Make Privilege big again

I think you've right, it could have a space-like vibe. Plenty of nooks and crannies and places to get lost in and new areas to discover.

Don't go too up market and flashy (the balcony vip area is fine) so has a bit of a warehouse vibe, but not scruffy with poor facilities like a warehouse 😁

Guess time will tell.

Although if lots of places are thinking of renovating for 2022, probs want to get things moving soon or might find shortage of trades people. (Even with the typical ibiza finishing the work as the doors open type thing)
defiantly mate. carrying the Space name along to that venue would of seen heads flock in anyway.. plus the dome looks pretty space station like:rolleyes: it just sells itself😄

DONT make Ku to Space. it just completely trashes the whole shooting match. Space is gone. It was amazing , but its over. It simply cannot be Space in another....space.

You need headliners for a big club. Cox , Carola , Guetta , Schulz , Väth and so on and so on. Quality is a different issue.

the way I see it is that there is a golden opportunity here to try something new, to combine the imaginative with the commercially viable. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. just parading the same old tired branded djs and tried/tested formulas is so unbelievably dull.... the point is you need a USP to get a buzz going and there is a massive gap in the IBZ market for something offering that diversity of options I mentioned under the same roof. the venue can get its cool back if it wants to but only if it wants to.

the way I see it is that there is a golden opportunity here to try something new, to combine the imaginative with the commercially viable. They don't have to be mutually exclusive. just parading the same old tired branded djs and tried/tested formulas is so unbelievably dull.... the point is you need a USP to get a buzz going and there is a massive gap in the IBZ market for something offering that diversity of options I mentioned under the same roof. the venue can get its cool back if it wants to but only if it wants to.

To be fair CC & Sasha / Digweed were the only DJs to sell it out for Resistance a few seasons back so still very viable from a business perspective. It's the other 6 days a week they should be looking to address

Musically you are right. Its uncool to have the same tired names in different venues. But a lot of people want this. One or two days a week the fat cats , the rest is for the cool ones.

Classic Daily Mail:

LOL. Did Privilege ever look good? Even in its best days you could easily confuse it with the Chernobyl sarcophagus from the outside, the dome had an abandoned look with no windows, and the main room looked like an empty aircraft maintenance hangar from the inside. Although the cordoned off swimming pool with the name "Ku" on its bottom did remind that the place had seen better times in the past (not sure if the pool still exists).

LOL. Did Privilege ever look good? Even in its best days you could easily confuse it with the Chernobyl sarcophagus from the outside, the dome had an abandoned look with no windows, and the main room looked like an empty aircraft maintenance hangar from the inside. Although the cordoned off swimming pool with the name "Ku" on its bottom did remind that the place had seen better times in the past (not sure if the pool still exists).
Last time I was there the pool was there but it's under a raised truss work floor.

I could have been hallucinating though 😬

Lets see if its room for a big club like this in IBZ in the next time. Maybe this discussion is out of relevance.

Is it completely covered now? Havent been since 2010.
Pretty sure yeah. Think was 2015 last time I was there. You could get right up to the stage at front.

Walking on floor in places reminded me of walking on scaffolding boards, and at edges of floor could look down into what was pool.

Managed to find one pic that shows the pool. That's around the centre DJ booth bit iirc.

Forwards of that to main stage used for performances is the "floating" floor I think is over rest of pool.

I'm sure others can correct me if I'm remembering wrong. It is a while ago!

Edit: found another where I think you can just about see the writing in bottom of pool. This other side of dj booth in centre.

Attachments

• 2021_092411_3545_269.jpg
    2021_092411_3545_269.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 21
  • SmartSelect_20210924-114402_Video Player.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210924-114402_Video Player.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
DONT make Ku to Space. it just completely trashes the whole shooting match. Space is gone. It was amazing , but its over. It simply cannot be Space in another....space.
just like Ibiza isn't Mexico or Croatia and Space isn't Studio 338 every other month.. strange times we are living in but here we are. Space (if its still going ahead) is already on the move to another location.. was just pointing out if that was the case then Privilege would of been an actual decent fit for it

I agree clubs should be left to what they were.. if they are gone they are gone, just like we had 2 clubs here in the Northeast called the New Monkey and The Afterdark which closed over a decade / decades ago and since then then they have tried multiple venues across the tyne and wear and it just seems weak for those of us that have been to these clubs

The younger people dont know what it was , KU

I agree with you and it's impossible to return to something most wouldn't even recognise but I think you can certainly respect the heritage whilst building on it (as Pikes have done). I just think it is such a waste when you have that legacy, that potential and they go and put on trash like Rich Bitch... or ageing identical DJs who just reek of uninspired beancounting

Looking back through the thread I made almost identical points in 2018 so it probably is whistling in the wind..

I agree with you and it's impossible to return to something most wouldn't even recognise but I think you can certainly respect the heritage whilst building on it (as Pikes have done). I just think it is such a waste when you have that legacy, that potential and they go and put on trash like Rich Bitch... or ageing identical DJs who just reek of uninspired beancounting

Looking back through the thread I made almost identical points in 2018 so it probably is whistling in the wind..

I would do it , too. And the success with their trash was moderately. The people want to experience something , so make a big show. Manumission at the best times was something like this. Need a successor for Mike and Claire. It has to be a big circus.
But one thing is sure : Its too big , this thing.

I would do it , too. And the success with their trash was moderately. The people want to experience something , so make a big show. Manumission at the best times was something like this. Need a successor for Mike and Claire. It has to be a big circus.
But one thing is sure : Its too big , this thing.

Didn't Ibiza Rocks prove that big audience, live music can be a success? I also get the impression that there is a loyal local market for live music. See also @McRackin 's wonderful (and criminally ignored) reviews from Santos each summer. I don't know if politics or bureaucracy is the issue but there is a ready venue right there to attract musicians from everywhere. Automatically you're creating something different and special. A way of recreating the KU aesthetic but with the music of the future?

Didn't Ibiza Rocks prove that big audience, live music can be a success? I also get the impression that there is a loyal local market for live music. See also @McRackin 's wonderful (and criminally ignored) reviews from Santos each summer. I don't know if politics or bureaucracy is the issue but there is a ready venue right there to attract musicians from everywhere. Automatically you're creating something different and special. A way of recreating the KU aesthetic but with the music of the future?

Thats what I want to say.

They had a lot of live music in KU , it was a success. I remember Prefab Sprout , Duran Duran and so on. Big success , it was rammed. And things like manumission and so on. Thats works maybe : Live music , circus and other funny things. Thats Ibiza as in earlier days. The Miss wet T Shirt contests are maybe unnecessary , but ...
And one or two weekly dates with the fat cats because the bucks.

Music of the future ? Lizzo ? Electronica ? reggeaton ?

Back