manumission

P

pachabloke80

so this will be my third visit to the white isle and I've never been to manumission. Do you guys recommend that I go? Most importantly, how is the crowd there and who's the resident dj? i guess if its lame i could always walk across the street to amnesia, but that would be 90 bux on cover for just one night...ouch

thanks for the help peeps,
-the bloke

i would go once - just to see what its all about.

i went in 1998 - first time (Judge Jules), then in 2000 cos 1 of the party we were with had never been.

last year, we only went cos it was the Radio 1 Essential mix one on the Saturday with Sasha.

Bite the bullet, pay the 50 bucks, walk in and check it out. I would then advise you to leave quickly, one hour max. It really should be seen, but it really does suck.

when i first went they did this thing where they only put posters for the next weeks party after the current one had finished...

...this way, you didn't know the guest dj till you get there

Don't think they still do this...am i right?

I'd go because its Manumission and when you get home, alot of people think that the only thing in Ibiza is Manumission and the first question you get asked is "whats manumission like"

im not much of a fan of manumission, everyone just stands around "waiting for something to happen", no one really dances, of course you'll get the odd group of beer boys but im not really into it. although its more than likely that i'll go this year its my mates first time to ibiza and he'll want to go, plus it is a spectacular club venue!

Howie said:
I'd go because its Manumission and when you get home, alot of people think that the only thing in Ibiza is Manumission and the first question you get asked is "whats manumission like"

All the more reason NOT to go if you ask me ;)

Howie said:
im not much of a fan of manumission, everyone just stands around "waiting for something to happen", no one really dances, of course you'll get the odd group of beer boys but im not really into it.

you must have gone on a shit night then cause there was nobody just "stood around" when i went the people i got talking to were great (doctor his sister his wife and his mum!!!) there wasnt really to many beer boys and there was a really good atmosphere in there. Was it open when you went? sometimes you do find people stood round, its called cooling off, taking a break. and i remember waiting for something to happen............ the show!!!

i go every year cause i love the shear scale of it all!! i would tell you to go. you will have a great night, i know when i go i cant get over how big it all is hearing a dj just for the toilet and then seeing the sun rise through the back window.

i really like it if you couldnt tell!!!!! :D

what about the night that manumission was shown on live rapture tv, hardly anyone was moving!

manumission has just become a tourist club, very much like gatecrasher did over here! people just go to say that they have been there!

Because you havent been there obviously your curious , however went there last year and i dont think ill ever go again!

your not really missing anything!

think music, versus circus, versus freak show!!!!!!!!!!!!

id rather spend my money on another space, pacha or amnesia nite!

itsl ike a freaking cirvus with small people jumping around on stage, performing activities that BELONG IN A CIRCUS - NOT IN A CLUB!
Back in the ol´days there were live sexshows, nude people anmd it was more about the music.
this year privelege has some really poor nights, where as Amnesia is totally ruling the island.....my opinion anyway! Yiesto, PVD and Oakenfold under the same roof in one evening!!!!

NOOOO!!!!! dont go! Mondays should be for Cocoon (AMAZING!) or if ur not into ur techno id advise Release Yourself (even tho ive never been)!

Manumission is a no no. Been a few times, - went twice last year, went to see Sasha on the sat with radio 1, then went on a monday for my birthday. I wanted to go Cocoon but my brother wanted Manumission, seein as I dictated where to go all holiday I let him have manumission.

Ended up payin a shit load of money again (Smokin Jo was TOP), but everythin else was a let down:( We payed top whack to get in and half the club woz walkin round with Vip!

Im not much impressed with the sound in privelege anyways.

You can lose it quite easy in manumission if you're totally away with it - I lost my mates after going to the toilets (quite easy - even if there are maps - they're no use if you cant see properly!!)

Anyway, some little dwarf person came up to me and started moving his lips as if he was speaking to me but he wasn't actually saying anything - just pretending to... freaky... I was having none of it though - and ran away :)

Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid...

go and check it out for yourself. I visited once in 2000 and disliked it; the sound system felt off, the music as so-so, and there wasn't a united vibe or buzz in the crowd.

thanks for the help guys....i think i may check it out, especially if dave seaman is going to be there

I totally agree with you Premile with regards to the sound system.

The sound just doesn't seem to travel well in a club of that size - Its strange how different the music sounds in relation to where you are in the club

markEg said:
some little dwarf person came up to me and started moving his lips as if he was speaking to me but he wasn't actually saying anything - just pretending to... freaky... I was having none of it though - and ran away

do you mean johnny golden (aka dr. johan larger-shlanger)? :rolleyes:

0parade%20-%20low%20res.JPG

Back