Madonna

What's an upper? (other than a prescription drug?)

I don't subscribe to the rule that people should stop being sexual with age. I find it inspiring when people combine life experience with a youthful zest.

I'm definitely going to age sexually and hopefully disgracefully.

The media doesn't know $hit and youth isn't for the young.

The Daily Mail. Not even opening it.

:lol: ok so I eventually did.

"I think being a fashion victim over 50, caring too much about trends and colours and hem-lines and whether men notice you or not, reveals something way more horrifying than crepey skin or a stomach with the consistency of cold porridge.
It shows that there is a yawning cavern in your soul where something more meaningful should be, such as, ooh, I don't know, a family, or love, or even gardening."

They (the breeding, enslaved daily mail masses) have to believe that they are 'normal' (i.e. average) to validate their own mundane existence.

Lets all settle down on a barrat estate and dress like acceptable clones taking great care not to offend anyone with unnecessary displays.

:lol: ok so I eventually did.

"I think being a fashion victim over 50, caring too much about trends and colours and hem-lines and whether men notice you or not, reveals something way more horrifying than crepey skin or a stomach with the consistency of cold porridge.
It shows that there is a yawning cavern in your soul where something more meaningful should be, such as, ooh, I don't know, a family, or love, or even gardening."

They (the breeding, enslaved daily mail masses) have to believe that they are 'normal' (i.e. average) to validate their own mundane existence.

Lets all settle down on a barrat estate and dress like acceptable clones taking great care not to offend anyone with unnecessary displays.

Having read the piece i don't think the writer is advocating this point, she's just saying that just because you used to look good in something doesn't always mean you will and looking at the pic sshe does look a bit rough and like a drag act.
I understand that for someone who has been so iconic as madonna it will always be difficult to accept these points but surely she can still keep in the limelight and be a fashion icon just in a different way.There is plenty of great looking older women out there who dress well and look good yet don't go flashing their gusset around at everyone.

Should the way a person dresses be about pleasing other people and looking good ?

Furthermore performing Madonnas dance routines would prove very difficult in a pencil skirt ..

Do what you want to do at whatever age you are.

That said, interests change subtly over the years, or at least they have for me. I live more 'quietly' now (at the ripe old age of 36) because I want to. I don't think Madonna or her music is as exciting as the image she's trying to push - which is why she's clinging to fishnets and drugs references (but will condemn drugs if asked about them :rolleyes:). Heard a few tracks off this new album of hers now and frankly they're dull.

People can be sexual with age, but more flesh doesn't necessarily = more sexy.

Having read the piece i don't think the writer is advocating this point, she's just saying that just because you used to look good in something doesn't always mean you will and looking at the pic sshe does look a bit rough and like a drag act.
I understand that for someone who has been so iconic as madonna it will always be difficult to accept these points but surely she can still keep in the limelight and be a fashion icon just in a different way.There is plenty of great looking older women out there who dress well and look good yet don't go flashing their gusset around at everyone.

Word.

There is plenty of great looking older women out there who dress well and look good yet don't go flashing their gusset around at everyone.

I think thats the issue though, Madonna has never been regarded as one of the most beautiful women. If she dressed like the others who are she would be quite plain in comparison. Also will people complain if they see Kylie wearing tiny shorts in a few years time? Probably not as her bum will no doubt still be super perfect! so maybe its not so much an age thing with Madge, more that the bum is a little droopy. At the end of the day she is on stage in those shorts I'm sure she doesn't wear clothes like that on an evening out.

Should the way a person dresses be about pleasing other people and looking good ?

This. ^^

I hope she never stops.

She shouldn't have to accept anything.

All this "as an older woman she should tone it down a bit" etc...

Why should she pander?

I love her for the reason that she's a blatant drag queen and always has been.

People that walk between genders fascinate me.

...Grace Jones is in her 60s, is still overtly sexual and often exposes her breasts.

I think she's fabulous for doing so.

This. ^^

I hope she never stops.

She shouldn't have to accept anything.

All this "as an older woman she should tone it down a bit" etc...

Why should she pander?

I love her for the reason that she's a blatant drag queen and always has been.

People that walk between genders fascinate me.

...Grace Jones is in her 60s, is still overtly sexual and often exposes her breasts.

I think she's fabulous for doing so.

I accept all of your above points but in regards to grace jones i see the androgonous connection but there is one BIG difference between her and madonna- CHILDREN.

Imagine how her kids feel seeing their mother like that?

I'm not saying just because you reach a certain age you should fit into a stereotype, but all this swearing on stage and tottering round like a drag act is a bit boring now isn't it?

Back