LeT THE GoOd TiMeS RoLL [11th Aug - 18th Aug]

Keep it coming Bettty. Loving it so far. Wish I could have my first time all over again but going with a few first timers so looking forward to seeing Ibiza through their eyes :)

Sasha @ Pacha 2004ish is my best ever night in 10 visits to the island. I'm hoping my sneaky bit on the steps that I normally go to still works as the layout has apparently changed. We are going to this night in a couple of weeks (got tickets a while back) but may also do 2manydjs depending on funds and energy. Not been to Ushuaia yet and need to check it out :)

Thanks Helen :D You've got to do Ushuaia Helen - I loved it, it was the whole outdoor thing for me that really sets it apart

By this point there were two girls who looked pissed and were stripping off in the sea, two guys who thought they had obviously pulled were stood watching, until the girls persuaded them to go in the sea, it was like a carry on film, and was really blagging my head. One of the guys who had been in sea spotted us and came over, he was Dutch. He spotted the joint, you ladies are doing something very Dutch he said, oh really, no sh1t Sherlock, this just cracked me up and we all could not stop laughing, it was so funny, he soon went

I like very much the way you answer to the guy :lol:

You did not give much details about the stripped girlz , stuff that boyz here , are willing to know :spank:...:oops:

Nice review ; yes, Space will be ze Club to be 8)

There is no pics frow u or your mates (we just see an arm at es jardi )...:?:

... so Pacha…
The night was Subliminal (Erick Morillo & Chuckie).
Chuckie was on first and he was awful, pure cheese, it was awful, I just couldn't get into it,
I was trying as will always make the best of things, but no.
I figured it would be ok once Morillo came on – I've always been a massive fan of Morillo,
I've seen him all over, but im afraid he has gone down, subliminal has gone right down,
they're going too commercial now (isn't this what they all end up doing eventually).
Every song sounded the same, with the same build up and the same mental bit.
It was so predictable! With some awful remixes.

But to make matters worse the club was driving me crazy –
I couldn't believe I was in Pacha and it was doing my head in!
It was just sooo rammed, you couldn't even get anywhere near the dance floor,
so we ended up dancing near the entrance (I may as well have just been in bar –
I hate not been able to see the DJ or not being on the dance floor in the vibe of it).
I made a few attempts to squeeze through people, but the heat and squashy-ness of it all
was too much, my friends kept laughing as each time I would come back after about 5 seconds
after failing to get through! Lol.

Another massive bug bear of the night was the VIP areas!
Oh my god!
I don't get it?! (well I do – greed) but at least half of the club is devoted to VIP,
now I had read about this before I went so I was kinda expecting it,
but not this much.
The majority of the club is rammed in, us mere mortals who make the club what it is,
squished, squashed and treated like cr3p.
If that huge, empty VIP area right next to the main dance floor was all dance floor,
how much better would that be?! ...
:idea::idea:

:eek: :eek:

... Anyways we were having a bit a giggle at this guy who kept prancing about the beach
who had an (abnormally) large package, im sure half the beach were staring at it,
it just didn't look right, im sure he has put some stuffing/vegetables down there ;)
It didn't help that he had a moustache, adding to the comedy value –
we named him Barry and said we would make it our mission to get a photo with him
(which of course did not happen, hehe) ...
:lol: :twisted:

... Anyways we were having a bit a giggle at this guy who kept prancing about the beach
who had an (abnormally) large package, im sure half the beach were staring at it,
it just didn't look right, im sure he has put some stuffing/vegetables down there –
we named him Barry and said we would make it our mission to get a photo with him ...

... I have some brilliant pics of us all which I would love to put on here...but, I can't -
my career would be over! :eek::eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

2zhmvlf.jpg

:twisted:

LOL - hmmmm you nearly persuaded me there guys...

its weird because you kinda build a picture of some of the people on here, by their user name and things they say...guaranteed they will not look anything like you think they will?!

Yea, unfortunately your thoughts on Pacha are dead on. Here is an excerpt from my 'uninteresting trip report' [ http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=75570 ] (yea, we went on "commercial central" night, my concession to my buddy that came on the trip with me)

[FONT=&quot]
we headed over to Pacha for Guetta's night. We went "tourist" VIP (as you guys put it) to try to dilute the amount of douches in the place. I must say, I liked Guetta's set. It wasn't as commercial as in the past. Let me just say, VIP is the only way to do Guetta's night. The main dance floor was absolutely RAMMED. I would have slit my own throat with one of the pieces of glass from the floor if I had to try to dance in there. In VIP, we met everyone around us (all very nice people, not a single stuckup idiot), the alcohol was good, we had room to dance, and there were women absolutely everywhere. ..... I will never ever do Guetta's night without VIP any more. Stayed until we closed the place. Most of the wimps in VIP had left by that time.. no endurance I guess.. or they all paired up like mating gerbils and left.
[/FONT]

And this was early in the season too !! I'm sure it was worse as July/Aug hit. Basically, the VIP section is MUCH bigger than the dance floor, which is ridiculous. It's so unbelievably rammed, that it's unpleasant, regardless of your taste for the music. Not to turn anyone off, but Betty's description is dead on. The club will get to you. Expected to be rammed, expect to have no room to dance. That's why I ended up saying if you really feel like you must do Pacha, strongly consider VIP.. not because it's cool or you are cool, but because it's the only way you will not want to kill yourself. And presumably you are there to dance, not defend yourself from getting knocked over while having your arms plastered to your body by all the other sardines that got crammed into the tight can of a "dancefloor" (that's in quotes because they call it a dancefloor, I call it a hellhole)

Yea, unfortunately your thoughts on Pacha are dead on. Here is an excerpt from my 'uninteresting trip report' [ http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=75570 ] (yea, we went on "commercial central" night, my concession to my buddy that came on the trip with me)

And this was early in the season too !! I'm sure it was worse as July/Aug hit. Basically, the VIP section is MUCH bigger than the dance floor, which is ridiculous. It's so unbelievably rammed, that it's unpleasant, regardless of your taste for the music. Not to turn anyone off, but Betty's description is dead on. The club will get to you. Expected to be rammed, expect to have no room to dance. That's why I ended up saying if you really feel like you must do Pacha, strongly consider VIP.. not because it's cool or you are cool, but because it's the only way you will not want to kill yourself. And presumably you are there to dance, not defend yourself from getting knocked over while having your arms plastered to your body by all the other sardines that got crammed into the tight can of a "dancefloor" (that's in quotes because they call it a dancefloor, I call it a hellhole)
I'm also going to Pacha end of september for Pete Tong closing with Maya and after reading all this also considering for VIP. But seems u can't get tickets in advance. Or do you all mean the VIP with 400€ table with it? Seem a little bit too expensive for my budget :oops:

Or can u get other VIP-tickets on Ibiza? :)

I guess 48€ is far pricey to go to pacha...& the price of the drink...
Do you mind telling us how many money the FMIF party cost you?

Don't stand on me to buy vip place...& hope in september there will be less people 8) (hey kiddies, back to school :lol:)..if i don't find ticket for Defected closing party i will deal with it

Is there there some podiums ?(remind that it was the only alternative when packed:the podium on the middle of the scene? reminescence of ibz 2001,2002 2003 :oops:)...

Only just got round to reading this (can't keep up at the moment - must stop travelling as by the time I've caught up with work I'm off again :spank: ) .. 4 lasses having it large on a 1st trip ricocheting around the island in a Cabriolet - it's priceless.

Please share more about your sortie with the guys you met on PDB beach and went off with :twisted:

TM78 - Space is nothing like Berghain so don't expect anything of that nature or atmosphere.. it's far more commercial in every way and as it's non-selective you have large numbers of 'random tourists' on most nights. But it's a club on an island in the sun, and so vast that it rarely gets rammed in both rooms. Somewhere you really have to go and once you've been a few times it can start to feel a bit like "home" even though it's changed a lot over the years.

Until Sankeys came along I'd pretty much stopped going to any other big clubs on the island, which says something. The changes to Privilege and hopefully a possible if slow turnaround in Amnesia are changing all that tho. All round, this year has been a big improvement over the last two on the island. Haven't been to Pacha yet but nothing I've read is tempting me to try that again any time soon.

Only just got round to reading this (can't keep up at the moment - must stop travelling as by the time I've caught up with work I'm off again :spank: ) .. 4 lasses having it large on a 1st trip ricocheting around the island in a Cabriolet - it's priceless.

Please share more about your sortie with the guys you met on PDB beach and went off with :twisted:

TM78 - Space is nothing like Berghain so don't expect anything of that nature or atmosphere.. it's far more commercial in every way and as it's non-selective you have large numbers of 'random tourists' on most nights. But it's a club on an island in the sun, and so vast that it rarely gets rammed in both rooms. Somewhere you really have to go and once you've been a few times it can start to feel a bit like "home" even though it's changed a lot over the years.

Until Sankeys came along I'd pretty much stopped going to any other big clubs on the island, which says something. The changes to Privilege and hopefully a possible if slow turnaround in Amnesia are changing all that tho. All round, this year has been a big improvement over the last two on the island. Haven't been to Pacha yet but nothing I've read is tempting me to try that again any time soon.

Don't worry mate I have a good idea what to expect of space. I was referencing berghain in terms of my pre-excitement of going to the club , not comparing the two clubs or the experience each offers (or what I think it will offer )

Strangely you mention commercial....appleblim, midland are 2 of the djs on the night im going

I'm also going to Pacha end of september for Pete Tong closing with Maya and after reading all this also considering for VIP. But seems u can't get tickets in advance. Or do you all mean the VIP with 400€ table with it? Seem a little bit too expensive for my budget :oops:

Or can u get other VIP-tickets on Ibiza? :)

Nah I meant the 400E table. That's what we spent. Works out to 200E each (2 of us went.. obviously if there's more of you, it gets cheaper, but you have to check the minimum bottles per group size) .. regular tickets (face value) are 70E each. Every drink is 15-20E at the normal bar. So its not that much more expensive than if you go there and buy 4 drinks... and obviously a bottle of vodka has more than 8 drinks in it. It's pretty crazy, but again, I wouldn't go to FMIF at all if I couldn't do that (again, only reason I went is because I had to give my buddy a choice of clubs for one night). They just get insane with the amount of people they pack into that small dance floor, and it can quickly turn into a ****ty experience. Even getting onto the (rear) of the dancefloor is a freakin ordeal... and that was on Tiesto's night where it wasn't as crowded.

Definitely something to consider, but you need to run a cost benefit analysis for yourself.. figure out how much you are spending anyway, and how much of a 'markup' its going to be to get a bit of space to dance. Looks like Pete's tix are ~50E each, x2, and then drinks. Also figure if its going to be as packed as FMIF (maybe some spotlighters can add some insight if you ask) and you will have all the information you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back