LeT THE GoOd TiMeS RoLL [11th Aug - 18th Aug]

For me Ibiza is all about the clubbing. I'll probably get shot for saying this but I don't really get why people go there otherwise.

It's interesting - for me, if Ibiza did not have all else it has to offer I wouldn't bother going there just for the clubs and I enjoy the bars just as much (well the ones I go to anyway). But I have been to Berlin several times for for pure clubbing adventures. To be honest this is probably more of a reflection of the sort of person you are and what you want out of your travels than what Ibiza has or does not have to offer. Perhaps also that it can take a lot of time to really get to the heart of the non-clubbing attributes, and is easier to do this when you are shown it by someone who knows.

The real enduring value of the place only begins to unfold when you invest the time and effort seek it out (just as well, really or would likely not still be there) ... and without being funny, it can be easier to do that if clubbing is put to one side for a trip or two so you can focus more clearly on getting to understand it.

I mean we didn't even touch the sides of even seeing half of this, but the places we did visit were just so busy, it made it really hard to enjoy them.

if you're not that bothered about hitting the clubs and want to see beauty there are other places to go that would be much cheaper. I spent a year travelling round the world so I suppose in terms of seeing other places you do compare.

It's about where you went more than anything ? I've been out in 3 different weeks in August this year and there have been plenty of extremely quiet, peaceful and beautiful places on the island - definitely not overcrowded at all. It's not really about choosing cheaper places to see beauty surely - that implies it's not worth paying for (but commercial superclubs are !! ... many will see things the opposite way I am sure :!:) .. Formentera is not full of super-rich electing to discreetly go there in preference to other places without good reason.

Think the point is that some people want a single-focus holiday (which is fine) and others appreciate the uniqueness of having so much variety on offer in such a small place which outside the tourist resorts is so relaxed, tolerant and uplifting. You can literally feel like you have lived several days for every one you are there if 'sensitized' enough to see it.

I certainly would not advise people to dismiss Ibiza on account of reported cost either .. there are plenty of very cheap places to eat and drink all over the island outside of the tourist traps (and even inside some of them). I've been all over the Med and would count the island as perhaps the most beautiful of the Mediterranean islands above the water line and below it. Many European (as opposed to British) visitors go out there time and again specifically for these attributes without ever seeing a nightclub or expensive bar. I guess this is a side of the place you can't understand if you don't go where they do or spend time seeing it from their perspective.

I've no doubt at all that if all the superclubs shut their doors Ibiza would still be the destination of choice in the Med for a great many .. and with very good reason ;)

Great review bettty, been very interesting to have your take on the ibiza experience as a first timer to ibiza wih my own first time visit looming so close now.

funnily enough, i've always said, and i do get some looks (of annoyance) from people, that im only going to ibiza for the clubs/music, the other stuff has no real interest to me, be it beaches, sunsets etc and i think im a bit too late/cynical/realistic for a spiritual awakening:lol::lol: if space, dc10, amnesia etc weren't on ibiza, i wouldn;'t be going there and would'nt be spending as much as im going too, its that simple for me...its not really a holiday as such...its a clubbing week 8)

i am just one of those sickening techno tourists!:lol:

as for your clubbing days....keep on keepin' on 8) & i'd suggest you check out berlin for the clubs if you haven't been there.(most of my friends reckon its much more my place than ibiza is going to be...

I cannot wait to read your review TM, lol

It's interesting - for me, if Ibiza did not have all else it has to offer I wouldn't bother going there just for the clubs and I enjoy the bars just as much (well the ones I go to anyway). But I have been to Berlin several times for for pure clubbing adventures. To be honest this is probably more of a reflection of the sort of person you are and what you want out of your travels than what Ibiza has or does not have to offer. Perhaps also that it can take a lot of time to really get to the heart of the non-clubbing attributes, and is easier to do this when you are shown it by someone who knows.

The real enduring value of the place only begins to unfold when you invest the time and effort seek it out (just as well, really or would likely not still be there) ... and without being funny, it can be easier to do that if clubbing is put to one side for a trip or two so you can focus more clearly on getting to understand it.

It's about where you went more than anything ? I've been out in 3 different weeks in August this year and there have been plenty of extremely quiet, peaceful and beautiful places on the island - definitely not overcrowded at all. It's not really about choosing cheaper places to see beauty surely - that implies it's not worth paying for (but commercial superclubs are !! ... many will see things the opposite way I am sure :!:) .. Formentera is not full of super-rich electing to discreetly go there in preference to other places without good reason.

Think the point is that some people want a single-focus holiday (which is fine) and others appreciate the uniqueness of having so much variety on offer in such a small place which outside the tourist resorts is so relaxed, tolerant and uplifting. You can literally feel like you have lived several days for every one you are there if 'sensitized' enough to see it.

I certainly would not advise people to dismiss Ibiza on account of reported cost either .. there are plenty of very cheap places to eat and drink all over the island outside of the tourist traps (and even inside some of them). I've been all over the Med and would count the island as perhaps the most beautiful of the Mediterranean islands above the water line and below it. Many European (as opposed to British) visitors go out there time and again specifically for these attributes without ever seeing a nightclub or expensive bar. I guess this is a side of the place you can't understand if you don't go where they do or spend time seeing it from their perspective.

I've no doubt at all that if all the superclubs shut their doors Ibiza would still be the destination of choice in the Med for a great many .. and with very good reason ;)

I was waiting for you to put me right :oops: My argument is never going to stand up to much, having only visited the island once from a 'clubbing perspective'. We went out there to ultimately party (and see at least a little bit of the island). We were never going to have the time (or energy) to truely see what else was on offer, we just had a tiny glimpse in our one day car rental, hehe, which unfortunately without even realising, led us to some pretty rampacked places, as pretty as they were. Its unfair of me to comment having not truely 'unpicked' the island, so to speak, but my comments were purely from a first visit viewpoint.

You obviously go back time and time again, you know people out there its a second home to get away from it all etc, iif the clubs and partying were not on offer do you think you would keep going back time and time again?

8) those 2 events are on my list

roll on the 8th indeed8)
we could be on the same flights out if your flying from glasgow, we're on the early thomson's flight.

3ish in the afternoon...im sure its thomas cook ....... skylounge from 1130 for saturday sesh :D....be a messy week 8)

3ish in the afternoon...im sure its thomas cook ....... skylounge from 1130 for saturday sesh :D....be a messy week 8)
:lol:

5am at the airport for us i think!!...this needing to be there 2 hrs before the flight is murder!!:(

You obviously go back time and time again, you know people out there its a second home to get away from it all etc, iif the clubs and partying were not on offer do you think you would keep going back time and time again?

Undoubtedly, yes. The clubs and partying are a huge bonus :p

This is a brilliant review!! Loved reading every word!

I went for the first time 3 weeks ago and stayed with workers (MUCH cheaper) and am heading out again on the 12th to do it all over again!

I would write a decent review... but I dont know any DJs haha! Was too lost in everything lol!!!

This is a brilliant review!! Loved reading every word!

Thanks sweetie :)

I went for the first time 3 weeks ago and stayed with workers (MUCH cheaper) and am heading out again on the 12th to do it all over again!

Jealous - I wish I was going back, im now on that crazy rollercoaster of work...have fun - you should write a review, it doesnt matter about the djs, just the experience :D

Hi BOOP.
Guess ibiza 12 is out of your mind ...
Let me give you some reminescence ..

As i told you...i will give my defected closing @ Pacha..review in your post (won't make a post of my trip coz so long & i can't remember all days & back to work the day after my plane land)
in comparision to your trip , cala comte (got sunburst coz was my first sunbath & did not put protection cream :confused:) is a very beatufil beach , got pictures when the sun goes down 8)..8pm , private gig in there...

Got a ticket with a italian RP Rick @ Mambo through recommendatio nfrom a french worker girl @ sunsea bea bar (next from mambo) for 47€ with 2 necklace defected in the house given (he did want to give any stuff even i told me that a friend that know him told me that hegave gift when buying tickets: he 1srt pretend 47€ was the gift deal :rolleyes:).So i got my ticket (free pass before 2 am:?: is the ticket bought @ pacha shop have limite time?) & i've promise a rp in mambo cathy (very sweet/nice girl):jason bye 's girlfriend that i will be back for pre party @ mambo & will attend to we love in order to see Jason bye's set...
The pre party at Mambo was brilliant ( i shoud have done more pre parties :cry:)
Left mambo at 00h00 in order to go to PDB to get free wristbands to cafe con leche at space for the 3 girls friend of the french worker...
Drop the girls & go to pacha with french worker (she was in guest list because she called a friend...she went eveywhere for free even usuaia), stay in the parking on the left of Pacha (been kicked from the parking in front of Pacha ), drinking some vodka redbull listnening to my homemade house music complilation from 2000...(all people that get in my car enjoy the sound..obvious, wot played in clubs suckX in comparision :oops:),the girl enjoy my sound , get closed to me , i could feel her tits coz she wore a very sexy dress but she was not my kind :spank:...it's not that i enjoy the company of a girl that mean i want to f..k her...:lol:
got to Pacha arond 00h30..cool: lot of place to dance
1st mission , going to the Wc (in any clubs, because drank a lot before get in a club).
Then a visit to discover all the rooms...Nice terrace...
The sound was a little bit mellow so i 've decided to have a drink (vodka rebull @ 17€ & 15€ gin for my friend)
The set was good when the drummer shovel begin to play..i m always in front of the dj in any club...the drums were closed..so it was my spot...
Bob sinclar 's set was not good as the one in pre party , he play hard house tunes :eek:, some of his tunes such as Rock this party, piano & more commercial one that i don't remind...+ reboot :twisted: I hate this anthem...
i did not enjoy kid creme 'set..not very housy..i remember a track that i love very much Africanism (martin solveig,bob sinclar, dj gregory)-edony the funky tune with darbouka drum from 2001 , when rmx of sweet dreams's eurythmics played , i went to terrace (would like to get closer to a moscow girls but she was already hit by 2 brits, from terrace,i've seen 2 very sexy girlz in tight pink dress in front of pacha attracting boys..hookers?) becoz this rmx suckx ..when get back it was full of people..i've lost my spot...& stay in 1rst etage where there is any place to dance...this was my second spot just behind the guy that take care of the lights...a kind of brazilian girl ask for pills i gave her skittles candy & chewing gum :lol:..the girl got into any boy she met in the palce..sip drink..ect...
i left à 8am...

Pacha is nice club, the set was not very good but i enjoy the night..i will go again if house party sheduled on there such as defected (i wish there was david morales instead of Bob..)
a French friend insist on the fact that i have to go to subliminal closing :no way :lol: even it's free...

Will be back for opening & closing 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BOOP.
Guess ibiza 12 is out of your mind ...
Let me give you some reminescence ..

As i told you...i will give my defected closing @ Pacha..review in your post (won't make a post of my trip coz so long & i can't remember all days & back to work the day after my plane land)
in comparision to your trip , cala comte (got sunburst coz was my first sunbath & did not put protection cream :confused:) is a very beatufil beach , got pictures when the sun goes down 8)..8pm , private gig in there...

Got a ticket with a italian RP Rick @ Mambo through recommendatio nfrom a french worker girl @ sunsea bea bar (next from mambo) for 47€ with 2 necklace defected in the house given (he did want to give any stuff even i told me that a friend that know him told me that hegave gift when buying tickets: he 1srt pretend 47€ was the gift deal :rolleyes:).So i got my ticket (free pass before 2 am:?: is the ticket bought @ pacha shop have limite time?) & i've promise a rp in mambo cathy (very sweet/nice girl):jason bye 's girlfriend that i will be back for pre party @ mambo & will attend to we love in order to see Jason bye's set...
The pre party at Mambo was brilliant ( i shoud have done more pre parties :cry:)
Left mambo at 00h00 in order to go to PDB to get free wristbands to cafe con leche at space for the 3 girls friend of the french worker...
Drop the girls & go to pacha with french worker (she was in guest list because she called a friend...she went eveywhere for free even usuaia), stay in the parking on the left of Pacha (been kicked from the parking in front of Pacha ), drinking some vodka redbull listnening to my homemade house music complilation from 2000...(all people that get in my car enjoy the sound..obvious, wot played in clubs suckX in comparision :oops:),the girl enjoy my sound , get closed to me , i could feel her tits coz she wore a very sexy dress but she was not my kind :spank:...it's not that i enjoy the company of a girl that mean i want to f..k her...:lol:
got to Pacha arond 00h30..cool: lot of place to dance
1st mission , going to the Wc (in any clubs, because drank a lot before get in a club).
Then a visit to discover all the rooms...Nice terrace...
The sound was a little bit mellow so i 've decided to have a drink (vodka rebull @ 17€ & 15€ gin for my friend)
The set was good when the drummer shovel begin to play..i m always in front of the dj in any club...the drums were closed..so it was my spot...
Bob sinclar 's set was not good as the one in pre party , he play hard house tunes :eek:, some of his tunes such as Rock this party, piano & more commercial one that i don't remind...+ reboot :twisted: I hate this anthem...
i did not enjoy kid creme 'set..not very housy..i remember a track that i love very much Africanism (martin solveig,bob sinclar, dj gregory)-edony the funky tune with darbouka drum from 2001 , when rmx of sweet dreams's eurythmics played , i went to terrace (would like to get closer to a moscow girls but she was already hit by 2 brits, from terrace,i've seen 2 very sexy girlz in tight pink dress in front of pacha attracting boys..hookers?) becoz this rmx suckx ..when get back it was full of people..i've lost my spot...& stay in 1rst etage where there is any place to dance...this was my second spot just behind the guy that take care of the lights...a kind of brazilian girl ask for pills i gave her skittles candy & chewing gum :lol:..the girl got into any boy she met in the palce..sip drink..ect...
i left à 8am...

Pacha is nice club, the set was not very good but i enjoy the night..i will go again if house party sheduled on there such as defected (i wish there was david morales instead of Bob..)
a French friend insist on the fact that i have to go to subliminal closing :no way :lol: even it's free...

Will be back for opening & closing 2013

Hey fallen,

Thanks for coming back to me, yes Ibiza does seem like an eternity away now...im just trying to persuade my bf to go next year, I will work my magic charm!

Sounds like you had a good time, shame about the sunburn on the first day, I bet you were glowing :oops: hehe. Its a shame the music is letting Pacha down sometimes...

Are you heading out there next year then? x

Hi Betty,

Yes it was the 2 second time in my life i got sunburst :confused: (1rst on shoulder, there: Hands & belly :oops: ,look like a brit on holydays :lol: (no offense guyz ;))3days after recovering..brown/black tan 8))
Will try to be back each year (clubbing trip but only a few parties or peaceful trip...)..planning to take my 33days off in ibz (2weeks for opening & other days remaining for closing : so holydays on a budget coz don't want to spread one month 's income into 2 holydays weeks (5weeks will be fine) )
Planning to go with french couple met there renting a villa but ...planning to go on my own too (met a lot of people that went to ibiz on their own: boyz n girlZ)
See you all people next year ;) (it's weird that i don't meet any spotlight members coz with my drumz, i don't look "incognito" )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back