Mayday Weekend

Ikoda

We've had a thread discussing the Friday to death... what are you lovely people up to the rest of the May Bank holiday?

The usual. Drinking too much, accomplishing very little of note :lol:

Thursday - my friend's band's big 15th anniversary blow-out. Big club, lots of live acts. Should be entertaining. (check them out, especially if you're from a record label :lol: http://www.theblast.ru)

Friday - Come in late for work :lol: Might sneak out for a long lunch to watch the wedding at a friend's garden party. Later on - hope to attend a mini-festival with Gus Gus and Phonique, followed by a morning foray to Krysha Mira for M.A.N.D.Y. 8) 8)

Saturday - Planing to go buy a bike. Then watch a little Blues-Spurs action. Could have a light evening, although I might check out the new SuperMartXe residency (formerly at Rai, now at Discoteque)

Sunday - Probably meet up with mates to watch Arsenal (hopefully) do their civic duty and beat Man U. Agonize over whether my liver could take a 4th night out.

Monday - Rest, relax, recover

Quiet(ish) weekend for me gardening and foraging. :lol:

I could think of better ways of spending bank holiday Monday than having to get up really early to have my teeth drilled and filled. :(

Is there much to be seen of the May day celebrations in this modern era, Morbyd?

I will still be on a high after watching Wills and Kate tie the knot on Friday and will probably spend Monday doing plenty of this;

Morris186a.jpg

I do enjoy dance music and shaking a leg in the clubs, but nothing quite compares to a good morris dance off.

Once again this weekend i have no plans. Hopefully have some decent weather again and as it coincides with payday i'm sure they'll be quite a few drinks to be had aswell.

Quiet(ish) weekend for me gardening and foraging. :lol:

I could think of better ways of spending bank holiday Monday than having to get up really early to have my teeth drilled and filled. :(

"Dentist works on bank holiday" shocker??

Are you paying double for the pleasure?

Is there much to be seen of the May day celebrations in this modern era, Morbyd?
Mayday will be full of demonstrations. Communists, nationalists, all kinds of folk, I suppose. Up the proletariat!

The big official parade is for Victory Day on May 9. They had the first practice run last night. Tanks rolling through the center of town and all. Fun stuff.

Friday - 80's themed 40th birthday party

Saturday - friends coming down from Leeds without children so its guaranteed to be a late one whatever we get up to.

Sunday - 80's themed Hen Do!

Monday - recovery, probably of the Hair of the Dog type, maybe in an 80's style so as not to be out of kilter with the rest of my time warp weekend....

Friday - 80's themed 40th birthday party

Saturday - friends coming down from Leeds without children so its guaranteed to be a late one whatever we get up to.

Sunday - 80's themed Hen Do!

Monday - recovery, probably of the Hair of the Dog type, maybe in an 80's style so as not to be out of kilter with the rest of my time warp weekend....

Love the 80s!!!

Boyfriends just had his ACL done (knee reconstruction) so we are mostly house bound for next few days....

Fri - gonna watch the wedding at home in our PJs :D then my folks may pop over in afternoon, may get some scones and do "afternoon tea" :D

Rest of weekend no plans as of yet, have to play it by ear so to speak....not back to work until next Thurs due to my Florence Nightingale role

I've spent 1/2 the night looking for a cheapish get away abroad going either tomorrow / fri and getting back monday....mission impossible!

Tonight: The long, depressing drive from Leeds to Bristol, most likely filled with traffic.

Tomorrow: A hike or a cycle, then seeing my best friend for dinner, who I've not seen for months, then going to go out and get very, very, very drunk.

Saturday: Hangover from hell. A friend mentioned going to bournemouth for Utah Saints, then on to Slinkys for Lange, Signum and Tall Paul, but not sure I can be bothered with that. Else just chill, maybe pub with my dad.

Sunday: Dad's birthday, so family stuff.

Monday: Maybe see Vic if she's about in Bristol, then do the long, depressing drive from Bristol to Leeds.

Monday: Maybe see Vic if she's about in Bristol, then do the long, depressing drive from Bristol to Leeds.

Im definately going up to Bristol from Barnstaple on the Monday, no idea where im meeting my mate, but im hoping to see him early afternoon....il fb you over the next day or so :)

May Morning (Sunday 1st of May) is a BIG celebration in Oxford , thousands of people gather in the centre to listen to a choir sing from the top of a tower and then everyone heads to the pubs which open at 6am! . Some brain deads jump off a bridge into about 80-90cm of water and risk paralysing themselves whilst the rest of us enjoy the pubs and the occasional small gig.

Back in the day there used to be the official May Day ball run by the University (but if you were well connected you could buy a ticket even if you were not at the University), tickets were £50 each and suit was compulsory but once in all drinks and entertainment were free with top name DJ's playing. It was actually a great night starting at about 9pm the night before then back into Oxford for the 6am pubs opening.
The rights to this were sold to "Mezzmusic.com" quite a few years back and they only did one event which was a disaster, dissorganised and expensive.

So Beer and Bacon roll for me at 6am then enjoy the atmosphere.

Friday - Rock n Roll my arse down to Devon (this will be a test for the new pooper car i got)

:?: What time do you reckon would be a good time to leave ?! Im coming from the South East so gotta hit up the M25 for a bit :?: Dont wana get to my mates toooo early, so dont mind driving in the day and tbh i want the lay in :lol:

Saturday - God knows in the day, i do wana take a trip to the caravan park that i met this mate of mine 6 years ago, it was a holiday romance, he worked in the amusement arcades :lol:

Saturday night - Whether he likes it or not this little one wants to party, love going out in new places :D

Sunday - Death :?: :evil:

Monday - Drive to Bristol, see a friend of mine for lunch then possibly seen Ben 8) then the nasty drive home :D

Fri: Head to Bristol airport to fly to Rome for the weekend.

Sat: Do all the tourist sights, Vatican etc.

Sun: Big May Day party in Rome apparently, city shuts down apart from bars.

Mon: On the tourist trail again.

Tue: Fly home that evening.

Fri: Head to Bristol airport to fly to Rome for the weekend.

Sat: Do all the tourist sights, Vatican etc.

Sun: Big May Day party in Rome apparently, city shuts down apart from bars.

Mon: On the tourist trail again.

Tue: Fly home that evening.

Sounds good!

Back