Moving To Ibiza

FUNNI BROOKZI....

Man i aint got no poker skillz either, Me got lucky once so be4 i gamble it all bak i thought its time to hit the high seas...

I think its coming close to the final post cause after spending 2 weeks traping around bout 20 appartments and numerous estate agents i finally turned on the radio to hear of the Ibizapropertyshop... They run by english people & thought id give them a shot. Arranged to view 4 the next day and at 10.30am we went for the excursion. All appartments looked the same to me just depended on location but the 2nd place we checked out was a bungalow. It same sort of size as appartments but has out door space. I knew i was looking for something different & paul the agent said take a day to think. Unfortunatly i hit the west end & walked in2 joe spoons were after 2 pints of guiness it was decided. I got on the blower and made my offer... The owner of the property is in england and used it last 20 years for holiday gaffe. He accepted & as he does not live there %my rental runs out soon he agreed to fly over this friday and all being well i will be in the same day im out of the joint i rent now.. Although u always gotta expect the unexpected but i live in hope.. I aint here to advertise for the ibizapropertyshop but these guys have been 1st class.. Basicially they took me by the hand and brought me to notary, got nie number sorted and have helped tremendously. As they from England they say they are here 4 people like me who aint got a baldy were to start. Which took away all the hassle & left me with more time in becoming an ibizain. So all being well, next tuesday il have completed this journey in2 unknown but it was worth it.. I can only recommened to any1 thinking of doin it that u just gotta get up & go 4 it.. Im a dumb irish bloke.. If i can any1 can....

Just found this post and been reading through your tale - I am so pleased that everything has worked out for you - I really hope you settle and find happiness in Ibiza - really chuffed for you mate!!!!

Maybe one day I will have the balls to sell up and jump ship ........:lol: :lol: :lol:

hey man this all sounds good. im from belfast myself and jsut back from a 2 week holiday in ibiza, trying to get back out asap. if you have any rental sites you could throw at me id apprecaite it.

wow - great read, please keep posting! so jealous, i've got similar aspirations but nothing behind me to put it into place but i swear one day i'll get out there on a more permanent basis.

All i can say is cheers people.. I hope yous do some day decide to do it, For me it was last winter. I just couldt face being pissed on 340 days a year anymore. Its pretty simple and all of it can be done on the internet. As my favourtie author wrot( Hunter S Thompson ) BUY THE TICKET, TAKE THE RIDE..... - HST Is writer of fear and loating in las vegas for the none junkies among us...

Well to be fair it is simple to a certain point. The banks held up gettin money sent over to my new account here and followed by the seller of the house saying he cant make it till next friday iv now had to sit back and just watch all the topless itilians sail by. He has let me dump all my gear into the bungalow which has freed up my car so any days i aint hit the Guinness iv been fishing on all corners of the island. Man I love this Place...

For rentals man its best just to google search and dont go for 1st site u see. U can find some nice places on loads of different sites.. Ibizapropertyshop do lots and they are nice and affordable, The latest one iv got off them for 1 week is rite above cafe del mar over lookin sunset with air con & tv for 335euro which is good for high season..

Once i move in i intend on gettin a dog as mine died in belfast last chrimbo. Im looking a golden lab ( best dogs in world ) all i see out here are springer spaniels and pitbulls thrown in with some funky dalmations. Iv asked around to see if any1 breeds dogs but no 1 has labs so in august im considering flying home to get one as i know a few people at home who breed full pedagrees,

Again thats all for few more days. Patrica i still aint heard from you.
Anyone floating about or ul prob find me in the irish pubs. Until next time keep it real and remember, Use a condom

Superb read mate!

Insperation to the rest of us, like myself i want to move to ibiza, im 18 now and looking to move at about 22/23 with a mate of mine, maybe start a bar!

Hope everythings good for u m8

Cheers

yep fantastic. i guess its just about having the balls to get up and go. thinking about it and planning never works.

Good stuff.. Il mabe catch u´s out here...

Good luck to yous. Follow ur hearts and live it through. Il look 4ward to hearing your stories of shifting gears.

Dont get me wrong regards the planning. I would have to agree & suggest for any1 making a move to plan it throughly, I spent a few months planning but most was done by just sitting at the computer. What i meant was you can plan as much as you like but having your feet on the ground make´s it easier. I arranged a week of viewing gaffes before id set foot on the white isle, and made usefull contacts.

Delighted thimgs have worked out for you mate..ive ust returned and had a great holiday,if i was to move to Ibiza it would have to be permanent as with my job i couldn't do the summer workers thing,it's maybe something ill look into in the future as i plan on learning Spanish not 100% fluently but quite a lot,keep us up to date on how you get on :)

Brilliantly inspirational story :D

I ache to live in Ibiza, I love the place
hearton.gif
hearts.gif

Just out of interest, roughly how much money did you win at poker? Also roughly how much money did you come to Ibiza with? Im presuming you have no debts :)

I have loads of debts
cry.gif
so think thats going to be a big thing thats stopping me living there for a few years!

Maybe I should take up poker, got any tips? :rolleyes:

Keep us posted
thumbsup.gif

Hello PistolC,

I have just spent the best part of an hour writing a message, clicked the wrong key and lost it...........arghhhhhhh

I will try to remember what I wrote and write it in Word before making a new post entitled FROM SHEFFIELD TO IBIZA.

Arghhhhhhhh......

man you are doin what i wish i could do tomorrow!

i want to be doing the same thing as you! i want to live there full time! there is nothing in the whole world i wish i could do! so .... i am saving money up and i plan on being out there as soon as i can possibly save enuff to live until i find work!

if anyone can give me some advice as well i would mostly appreciate it!!!

hey hannah ... thanks for your story :)

hola hannah ...

many regards from the old town, d'alt vila ...

me and my girlfriend (23 and 24 years old) live here now since january 2006 and we love it ...

i like to go to san carles / cala lenya and this area to have a break or just to have a tortilla at anita's bar :)

hopefully we meet one time and have a cafe con leche all together!

hasta luego ... eric and frances ...

btw: we are german, origin ;)

This topic has been filled with excellent information and stories. I thank you all for sharing, yet again; I'm another young'en wanting to live in Ibiza.

I thought I would share a bit of what my plans are so far...
I'm currently only 16-17 years of age, and in no position to move out intill after grad.
Most likely doing a year of graphic/flash/website design courses mingled with video production and editing. By then I should have enough money to start off in Ibiza.

Now for the move, I'm thinking not an appartment rental. Buying a semi-exclusive casa with 3 others. Work at the beginning, would simply be me asking around for businesses/cafes/restuarants/real esate/ etc that would like a website desigend and maintained, or even being a photographer for them. Post all my work on my resume/profile website to show others what I've done... After the start, work with my friends on a Ibiza video. A tour site exploiting and exploring what Ibiza live-time is really like. Webcam of the weather.. so so. Document everything...

This is only the starting of what I have planned with others, but I would like to know what you think I am missing and some ideas.comments?

- Thanks again.
Dale

p.s. Some of my work >> http://www.cankoo.com , http://www.killerkk.tk , http://www.linkcrew.tk .........:twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
@virusoft:

so what about your spanish? before you want to move here or better said before you make an year as an flash-designer you have to learn spanish i think.

otherwise you can't really get in contact with the locals (cafe, restaurants, real estate, etc.)

regards from the island,

eric

That's where highschool comes into play8):)
My school requires a 2nd language as does most others, but I was presented a choice in gr.8 unlike others to take spanish instead of our french policy. After thinking about it over my gr.7 summer I decided what countries would I like to travel to or even move there. Nothing clicked with french and obviously spanish was popping up all over my mind. I took the course, and still going strong intill my gr.12 year of spanish. Even all the spanish school work doesn't satisfy me and my learnings. I actually go to extra lengths to learn more about the language, download software, change my settings on items to spanish. msn... firefox... etc.

This shouldn't be a problem, thanks a lot though for the reply.
Looking for more clues and suggestions.
- Dale.

Back