Manumission is on but.....

daltvila

Not that I'd care much myself ;) but I know a lot of you are desperate for Manu news so I can solemnly announce that Manumission will still be at Privilege on monday nights but without Mike, Claire & Co (they have been dumped). Privilege owns the name so they'll now organize the party themselves. The funny part is that Privilege is about to be sold to a group of people from Valencia but they'll only buy it if Manumission will be packed this year (as it was the only night anyway when the whole place is filled to the max). I predict the same thing will happen as it did a couple of years ago with La Vaca Asesina, they kept the name and after one season it was over. La Troya instead became a huge success for Amnesia. Mike and Co will probably do something different at another club, too, and I do hope they'll come up with something fresh and less tacky.

was heisst being dumped?...mich interessiert diese manu scheisse überhaupt nicht, aber was bedeutet das...rausgeschmissen? :?:

Greed :evil:

How can they do something like that :?: After ten years of hard work (and sex) they just throw Mike and Claire out. I just hope they crash and burn :x

"World´s emptiest discotheque presents Manumission 2004 starring DJ Sammy" :lol:

Genau, Vienna, rausgeschmissen. Die kamen damals mit null Kohle an und Privilege hat daher die Rechte auf den Namen usw.

The problem is those not in the know will still go. Even if I wanted to go out of principle I'd refuse if they kicked out Mike and all as they've made Manumission what it was, a shame really and I hope they come up with something bigger and better.

gecko2 said:
The problem is those not in the know will still go. Even if I wanted to go out of principle I'd refuse if they kicked out Mike and all as they've made Manumission what it was, a shame really and I hope they come up with something bigger and better.

I'd say the same - the majority of the crowds aren't real clubbers, So... they won't be aware of what's happened and probably wouldn't care.

Surely the DJs, who must have dealt mainly with Mike & Claire, won't deal with the club direct? On the other hand, the club owners have massive influence and the DJs might crack under that....

Isnt that kind of out of order :confused:

Didnt Mike & Claire brimg Manumission over to Ibiza from Manchester all those many years ago :?:

Privilege = Robbing theiving Gypsy Barstids!

how about the announced manumission 10th birthday party at privilege on august 6th? :rolleyes:

will mike and claire be part of it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ibiza_intro_3.jpg

What I'd love to know is 2 things......

1) Why did Mike and all not trademark the Manumission name and brand?

2) How much were they involved in the running of the night?

this is shocking that it is alloud. Mike and clair have been shit on from a great height, it wont even be manumission unless mike and clair are walking arround. i hope it all backfires bigtime. Privilage owe manumission so much and they repay them buy stealing it. :(

Are there no kind natured spanish people or are they all out to take what is rightfully others???

no im not stupid at all. I didnt mean people as a whole i meant club owners. sorry if you took it as an insult i never meant it like that

What i mean is when was the last time there was a thread saying the owners of a club have let a nightclub have the rights to there name??

all you hear is how they are stealling nights to try and make money out of them when other people have worked long and hard and for many years to build up the reputation of a club get a good client base then somebody comes and takes it all from you. Other clubs have been ok, they have there nights in the uk and only come to ibiza for the summer but for somebody like manumission who have been working with privelage for 10 years what has happened to them is low.

you have to be a very shollow person to do what privelage have done and i personally wouldnt even think of it.

What is the big deal with letting manumission have there name?? let them have it there still going to have there parties in privelage and everyone is happy.

anyone inform Ibiza Girlie about this?

Mad news.

shit anyway

Like ive ALWAYS!! said Cocoon or Release Youself

Thank u please

x

although the grabbing of names is pretty unscrupulous by the club owners...

...why the hell didn't they trademark the name?

seems similar to the kerfuffle a few years back when a few clubs had to either change name or pay some people

i put it down to penny pinching by the promoters - they get a lot of trade on name recognition and for the cost of copyrighting it they could have secured its use!

if u were a club owner and a loophole openend up, u would exploit it!

Back