M&T's Move to Ibiza

Congrats on opening the bank account - must be the second happiest day in your life :D

Did I hear correctly (episode 5) that you already have your NIE numbers? Isn't it a long process taking weeks? Or do you and M have it from an earlier stay?

Congrats on opening the bank account - must be the second happiest day in your life :D

Did I hear correctly (episode 5) that you already have your NIE numbers? Isn't it a long process taking weeks? Or do you and M have it from an earlier stay?

I had mine NIE from 2014, and had it refreshed last year when we came for our trip in September. M got a new one in September. Literally picked them up from our Gestoria last night when we were in San An. I've been hearing some stories in a Ibiza WhatsApp group I'm in that people are able to get appointments over in Alicante for their NIE but not in Ibiza. Not really sure what's going on there, but feeling lucky that I already have mine.

Cant believe Mambo still appear to have security in front and around the steps to stop people drinking on the rocks, especially given how quiet it is over there at the moment. That is the one main reason I dont go to that place anymore....OTT

Cant believe Mambo still appear to have security in front and around the steps to stop people drinking on the rocks, especially given how quiet it is over there at the moment. That is the one main reason I dont go to that place anymore....OTT

It did get a LOT busier, and they moved everyone off of their steps but didn't stop people going on the rocks. When we first arrived it was completely empty but definitely picked up (I popped a picture in the 'Ibiza Right Now' thread)

I've never been..in over 40 visits.. ?
Well done for avoiding, was in Ibiza in 94 when it first opened but stopped going to Mambo after 2003 (or when they built the promenade), before then it was great place as no security, no VIP, no PR, no minimum spend....and best of all they had sunbeds outside on the 'fake' sandy beach in front where you could sit and watch the sun go down in peace.cafe-mambo-ibiza-vintage.jpg

Last edited:
Back