M&T's Move to Ibiza

things you’d love to see
A mysterious stranger turns up at the door looking for a room for the night... could be perfectly timed for Halloween ? he doesn't speak much English and has a thirst for Carling and a knowledge of deep/melodic organic Storytelling that this side of the island has never heard before....

Am guessing since you said you've a spare room, you may get a few requests, outta interest am guessing your house would be a drug free environment, going by your earlier episodes.

Hey @TiffyBennett1 - so hubby & I have decided rather last minute it’s time to make the jump. To get my TIE, & Padron, do I actually need to be in spain for 3 months, or can I apply immediately after a rental / electricity bill / bank account & then return to the U.K.

Was thinking of coming over to IBZ to apply for this - on the assumption it’s less busy than other areas - & because I know it so well/drive easily etc (we’re actually looking at Valencia once my daughter finishes primary school - Jul 21), but thought it best I get over to set up residency before 31.12, then I’ll effectively be commuting back and forth (quarantined every time I return to UK).

It’s sort of mad, but we’ve been thinking about it for years. I’ve been at Brighton Uni learning Spanish. The aim was always to retire there, but one thing & another has brought about the opportunity to do it now. ?

Does anyone have recommendations of agents we could use considering the time frame we have?

Thanks in Advance.

Hey @TiffyBennett1 - so hubby & I have decided rather last minute it’s time to make the jump. To get my TIE, & Padron, do I actually need to be in spain for 3 months, or can I apply immediately after a rental / electricity bill / bank account & then return to the U.K.

Was thinking of coming over to IBZ to apply for this - on the assumption it’s less busy than other areas - & because I know it so well/drive easily etc (we’re actually looking at Valencia once my daughter finishes primary school - Jul 21), but thought it best I get over to set up residency before 31.12, then I’ll effectively be commuting back and forth (quarantined every time I return to UK).

It’s sort of mad, but we’ve been thinking about it for years. I’ve been at Brighton Uni learning Spanish. The aim was always to retire there, but one thing & another has brought about the opportunity to do it now. ?

Does anyone have recommendations of agents we could use considering the time frame we have?

Thanks in Advance.

Amazing news! Love hearing of people that are coming over! Very exciting.
We started our application as soon as we hit the ground and had together all of our documents. I think we submitted for our TIE/Residency 2 weeks after landing once we had got the bank account and rental contract etc sorted.

I'm not sure how it works if you then want to leave and come back again or anything though - so sorry I can't help you with that.

Good luck and keep in touch though!! x

Reactions: Liv
That's what I call willpower - doing a whopping 1h20 podcast instead of enjoying a welcome drink by the pool ?

I thought it was windy and cloudy on Saturday - how on Earth did you get perfect blue skies for that podcast? It wasn't filmed using a green screen, was it?

Looking forward to the new video content Matt hinted about :)

That's what I call willpower - doing a whopping 1h20 podcast instead of enjoying a welcome drink by the pool ?

I thought it was windy and cloudy on Saturday - how on Earth did you get perfect blue skies for that podcast? It wasn't filmed using a green screen, was it?

Looking forward to the new video content Matt hinted about :)

It was definitely windier on Sunday for us. We were super lucky to be able to enjoy it :)
And we went for the welcome drink afterwards haha!

Back