Moving To Ibiza

Once i move in i intend on gettin a dog as mine died in belfast last chrimbo. Im looking a golden lab ( best dogs in world ) all i see out here are springer spaniels and pitbulls thrown in with some funky dalmations. Iv asked around to see if any1 breeds dogs but no 1 has labs so in august im considering flying home to get one as i know a few people at home who breed full pedagrees,

Go to Arthurio, the vet in San An. He actually asked me yesterday if I knew anyone looking for a dog, because they always have loads to re-home towards the end of the season.

Hello Hannah

And you know if all else fails you should take up writing. This was a beautiful piece of prose. In fact, no need to leave it as last resort, you have a definite talent with words, absolutely gorgeous flow.

Best of luck to you and little Lottie

x

your move

have just been reading about your move and i am soooo jealous.
i wanted to move to the island for ages and even looked at a small bar for sale, but i dont think i could get the cash together or have the balls to move..............!

Hi all.

..Spent from last May until November there ( Benirras ) on an advance party recce of sorts, then unfortunately had to leave & brave the grey in the UK for a while, but am moving back out permanently in March.

Hasta Luego amigos & amigas :lol:

kevsta

Thanks Y'all

Aint been able to get on in a while, due to being very busy and preoccupied. Still here on the white island and having recieved so many pieces of tremendous and very welcome advice, I would only like to take this chance to say thanks to every single 1 who scribbled reply's. Reading the story's of people who made similar moves iv taken on board ur advice & rest assured enjoyed reading about ur experience.

Sufice to say iv been living the quiet life through the winter in my wee bungalow, Kept myself busy doing some renovation work to get it ready to go str8 back on the market,

Iv met many good friends, had many a great nights, parties, barbques, booze ups, and basicially if the next year goes anything like the past il be 1 happy camper..

Hope 2 c u's all on the beach or in the bar in 2007

A Magnificent read Hannah...

If i can 2nd the opinion of if all else fails be rest assured your writing is unique and a joy to read.

I wish you good fortune and helthy living and of course heat for all the winters...

love it

Have spent da last hour here reading des post and have da same mind as every1 here. Heddin out start of june and hopein not to return. been der for last 2 yrs and loved it. just basically sick of ireland and da lifestyle (same **** different day) does any1 have any advice on how to get a long term job which does not end after october? type of work?

Wow there's some pretty inspirational stories on here, i split up with my partner last year and family members have also died from cancer and i've also realised that you only have one life and to fill it with as many opportunities as possible. I'm looking to move to ibiza from May to September next year with my 3 year old, so if anyone has got any advice about jobs and what the childcare over there is like, just about any advice would be greatly appreciated. Who knows i may not come back!

No Stephan, Me Still Here.

Jaw i dont know to much about childcare out here, what iv learned the past winter is that the island dies a horrible death. Although its the best time to explore in the cool climate & enjoy having the island to ones self. I must admit i did take a quick scoot Back to U.K in March as the rain was driving me mad and One can only have a drink in the 1 & only english pub open so many time's...

Stephan What makes u say i Bogged off,??

Sorry for the lack of updates but i aint got broadband out here and frankly rearly get on the net... Again thanx to all for the nice messages wish you's all good luck in your journeys, were ever it may take you

No Stephan, Me Still Here.

Jaw i dont know to much about childcare out here, what iv learned the past winter is that the island dies a horrible death. Although its the best time to explore in the cool climate & enjoy having the island to ones self. I must admit i did take a quick scoot Back to U.K in March as the rain was driving me mad and One can only have a drink in the 1 & only english pub open so many time's...

Stephan What makes u say i Bogged off,??

Sorry for the lack of updates but i aint got broadband out here and frankly rearly get on the net... Again thanx to all for the nice messages wish you's all good luck in your journeys, were ever it may take you

:confused: :confused:

Hi pistol, would you say it's a better way of life and a nicer place to bring up children, and what do people actually do when the season shuts down, is it hard to find work. I'm from blackpool so i'm used to busy places becoming ghost towns in the winter. just want to way up any options before i take the plunge.

Hi pistol, would you say it's a better way of life (yes) and a nicer place to bring up children (yes) , and what do people actually do when the season shuts down, is it hard to find work (yes) . I'm from blackpool so i'm used to busy places becoming ghost towns in the winter. just want to way up any options before i take the plunge.

good luck!:D

Holy Sheeshaa...

To think, this was all so long ago, this was before the mega crash were the bankers robbed so many, and continue to do so until this very day... I know, this is the Ibiza forum, no more of that talk...

It's unbelievable it's been so long... Feels like yesterday... The travelling to Ibiza was awesome, The boat from Belfast to Stranraer, The two day drive to Portsmouth, the few days ferry to Bilbao, The welsh girls on the boat :), The drive to Barcelona with no air con (Not recommended) with everything I owned packed in around me, The missing the boat to Ibiza and spending a night in Barcelona, Then the boat to Ibiza when Italy were Playing Spain in the WC 06, Boat was packed with Rich Italians and lots of Spanish too, Being befriended by a beautiful elegant Italian Lady, The Arrival into Port in Ibiza Town in early morning (Recommended)

I've decided to come back to this forum to see what I've missed, in '08 I left Ibiza & haven't able to return since. Now my brain is dreaming, craving, desiring Ibiza once more..

Would love to share the story of my time, it's a bit much for me to pound out now, however I will return often to fill in pieces.. One thing I will say though, After all the planning I did on my travelling and planning a life for myself, I never knew one such fact which was vital.. Internet.. The damn place did have good internet, imagine dial-up in say 1996/7 ah all those early days spent in internet cafes, as a internet poker pro, this was vital.. From there the story begins and hopfully helps explain why I was not around much on Ibiza-spotlight....

Having met many great characters in my two years on the beautiful isle, many of whom remain friends, met many dodgy geezers and many beautiful women, Ibiza is without doubt my favorite place on planet Earth, I eventually began to think as a native... Me being me, my luck being my luck, I guess, thinking back it all went pear shaped, when, I met and fell for a woman... AAHhhhhhhhhh, bloody women..

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone...

Hannah, if you ever come back here, id be thrilled to read your blog, says i need an invite..

Last edited by a moderator:
Enlighten us to your location now pistol c. Did you ever return? It is also my dream to one day live on the Beautiful white Isle but the worry of not finding all year round work has so far put me off

Back