Music On at Pacha & Destino

tech-house has become such a lazy catch-all term. The stuff Carola plays compares to people like Fisher is miles apart, yet they all seem to get this ‘tech-house’ label attached by people who don’t happen to like the music.

Fully agree with this. The music being played at music on festival was miles apart from Solid grooves at printworks! And they are both labelled as boring tech house ? I thought Carola’s set was ace both days at the festival! Although the sound system and atmosphere of being there would make it 100x better than watching or listening to the set on live stream through you’re phone!

Anyways the highlight for me was Neverdogs they played some real energetic thumpers towards the end of their set, the atmosphere in the greenhouse room was amazing ! Jamie Jones also delivered for me in terms of energy in his set. Apollonia were also very good although more of chilled smoking a joint vibe ? but still good music.

Just to echo the sentiments above Pacha's and Luca Dea's IG showing Pacha as VERY busy last night throughout the night as I'm sure we would have all guessed. The dancefloor did look considerably darker too which can only be a good thing!

Looked VERY busy ! Although for me looking at the vids on Instagram the atmosphere looks a bit dead compared to amnesia :(

Looked VERY busy ! Although for me looking at the vids on Instagram the atmosphere looks a bit dead compared to amnesia :(

sasha, one of our interns who went has just come back with reports. she thought it was really good and especially stacey pullen was apparently amazing. very busy, but got a little roomier the later it went. she didn't stay until the very end though.

I have purchased my tickets through spotlight for the 20th June - It will be my first time at Pacha but my 3rd Musicon event.
I have done Amnesia and 338 and both were very very good.

I watched the Pacha IG stories of the opening and it looked decent but then I watched some of the vids back from Amnesia and in my opinion you could tell the difference in Atmosphere. Pacha mobile phones in the air where as Amnesia it was hands in the air. A lot more energy in Amnesia

He is still going to going to pacha tho, I wonder who will pay the fine or if they will settle out of court, drama drama how fun!

Anyone surprised there are only 7 of the Destino events? Considering they made a big thing of the day/night thing I expected more.

MAY 30th · JUNE 13th · JUNE 27th · JULY 4th · AUGUST 22nd · SEPTEMBER 5th · OCTOBER 3

Anyone surprised there are only 7 of the Destino events? Considering they made a big thing of the day/night thing I expected more.

MAY 30th · JUNE 13th · JUNE 27th · JULY 4th · AUGUST 22nd · SEPTEMBER 5th · OCTOBER 3

Yup, seems like a bit of a waste to me. Particularly if the powers that be have stopped other artists from performing there i.e. Guy Gerber - Rumours etc.

Guessing they think they can make a shedload more money with 7 Music On daytimes then they would with a season full of RUMORS.

Back