Mayday Weekend

I'm going along after work. It's further down my road. I think it's just an exhibition and maybe a talk from dave swindells - I don't think there's an actual party or anything (unless there's something I don't know?!) I suspect it will mainly be attended by 45 year olds pointing and giggling at themselves in old footage/pix - as ever with these things, I go in the hope of free wine/vol-au-vents - will def report back in any case :)

The above excuses are useless seeing we gave our annoying cat back to our dads and seeing im a tiny size 6....i doubt il get away with being preggers...:lol:

Getting my hair done tonight aswell and i am not missing that for anything seeing i look like something out of eastenders with these good awful roots :confused:

Olly is right, that area of the south west (and indeed, most of the major artery roads (M4, M5, A303) will come to a crawl with the traffic.

Leave earlier than 6AM, you won't do that journey in four and a half hours.

Going to be embracing the Royal Wedding day as much as possible. Hopefully finding an East End street party along the way.... salmon and cucumber sandwiches, Union Jack bunting and Chas & Dave high on my agenda for tomorrow :)

Rest of the weekend TBC'd... after a busy Easter I'm thinking more along the lines of a relaxing one (famous last words!)

Olly is right, that area of the south west (and indeed, most of the major artery roads (M4, M5, A303) will come to a crawl with the traffic.

Leave earlier than 6AM, you won't do that journey in four and a half hours.

No bl**dy chance now ffs....the girl whos doing my hair cant do it till tomoz morning (probs wants to get on the piss early tbh :rolleyes:) so shes doing it at 10am tomoz, so il be hitting the worst of it, f**kin great :evil:

No bl**dy chance now ffs....the girl whos doing my hair cant do it till tomoz morning (probs wants to get on the piss early tbh :rolleyes:) so shes doing it at 10am tomoz, so il be hitting the worst of it, f**kin great :evil:

jeez, why complicate your itinerary

just wear a bandana - plenty of time to sort your hair out at the other end

It's time you embraced the six P's, young vic-zee :D

I'm going along after work. It's further down my road. I think it's just an exhibition and maybe a talk from dave swindells - I don't think there's an actual party or anything (unless there's something I don't know?!) I suspect it will mainly be attended by 45 year olds pointing and giggling at themselves in old footage/pix - as ever with these things, I go in the hope of free wine/vol-au-vents - will def report back in any case :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know it's not quite over yet but did anyone get up to anything exciting this weekend then?

I managed to have a quiet one as planned, just out for a few beers on friday and then to my friends daughters christening yesterday.
Great service and day out..never seen a church with a kids play area in though, excellent idea.

Finally back to work tomorrow after a decent 11 days off. Pretty glad to be heading back though :)

Have you been where all Londoners go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgMjOJmdP4

no, went down to a very sunny Hastings today for the annual jack in the green festival, basically this mad old pagan event involving thousands of people painted in green or dressed as trees dancing with morris dancers in the ruins of a castle on a clifftop + the loudest drum circle I think I've ever heard. simply epic. cannot recommend it enough - just to confuse things further, there were also a lot of bikers in the town for a motorbike fair!

no, went down to a very sunny Hastings today for the annual jack in the green festival, basically this mad old pagan event involving thousands of people painted in green or dressed as trees dancing with morris dancers in the ruins of a castle on a clifftop + the loudest drum circle I think I've ever heard. simply epic. cannot recommend it enough - just to confuse things further, there were also a lot of bikers in the town for a motorbike fair!

Was this planned?

I just love those "not as you planned it" weekends.

Sounds as if it was quite diverse.

I had a similar experience with drums at a Lanzarote sunset up in the hills when my first daughter was 18 months old. Its a moment that would outstrip any Ibiza sunset experience.

How did it go then?

not planned at all - well I knew it was on, but only had a vague idea of what it involved - I originally thought it was just a procession but it was completely mental!

aspects of it reminded me of las fallas in valencia

not planned at all - well I knew it was on, but only had a vague idea of what it involved - I originally thought it was just a procession but it was completely mental!

aspects of it reminded me of las fallas in valencia

Nice.

Did you drive down or take the Freda?

Back