahead of me. Where as if I have been out all night the night before, you may get a few hours sleep, and then onto a day party.... you kind of pick up where you left off.

Back