LeT THE GoOd TiMeS RoLL [11th Aug - 18th Aug]

Bettty

Well where do I start!? I'm quite new to Spotlight, joining earlier this year once the Ibiza mission had been booked, and I have been totally addicted to it since I went last week. Mainly using it to feed my excitement. I have especially enjoyed the reviews, but to be honest I was in two minds whether to write one (I have a pretty bad memory), plus there are some pretty good ones to follow (Kimajy/OllieNotts/Phil)….but hey I thought I would give it a shot, I owe it to my fellow ‘Ibizithians', especially for any newbies out there, as this year was my first time in Ibiza! So here's a different perspective to add to the mix -

The Details –
When – 11th to 18th August
Where – Ebano Apartments, Playa D'en Bossa
Who – 4 ladies, aged 29-31 with one had been last year so we were not completely clueless.
Costs - £440 flights/accommodation, £800 spends (=985 euros), pre bought space (70 euros) and pacha (40 euros) tickets from spotlight before we went, so this saved dipping into spending money.
The Big Plan – Ok so the absolute must for me was We Love @ Space, I also wanted to go to Pacha, DC-10, Sankeys, watch a sunset/sunrise, hire a car and get completely smashed :D

Would the plans go to plan or would it all go to pot after things got a little messy? All I knew was that I wanted to make this holiday a good one, we were going to Ibiza, finally, we were going to IBIZA!

Saturday 11th August

Wow the build up to this day had been immense, for the last few weeks I could hardly sleep, my obsession with the internet had gotten out of hand, reading reviews, watching youtube videos and shopping! I think my poor boyfriend who had been fine about the whole trip was now regretting not coming with me himself (“nah ive grown out of it all” were his words back in February), but as I ranted on about what we were going to be doing and line ups I could see how much he was gutted he wasn't going himself. Just to rub it in, he was the nominated taxi driver to the airport, so he had to endure a car full of excited women talking non-stop about Ibiza all the way to East Midlands, bless him, I was going to miss him, but come on, its only a week!

The drinks began flowing in the airport, and before we knew it we had got through a couple of bottles of wine. I'm not a massive drinker, but this week I vowed to be hardcore and keep up with everyone. The flight was delayed by an hour, come on…..we just wanted to get there!

Finally we arrived, got a taxi to our apartments (10 euros) and checked in. The place seemed really nice and the room seemed fine, not as big as I was expecting, but maybe because there were four of us it made the one bedroom apartment seem quite small. It had a nice big balcony though and was fine for what we needed it for. After a quick change we decided to head out to explore and get some drinks. I had made a decision that I wasn't going to get too pissed, I wanted to be on top form for We Love, and there was no way first day drinking was going to spoil this. Needless to say we rocked on back to the apartment about 4am, arseholed. We had got chatting to a nice group of lads from Brighton who were feeling ‘weak', this would be us on Monday I thought 8)

SDC16916.jpg

I had made a decision that I wasn't going to get too pissed, I wanted to be on top form for We Love, and there was no way first day drinking was going to spoil this.

Haha, story of my life. I always seem to end up getting wasted the night before a big night out, I never learn. I'm sure I'll end up doing this in a couple of Saturdays time as well :rolleyes:

Great start. Keep it coming :)

Sunday 12th August

I was so excited about today, finally I would be going to space, I've only wanted to go for like 10 years! The plan for the day was to head out to the beach and catch some rays, have some tea then get right on it. We had some brekkie in the apartment restaurants, this was really nice, and a good price too. Then off to the beach in Playa D'en Bossa we headed. We wanted to be near the music but not right in it, so we plonked ourselves in-between Bora Bora and Jet Apartments and forked out the 10 euros for a sunbed. The beach was nice, a bit too crowded for my liking, but I was expecting this anyways considering the location we had chosen. The constant stream of planes is pretty cool, they get really low, loved it. Anyways we were having a bit a giggle at this guy who kept prancing about the beach who had an (abnormally) large package, im sure half the beach were staring at it, it just didn't look right, im sure he has put some stuffing/vegetables down there ;) It didn't help that he had a moustache, adding to the comedy value – we named him Barry and said we would make it our mission to get a photo with him (which of course did not happen, hehe).

After a day of sunbathing and cider drinking we eventually got ready to go out, which seemed to take foooooorever. We still hadn't sorted out our party supplies so I was feeling a bit edgy, just wanted to get it sorted. We had tea at an Italian called Ciao Ciao, right near our hotel, it was lovely, although I felt far too full. We went to a few bars, tantra being the last one and before we knew it, it was 12.30am, still no supplies. Eventually we spotted a guy who was a friend of a friend and he pointed us in the right direction. The whole thing was a bit random but we got sorted with some md, phew. The time was kicking on, it was now 1am and I knew Chemical Brothers were going to be on, gutted there was no way we were making it in to see them :( Before we left the bar two of us crammed into the tiny toilet, we wanted to check out stuff out and sort it out – it looked fine but was the worse deal ever, ahh well, we made some little bombs up, we had a right little conveyer belt going on in the toilet - one each and decided to neck them there and then.

It was heaving outside Space, there seemed to be q's all over the bloody place, nightmare. I think we were queing for about 40 minutes, people were pushing in all over the place, it was really annoying, blatantly doing it in front of people's faces too. Still couldn't feel anything from our little bombs, its ok they usually take longer when you wrap them up. My friend then realised that she had not brought any ID with her which they were checking against the online tickets, panic, but it was fine they still let her through, I think it was too busy they really were not that bothered. Phew.

So what can I say about We Love @ Space!! It was mega! I literally love that place! Very slowly the bombs kicked in and we all began to feel pretty wasted, I could not stop dancing and smiling as we mooched our way around the place. I had no idea who was playing, but all I knew was that I was loving the music – everywhere! My favourite room was the main room I think is this the Discoteca? Or covered terrace? I have no idea, lol, but basically the room on the right as you come in. It was deep pumping bassline house, without sounding too samey. Some of my group at this point had got to the sit down and chat bull**** stage, I was not in a chatting mood at all, I just wanted to dance dance dance :p I couldn't quite get my head round the smoking thing, can you smoke here or not, I think because some people where probs smoking where they shouldn't be? Anyways, I kept forgetting and kept sparking up and getting told to stub it out. Oh dear!

I have to say I was a little bit disappointed with sunset terrace, you could hardly hear the music, it was far too hot – needs some more fans, and maybe some random palm trees or something? Hehe. I got chatting to a guy from Canada who was far too straight headed for my mashed little brain, I think I boxed his head in actually! I didn't bother going up on the terrace again, so maybe this might have improved?

I was starting to come round a bit, after what seemed like hours (those bombs really did last!), until we met up with some other friends, where I wasnt able to say no to quite a big finger dip into her bag. The night carried on, and just went so fast, I didn't want it to end. The chatters of the group had been speaking to a Scottish guy who was completely wasted and he told them that the Chemical Brothers had not even been on – they didn't turn up – so for the next few days of the holiday we thought that they hadn't even been on – this of course is a load of rubbish and I realised when I read the review on Spotlight in our apartment, haha, we'd been telling ppl that CM were not even on too….oh dear.

As we left the club in great spirits we all agreed that this was going to be a hard one to beat. Enroute back to the apartments we agreed we needed some smoke, so we asked the first guy we saw, and it was a done deal, yay. I had to abort the skin sticking, it just wasn't happening, luckily one of the others was more up to the job (mental note – get some pre rollers ready for next time). At this point I was working to a about a 6 second memory rule, so literally after about 6 seconds I kept forgetting what I was talking about or started merging it into another conversation, hehe…time for bed.

Monday 12th August

Urgghh, we all felt rubbish today, in my eagerness just a few hours earlier, I had decided to set my alarm for lunch time (“we are not wasting all day in bed” I think were my words at the time with the plan to get up and sleep on a sunbed round the pool). As I snoozed my alarm I remember the pack we had made about getting our arses to DC-10s today, hmmmm, this seemed like mission impossible. I got the girls up and deliriously we made our way to the pool, it was an effort but once we were in the sun and we had a few drinks we were starting to perk up (now if I had been at home I would have been like death for a least a week) and we were fine (we hadn't really gone that mad, I think it was just more the tireness). But deep down we knew DC-10s was going to be an effort, so we just ended up having a quiet one, had a lovely tea at this grill place not far from the jet apartments and went and chilled out in a bar called Mumba.

Tuesday 13th August

We had decided that we were going to hire a car today. I love to get out of the resorts and do a bit of exploring and I wanted to see what else was about. There were a couple of car rental places up the road from us, so two of us headed up first thing to get one booked at a place called Autos Escana I think. Planning on getting a jeep there were none available, so we splashed out and went for a 308 convertible. It wasn't that nippy, but we felt cool in it hehe. We told the other two that we had to get a little fiat cinquecento, so it was a pleasant surprise when they saw the car :) The car cost 112 euros and they took an imprint of my credit card (just incase). It all seemed relatively easy and within about 10-15 mins we were driving away.

Now it's been a while since I last drove on the other side of the road, and even then this was in a America, so to say I was a little rusty was an understatement, for some reason I keep getting way too near the kerb – I was awful, my friend in the passenger seat kept screaming out, watch the kerb, you're getting too close, so I decided to stop and let someone else take over. And off we went, spent about 30 minutes driving around lost, to be fair we didn't even know where we wanted to go, there was no plan! Anyways, we ended up at Blue Marlin somehow.

SDC16843.jpg

Ringing some kind of bell I suggested we went in to have a drink. It looked quite s****y inside, and the lady at the front was quite rude to us (“you can have a drink but we have no sun beds available”) right I see, its like that is it, well we dont want one of your sunbed thanks you. So we had a look around, there were hundreds of sun beds, we got the feeling we were not welcome (which I have no idea why) so walked straight out. There was nothing going on anyways…I love nice bars but I cant be doing with pretentious places – please someone correct me if I'm wrong – what actually goes on at this place? We had a mooch around, the beach was very pebbly, but beautiful crystal clear water, there was another beach bar place that we decided to have a drink and some food in, terrible service but nice food. After our food we hit the road again, the driving was getting better although we I couldn't sit in the passenger side as I too felt like we were getting far too near to clipping something.

SDC16845.jpg

We decided to make our way to Cala Comte, not really sure what to expect. We parked up and made our way to the beach area, it seemed really busy and once we got sight of the water we could see why – beautiful crystal clear water, it really was a picture. We decided we would settle here for a bit and do some swimming/catch some rays. Now as beautiful as it was, it was just so busy – the beach was quite small so everyone was literally rammed in. We looked for a spot and managed to squeeze ourselves in, not the best but the water looked so nice we had to go for a swim. We stayed here for a couple of hours, there were a couple of restaurants which smelt delicious but were just so busy, we opted for an ice-cream instead before setting off again to find somewhere new.

SDC16846.jpg

SDC16848.jpg

Blue Marlin is actually pretty good. I like the music, the atmosphere at sunset. Not sure what the whole sunbed thing is about, but I'm pretty sure its one of those servers per sunbed thing. See, they assume you want to eat/drink when you get a sunbed (even tho most of us just want to hang out.. especially at that beach where there are mostly rocks). So yea, they have like 100 sunbeds, but if they only have 2 staff working them, then they may only run like 10 of them. Hence the 'no sun beds available' garbage. Pretty stupid, yeah, but I see why they do it (if someone does want to eat/drink and buys a sunbed, they want attention from the servers).

Holy carp cala comte looks packed ! Nothing like that when we were there. Although it was filled with overweight older German tourists and their families. Not really much to look at for a couple guys.

Sunday 12th August

I was so excited about today, finally I would be going to space, I've only wanted to go for like 10 years! The plan for the day was to head out to the beach and catch some rays, have some tea then get right on it. We had some brekkie in the apartment restaurants, this was really nice, and a good price too. Then off to the beach in Playa D'en Bossa we headed. We wanted to be near the music but not right in it, so we plonked ourselves in-between Bora Bora and Jet Apartments and forked out the 10 euros for a sunbed. The beach was nice, a bit too crowded for my liking, but I was expecting this anyways considering the location we had chosen. The constant stream of planes is pretty cool, they get really low, loved it. Anyways we were having a bit a giggle at this guy who kept prancing about the beach who had an (abnormally) large package, im sure half the beach were staring at it, it just didn't look right, im sure he has put some stuffing/vegetables down there ;) It didn't help that he had a moustache, adding to the comedy value – we named him Barry and said we would make it our mission to get a photo with him (which of course did not happen, hehe).

After a day of sunbathing and cider drinking we eventually got ready to go out, which seemed to take foooooorever. We still hadn't sorted out our party supplies so I was feeling a bit edgy, just wanted to get it sorted. We had tea at an Italian called Ciao Ciao, right near our hotel, it was lovely, although I felt far too full. We went to a few bars, tantra being the last one and before we knew it, it was 12.30am, still no supplies. Eventually we spotted a guy who was a friend of a friend and he pointed us in the right direction. The whole thing was a bit random but we got sorted with some md, phew. The time was kicking on, it was now 1am and I knew Chemical Brothers were going to be on, gutted there was no way we were making it in to see them :( Before we left the bar two of us crammed into the tiny toilet, we wanted to check out stuff out and sort it out – it looked fine but was the worse deal ever, ahh well, we made some little bombs up, we had a right little conveyer belt going on in the toilet - one each and decided to neck them there and then.

It was heaving outside Space, there seemed to be q's all over the bloody place, nightmare. I think we were queing for about 40 minutes, people were pushing in all over the place, it was really annoying, blatantly doing it in front of people's faces too. Still couldn't feel anything from our little bombs, its ok they usually take longer when you wrap them up. My friend then realised that she had not brought any ID with her which they were checking against the online tickets, panic, but it was fine they still let her through, I think it was too busy they really were not that bothered. Phew.

So what can I say about We Love @ Space!! It was mega! I literally love that place! Very slowly the bombs kicked in and we all began to feel pretty wasted, I could not stop dancing and smiling as we mooched our way around the place. I had no idea who was playing, but all I knew was that I was loving the music – everywhere! My favourite room was the main room I think is this the Discoteca? Or covered terrace? I have no idea, lol, but basically the room on the right as you come in. It was deep pumping bassline house, without sounding too samey. Some of my group at this point had got to the sit down and chat bull**** stage, I was not in a chatting mood at all, I just wanted to dance dance dance :p I couldn't quite get my head round the smoking thing, can you smoke here or not, I think because some people where probs smoking where they shouldn't be? Anyways, I kept forgetting and kept sparking up and getting told to stub it out. Oh dear!

I have to say I was a little bit disappointed with sunset terrace, you could hardly hear the music, it was far too hot – needs some more fans, and maybe some random palm trees or something? Hehe. I got chatting to a guy from Canada who was far too straight headed for my mashed little brain, I think I boxed his head in actually! I didn't bother going up on the terrace again, so maybe this might have improved?

I was starting to come round a bit, after what seemed like hours (those bombs really did last!), until we met up with some other friends, where I wasnt able to say no to quite a big finger dip into her bag. The night carried on, and just went so fast, I didn't want it to end. The chatters of the group had been speaking to a Scottish guy who was completely wasted and he told them that the Chemical Brothers had not even been on – they didn't turn up – so for the next few days of the holiday we thought that they hadn't even been on – this of course is a load of rubbish and I realised when I read the review on Spotlight in our apartment, haha, we'd been telling ppl that CM were not even on too….oh dear.

As we left the club in great spirits we all agreed that this was going to be a hard one to beat. Enroute back to the apartments we agreed we needed some smoke, so we asked the first guy we saw, and it was a done deal, yay. I had to abort the skin sticking, it just wasn't happening, luckily one of the others was more up to the job (mental note – get some pre rollers ready for next time). At this point I was working to a about a 6 second memory rule, so literally after about 6 seconds I kept forgetting what I was talking about or started merging it into another conversation, hehe…time for bed.

From your review it sounds like the room you really liked was the covered terrace (on the right as you walk in), and what you thought was the sunset terrace was infact the premier etage (upstairs)?

Blue Marlin is actually pretty good. I like the music, the atmosphere at sunset. Not sure what the whole sunbed thing is about, but I'm pretty sure its one of those servers per sunbed thing. See, they assume you want to eat/drink when you get a sunbed (even tho most of us just want to hang out.. especially at that beach where there are mostly rocks). So yea, they have like 100 sunbeds, but if they only have 2 staff working them, then they may only run like 10 of them. Hence the 'no sun beds available' garbage. Pretty stupid, yeah, but I see why they do it (if someone does want to eat/drink and buys a sunbed, they want attention from the servers).

Holy carp cala comte looks packed ! Nothing like that when we were there. Although it was filled with overweight older German tourists and their families. Not really much to look at for a couple guys.

Yeah I see what you are saying, she was still pretty rude though, I would give it another chance if there was something good going on I suppose.

Cala Comte was rammed, shame really, I bet its miles better if not as busy - we did do a walk right round but it was still sardine city :!:

From your review it sounds like the room you really liked was the covered terrace (on the right as you walk in), and what you thought was the sunset terrace was infact the premier etage (upstairs)?

Thanks Leven, god talk about me being clueless. Yep the room on the right as you walk in, thats the one, so this was the covered terrace, so maybe it was Joris Voorn or Martin Buttrich that I was loving. Right got that bit, so is the sunset terrace the big room at the back? or is that the discoteca? But where is sunset terrace? OMG I need to go back to I can get my head round this. Sorry guys, im actually starting to confuse myself now :spank:

Yeah I see what you are saying, she was still pretty rude though, I would give it another chance if there was something good going on I suppose.

There is plenty good going on there: me. LOL
No, but seriously, I did like the music and the chill atmosphere at sunset while sitting on a couch sipping beer. However, the relaxed atmosphere is probably most to the fact that we went early in the season and on a Thus, I think, so it wasn't super busy. Was an awesome relaxing evening. I have to try to real restaurant there, but it didn't open until later.

So where are the rest of the days?

There is plenty good going on there: me. LOL
No, but seriously, I did like the music and the chill atmosphere at sunset while sitting on a couch sipping beer. However, the relaxed atmosphere is probably most to the fact that we went early in the season and on a Thus, I think, so it wasn't super busy. Was an awesome relaxing evening. I have to try to real restaurant there, but it didn't open until later.

So where are the rest of the days?

LOL, ok well if you're there then i'm in!

More days to follow soon, its really time consuming writing these things and ive been busy (well busy recovering :)

Sunday 12th August

Some of my group at this point had got to the sit down and chat bull**** stage, I was not in a chatting mood at all, I just wanted to dance dance dance

This is similar to the walk round the club aimlessly stage.

At this point I was working to a about a 6 second memory rule, so literally after about 6 seconds I kept forgetting what I was talking about or started merging it into another conversation, hehe…time for bed.

LOL - In my experience this can go on for hours if not kept in check. Good choice to crash and hit the sack!

The 6 second rule is a spot on description. I spent 3 years of weekends doing this during my degree. Particularly embarrassing when your trying to chat someone up and you keep having to ask their name!!!:oops:

bettty, loving the review so far...totally got your pre-club excitement about Space & appreciate your review/take on it from a first time visitor...i've never been to ibiza, but im 34 going on 16 with the prospect of being there in a couple weeks8)...and its really the lure of finally going to Space (and a couple of the other clubs, but manily Space) after so many years talking about it / hearing reviews from people, that has the anticipation levels high.:lol::lol:

last time i had such high hopes for a club, it was when i was in berlin...tried to get into berghain...got knockbacked...went the following night, got in, and it was the best club / best club night i've ever had...if Space can get close to that i will be happy.

bettty, loving the review so far...totally got your pre-club excitement about Space & appreciate your review/take on it from a first time visitor...i've never been to ibiza, but im 34 going on 16 with the prospect of being there in a couple weeks8)...and its really the lure of finally going to Space (and a couple of the other clubs, but manily Space) after so many years talking about it / hearing reviews from people, that has the anticipation levels high.:lol::lol:

last time i had such high hopes for a club, it was when i was in berlin...tried to get into berghain...got knockbacked...went the following night, got in, and it was the best club / best club night i've ever had...if Space can get close to that i will be happy.

Everyone's got their own opinion but I reckon Space is the best club in Ibiza, the sheer size and usual diversity of what goes on most of the nights.

I'm heading out on Friday for the first time in five years, and for the first time I don't think I'll be going to We Love, but I'll be sure to check out either Carl Cox or Enter which again have plenty of variety.

At this point I was working to a about a 6 second memory rule, so literally after about 6 seconds I kept forgetting what I was talking about or started merging it into another conversation, hehe…time for bed.

LMFAO this reminds me of my GF when she is wrecked! It never fails... she will start saying something and then completely forget what she was trying to say... its hysterical especially after some smoke :lol::lol:

You will love it TM, I was worried that I had built it to be something more than it was and just didnt disappoint - I will look forward to hearing your review after. :D

LMFAO this reminds me of my GF when she is wrecked! It never fails... she will start saying something and then completely forget what she was trying to say... its hysterical especially after some smoke :lol::lol:

Hehe, its funny isnt it...would love to be straight headed and listening to our conversation. Ive also done the pretending to smoke a fag too, thought it was there...honestly lol :spank:

Tues (Cont…)

We ended up getting lost again and before we knew it we were heading back in the direction that we had already been in. We saw a turn off for another beach so decided to head down here, parked up and made our way down to the beach – Sa Caleta, it was lovely, not quite as clear as Cala Comte, but still lovely, there was a restaurant which again smelt gorgeous, and we parked ourselves on the beach – I felt so relaxed, it was great! Just near the restaurant was a bar which was kinda hidden in the trees, it was about 6pm so we headed down for a drink, I loved it, almost felt a bit hippy-ish, little tables hidden in between the trees. I think this was called Es Jardis (see pics below), apparently there is live music here on a Thursday night – has anyone been before? It looked cool.

SDC16857.jpg

SDC16854.jpg

SDC16856.jpg

So what we should have done was stayed there and had some food in the restaurant, but stupidly we decided to head out again, and before we knew it we were in San Antonio, parked up and walking towards to a square bit. We figured we would get some food then quickly head to watch the sunset – this was a total school boy error! Ended up having a pretty rubbish meal and then by the time we had eaten it was too late to watch the sunset. We had a look round the market stalls and then headed back the car to head back to Playa D'en Bossa. We probably did not utilise the car as much as we could have done, but we still had a great day

That night we had decided we wanted to go to Diynamic Nean @ Sankeys, some of the girls were not really feeling too great, dodgy stomach etc but we ploughed on and found a bar not far from Sankeys to have a few bevies in. We got chatting to PR girl from the UK, we told her we were going to Ibiza town the next night and she wrote down on a piece of paper a couple of bars to go to and a nice restaurant she would recommend – D'ait Villa. We asked her if she could sort out any party supplies for the night (of course she could) and directed my friend to a guy in the back room of the bar. Not wanting to go crazy and saving ourselves for Pacha we got some cola – another sh1t deal. The stuff was ok, I've had a lot better but I've also had a lot worse, it would do. As our apartments were about 2 minutes from Sankeys we nipped back, downed a couple of vodkas and made our way to Sankeys.

I really really loved Sankeys – simple, dark, understated and great booming sound system. The night and club reminded me of Shindig when it was at Foundation in Newcastle, an absolute all time favourite of mine. I've never seen Solomun so was looking forward to hearing what he had to offer – and he did not disappoint! This guy was awesome, he has real variety and took a few classic tunes and made them into his own – brilliant! By now the others were sat on the rooftop, the cola had run out and they were zapped of energy, me too, but the music was keeping me going though. I think someone called Stimming were on next. I wasn't as impressed with these guys, where Solomun had brought everyone up to a level, I felt these guys had brought us back down. I met the gang on the rooftop, I knew a bail out was coming – what was wrong with us all, we were meant to be hardcore!

Wednesday 14th August

Another big day today and I was feeling excited going to Pacha and also exploring Ibiza Town, it was going to be a goody. We topped up our tans during the day and promised ourselves we would not take 3 hours to get ready today. We split into two groups to go and get our party supplies – jobs a good un and we were sorted. Straight into a taxi to Ibiza town, we got dropped off near the castle and walked up the slope, through the tunnel….I loved it here, so pretty, little bustling streets, fantastic restaurants, this is how I imagined Ibiza to be. Straight away we spotted the restaurant that our PR lady had recommended, we decided to go for it as the menu looked pretty nice. It was delicious, would highly recommend (D'ait Villa or something like that). We hung around Ibiza town for a few hours, exploring and stopping off for drinks before we finally got a taxi to Pacha. We probably got there too early as it has just opened, but in a way I was quite pleased as I managed to have a good look at the place while it was quite empty, what a fantastic club, lots of different little rooms, a fantastic roof terrace. We got a little table up on the roof and sat and chatted while the place began to fill up.

We got chatting to a group of lads from up north too, they were pretty wrecked and the bull sh1t was free flowing, lol. It turned out they were all lawyers, which made me laugh, I love how the scene is so varied in terms of people and backgrounds! Anyways, im diversing, so Pacha…

The night was Subliminal (Erick Morillo & Chuckie). Chuckie was on first and he was awful, pure cheese, it was awful, I just couldn't get into it, I was trying as will always make the best of things, but no. I figured it would be ok once Morillo came on – I've always been a massive fan of Morillo, I've seen him all over, but im afraid he has gone down, subliminal has gone right down, they're going too commercial now (isn't this what they all end up doing eventually). Every song sounded the same, with the same build up and the same mental bit. It was so predictable! With some awful remixes. But to make matters worse the club was driving me crazy – I couldn't believe I was in Pacha and it was doing my head in! It was just sooo rammed, you couldn't even get anywhere near the dance floor, so we ended up dancing near the entrance (I may as well have just been in bar – I hate not been able to see the DJ or not being on the dance floor in the vibe of it). I made a few attempts to squeeze through people, but the heat and squashy-ness of it all was too much, my friends kept laughing as each time I would come back after about 5 seconds after failing to get through! Lol.

Another massive bug bear of the night was the VIP areas! Oh my god! I don't get it?! (well I do – greed) but at least half of the club is devoted to VIP, now I had read about this before I went so I was kinda expecting it, but not this much. The majority of the club is rammed in, us mere mortals who make the club what it is, squished, squashed and treated like cr3p. If that huge, empty VIP area right next to the main dance floor was all dance floor, how much better would that be?! Sorry rant over…So we stayed until about 5.30/6ish before we decided to bail out – the cocktail of party chemicals I had taken had made me feel a bit sicky – the only cure to this was going to be a smoke for. We had made a pack that we were going to head to the beach when we got back to watch the sunrise. We were prepared (after the dodgy rolls after space) and had already rolled one ready to go ;)

Little did we know but the sun was already coming up, we grabbed our hats (for protection) and the joint, as everything began to get a little delirious. We had lost one soldier who was too weak to come, so the three of us made our way to the beach for a nice big dose of random-ness. First an old guy on a bike stopped right in front of us, he was speaking to us in Spanish, we just smiled and nodded until he got bored, it seemed like he was there for ages. Then a German guy came over and asked if he could have one of our hats, (I don't think so) so off he went casually down the beach, until about a minute later he sneaked up behind us, in our delirious state we had not seen him creep round the back of us, he quickly tried to whip the hat from my friends head who was sat on the end, luckily for her it was sort of tied under her chin (now when she had bought the hat a few days ago we were all laughing at this under the chin bit -bit like a cow boy style), but this morning it saved her! Lol. This German guy looked really gutted, I'm so sorry he said. Because we were all so delirious we could not stop laughing, it was so funny. This freaked the guy out and off he went. By this point there were two girls who looked pissed and were stripping off in the sea, two guys who thought they had obviously pulled were stood watching, until the girls persuaded them to go in the sea, it was like a carry on film, and was really blagging my head. One of the guys who had been in sea spotted us and came over, he was Dutch. He spotted the joint, you ladies are doing something very Dutch he said, oh really, no sh1t Sherlock, this just cracked me up and we all could not stop laughing, it was so funny, he soon went. Just when we couldn't take any more head blagging, a group of 5 guys appeared out of nowhere, they were all wearing very short swimming shorts and a white suit shirt, it was so weird, one of them even had suit shoes on, hehe. There were certainly no formalities and they cut straight to the chase, did we want to go back to their apartment for beer, fun and some marijuana….I was at the head in my hands stage, my head was blagged and I had the giggles, we needed to get out of there asap – so we did!

SDC16881.jpg

Enroute (floating) back to the apartments, just when I thought I was safe, a random guy taps me on the shoulder and says “I like your hat, can I have it?”, I cant remember what I said back to him, but he started mimicking my accent (northerner), apparently he loved it. He walked along with us and when he arrived at his hotel (the nice spa one nr the beach) he whipped out a business card and said – my names Lorenzo Malta, I own a club in Toronto Canada, so if you ever come to Canada you give me a call – it was cheese city and we literally nearly wet ourselves walking back before we climbed into bed feeling pretty smashed.

(sorry I am really ranting with this review)

Back