Manumission is on but.....

Manumission

Dalt Vila, what i'd like to know is WHERE you heard all this nonsense!!!!! :rolleyes:

I"m having a hard time believing it all.....sorry..... :rolleyes:

Re: Manumission

spiceboy101 said:
I"m having a hard time believing it all.....sorry..... :rolleyes:

Me too...

I would've thought M & C have that covered. They might enjoy the party but primarily they are business people...

I dunno either, I want it confirmed b4 I believe it, afterall they started it all.......but as with so many things, and as peeps have told me here: maybe we schould give this (if its true!!) the benifit of the doubt. MAYBE it wont be such a freakin boring circus and maaaaybe the new ones running the show, will put something new and original into it: so why dont we wait until the season is over to rate it - and not on forhand.

remember there are a lot of newbies who still might think Manu has something to offe.r personally Im justthere cuz I like Privilege in general!

Ibiza-girlie said:
remember there are a lot of newbies who still might think Manu has something to offe.r personally Im justthere cuz I like Privilege in general!

C'mon IG everyone knows you are a Manu fan!!! :lol: :lol:

And it's not just the newbies that still think it has something to offer! :twisted: ;)

well I do like Manu, but agree with peeps thati t has lost the plot long time ago, however i stil like the crazyness of the place!! ;) ;)

i also love privelage, i think its a great club and a great experience when you are there and its full and a quality tune is being pumped out. 8)

GazDaBomb said:
So why when you take your nightclub to ibiza you do not own the name there??

If I want to set up a business somewhere first thing I do is to check the laws. If promoters move their business and don't bother to consult the laws it's their fault.

Manumission will be a registered trademark and protected by copyright laws internationally. It is likely that Mike and Co sold those rights to the club so that the Manumission name remained with the club. This happens quite frequently and Mike and Co will have been paid a tidy sum for the sale of the name.

Believe it or not, I don't care. You'll see. 3 of my best friends work (or used to) work at Privilege, one is the Director de Animacion, one used to do PR for years (and has this year, due to all the changes, been offered to SELL TICKETS which of course he declined) and one works behind Coco Loco bar. So make of it what you want.

Oh and Mike and Claire don't own the rights to the name as they arrived on the island with nothing but a concept and Privilege paid for everything from the beginning.

is it not the case that Mike & Claire are responsible for the artistic content of Manumission and that Andy & his spouse deal with the running of the night?

macdonsj said:
is it not the case that Mike & Claire are responsible for the artistic content of Manumission and that Andy & his spouse deal with the running of the night?

Dont think they have had anything to do with the party for a couple of years now

just to clarify something.... the law, as i understand it, allows you to copyright a name of a buisness, image or product at local, national or international level. my bar´s name and logo, for example, is now protected in ibiza, but not in the rest of spain or anywhere else in the world.
there was a good example some years ago when coca-cola used to register their name in each individual country as they opened up a market there. some guy in africa (can´t remember the exact country) made his own cola drink and called it coca-cola. when the real company wanted to sell their stuff there they had to buy the name from this guy who, as you can imagine, charged them several million dollars!
most big companies now register their names under international copyright straightaway now!!

silvia said:
If promoters move their business and don't bother to consult the laws it's their fault.

understandable but it appears that the brand name Manumission, which is recognised globally has been "stolen". This deas not show good business ethics and is bound to lead to privelage falling on its arse...

FireItUp said:
silvia said:
If promoters move their business and don't bother to consult the laws it's their fault.

understandable but it appears that the brand name Manumission, which is recognised globally has been "stolen". This deas not show good business ethics and is bound to lead to privelage falling on its arse...

If it was stolen I'm sure they would take it to court. IT's a business, you know, and probably they got a huge amount of money.

Back