Latest Football Transfers

I'll start with my own club Celtic, we have signed a quality player in Massimo Donati from Milan http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_230607100727.aspx

Have to say im really pleased we have signed a quality International player instead of your run of the mill Scottish player.

Also big news, Arsenal Captain and all time top goalscorer Thierry Henry is to sign for Barcelona in a proposed £16 million deal, personally i think Arsenal should've looked for way more, Henry on his day is the best striker in the world, i just wish Celtic would've tabled a bid for him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6231950.stm

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Aye Henry would sign for celtic right enough!

Your head is in the clouds!

thenry25061.jpg

:cry: A sad day indeed but life goes on...

We bought him for £10m had 8 years with some fantastic goals and stunning victories. We have had the best years of his footballing life and made a £6m profit.

From a business perspective that is bloody great business. From a purely football one, its not so good.

His body finally showed signs of breaking down last season and he only played 17 premiership games. Wenger got it right with Pires, Viera, Pettit, Overmars, Wright, Merson, etc and he has probably got it right this time too..time will tell.

Henry is 30 in August and realistically only has 2-3 seasons of top top flight football left.

Bottom line is though - how do you ever replace Thierry Henry?

Good luck Terry and thanks for the memories! 8)

:cry: A sad day indeed but life goes on...

We bought him for £10m had 8 years with some fantastic goals and stunning victories. We have had the best years of his footballing life and made a £6m profit.

From a business perspective that is bloody great business. From a purely football one, its not so good.

His body finally showed signs of breaking down last season and he only played 17 premiership games. Wenger got it right with Pires, Viera, Pettit, Overmars, Wright, Merson, etc and he has probably got it right this time too..time will tell.

Henry is 30 in August and realistically only has 2-3 seasons of top top flight football left.

Bottom line is though - how do you ever replace Thierry Henry?

Good luck Terry and thanks for the memories! 8)

Bloody good point, well done. Completely made me do a U - Turn on the matter. Still laughing at Henry going to Celtic though.

Players who are ****e and went to play in Scotland. ( FAO - People that think Celtic are "a well respected team".

David Weir ( Age 35ish )
Ugo Ehiogu ( Age 34ish )
John Hartson ( Fat twat, was leading scorer )
Chris Sutton ( Failed everywhere and moved to Scotland to be a hero )
Paul Telfer ( Signed from Wolves and went straight into first team to get player of the season or something )
Lee Naylor
Danny Mills ( supposedly moving the Rangers, can't make it in the Hull FC team )
Jean Alain Boumsong - (best Scottish league defender to make another idiot Scotman pay £8m for to turn to be made look bad by Titus "Calamity" Bramble
Colin Hendry (moved when he was like 34 coz he couldn't make it in England to be first team)
Dion Dublin (moved at about 34/35)

The list goes on...

Im happy with the Henry signing, im just not sure how Rijkaard is going to fit the 4 forwards into the same team!

by the way, not sure if it was mentioned before but we saw Crouch avin' it at Space last sunday (in the vip section in the new terrace). He even stole my barry's sunglasses :lol:

Didnt he give them back?!!! You should write to News of the World! :lol:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Aye Henry would sign for celtic right enough!

Your head is in the clouds!

well if we weren't in that shi*e SPL i see no reason why he wouldn't, we are a big club with one of, if not the biggest fan base in the World, and despite what some say i believe after a few years we would be challenging for the Premiership if we were playing in that league.

Players who are ****e and went to play in Scotland. ( FAO - People that think Celtic are "a well respected team".

David Weir ( Age 35ish )
Ugo Ehiogu ( Age 34ish )
John Hartson ( Fat twat, was leading scorer )
Chris Sutton ( Failed everywhere and moved to Scotland to be a hero )
Paul Telfer ( Signed from Wolves and went straight into first team to get player of the season or something )
Lee Naylor
Danny Mills ( supposedly moving the Rangers, can't make it in the Hull FC team )
Jean Alain Boumsong - (best Scottish league defender to make another idiot Scotman pay £8m for to turn to be made look bad by Titus "Calamity" Bramble
Colin Hendry (moved when he was like 34 coz he couldn't make it in England to be first team)
Dion Dublin (moved at about 34/35)

The list goes on...

Chris Sutton failed everywhere, shows how much you know about football, he was immense with Blackburn, he won a Premiership medal with them and has been capped for England, he has scored in the Champions League for Celtic too and helped us on way to the UEFA cup Final.

John Hartson was brilliant for West Ham and Coventry and has won many caps for Wales and again has scored in the Champions League and helped us on the way to the UEFA Cup Final in 2002.

And Paul Telfer didn't get player of the season with Celtic, Nakumura did.

Better luck next time you try and come out with nonsensical statements like this:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Sutton failed everywhere, shows how much you know about football, he was immense with Blackburn, he won a Premiership medal with them and has been capped for England, he has scored in the Champions League for Celtic too and helped us on way to the UEFA cup Final.

John Hartson was brilliant for West Ham and Coventry and has won many caps for Wales and again has scored in the Champions League and helped us on the way to the UEFA Cup Final in 2002.

And Paul Telfer didn't get player of the season with Celtic, Nakumura did.

Better luck next time you try and come out with nonsensical statements like this:rolleyes:

Quite a big difference with Chris Sutton though, about 6 years. John Hartson was "brilliant" for WEST HAM and COVENTRY and he was capped for WALES. Listen to yourself. He was far from brilliant as well you mug. P. S. - You only poorly attempted to answer a few of those, care to go into anymore. Except for Lee Naylor, he is class. You can definately compete with the Premiership elite with players like that. We've got Darren Anderton, Celtic were interested before we snapped him up. I reckon we'd have a fair chance against you, would lose most but I reckon we could win about 3/10 from you. Better fans too...

Quite a big difference with Chris Sutton though, about 6 years. John Hartson was "brilliant" for WEST HAM and COVENTRY and he was capped for WALES. Listen to yourself. He was far from brilliant as well you mug. P. S. - You only poorly attempted to answer a few of those, care to go into anymore. Except for Lee Naylor, he is class. You can definately compete with the Premiership elite with players like that. We've got Darren Anderton, Celtic were interested before we snapped him up. I reckon we'd have a fair chance against you, would lose most but I reckon we could win about 3/10 from you. Better fans too...

You sir are the "mug" for coming out with such nonsense in the first place, Sutton and Hartson have both been capped for their country and played and scored several times in the Champions League and UEFA Cup, now forgive me if im wrong, but "crap footballers" do not get to do that.

As for Lee Naylor, i never said he was anything special, he is an average player and that's that, you wont hear me saying otherwise, and that was just a tabloid rumour about Celtic looking for sick note Darren Anderton, why any top club would want someone like him is beyond me, he barely plays.

Better fans, aye right course you do.

Celtic would barely scrape out of relegation from the championship

joke of a league:lol:

RUBBISH, we beat Man United in the Champions League, they subsequently went on to win the double.

We were very unfortunate to lose against AC Milan in extra time in the San Siro and they subsequently went on to win the Champions League.

Definitely sounds like a team who would "barely scrape out of relegation from the championship" doesn't it.

You should think before you come out with such drivel.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by silvia
thenry25061.jpg

Does anyone think Mr Henry looks like one of those creepy maths teachers you had in secondary school, the one who used to always sit the girls at the front? Anyone? :rolleyes:

And on the earlier point of players moving to Scotland to become heroes, do the names Tore Andre Flo, Egil Ostenstadt and (sadly) Thomas Gravesen and Juninho mean anything. The scottish leagues no walk in the park, and if Celtic were to move to premiership, with the money we'd be getting, we'd win it within three years. We've already beaten Man U, Liverpool (at Anfield), Barcelona, Juventus, Porto and Benfica in recent years, and thats without the millions the clubs 'down south' have.

Anyway, rant over, look at Thierry and laugh again!!!:p

Originally Posted by silvia
thenry25061.jpg

Does anyone think Mr Henry looks like one of those creepy maths teachers you had in secondary school, the one who used to always sit the girls at the front? Anyone? :rolleyes:

And on the earlier point of players moving to Scotland to become heroes, do the names Tore Andre Flo, Egil Ostenstadt and (sadly) Thomas Gravesen and Juninho mean anything. The scottish leagues no walk in the park, and if Celtic were to move to premiership, with the money we'd be getting, we'd win it within three years. We've already beaten Man U, Liverpool (at Anfield), Barcelona, Juventus, Porto and Benfica in recent years, and thats without the millions the clubs 'down south' have.

Anyway, rant over, look at Thierry and laugh again!!!:p
And on the earlier point of players moving to Scotland to become heroes, do the names Tore Andre Flo, Egil Ostenstadt and (sadly) Thomas Gravesen and Juninho mean anything. The scottish leagues no walk in the park, and if Celtic were to move to premiership, with the money we'd be getting, we'd win it within three years. We've already beaten Man U, Liverpool (at Anfield), Barcelona, Juventus, Porto and Benfica in recent years, and thats without the millions the clubs 'down south' have

Exactly, well said, if we moved to the Premiership or a European Super League with the extra cash we would undoubtedly attract some of the finest footballers out there and then people would see.

Oh yeah you do have a point about Henry alright :lol:

Why thank you, Its not often someone says Ive made a good point, "shut up shortarse" is usually the reply when I open my mouth!!

These English, ahem, 'persons', get right, ahem, 'up my nose', they honestly think they have the best league in the world!! Have they even heard of la liga? Still though, makes it all the sweeter when we whip whoever they send up against us every other season! Ive heard rumours about a friendly against Spurs Wembley this pre-season, prob is just rumours. Although if it did turn out to be true, we'd probably arrange it to be played on a frday nigt before the first huns game, cant say no to that money eh?!!

Why thank you, Its not often someone says Ive made a good point, "shut up shortarse" is usually the reply when I open my mouth!!

These English, ahem, 'persons', get right, ahem, 'up my nose', they honestly think they have the best league in the world!! Have they even heard of la liga? Still though, makes it all the sweeter when we whip whoever they send up against us every other season! Ive heard rumours about a friendly against Spurs Wembley this pre-season, prob is just rumours. Although if it did turn out to be true, we'd probably arrange it to be played on a frday nigt before the first huns game, cant say no to that money eh?!!

Heard similar myself mate, so far the pre season friendlies confirmed are...

Should be going either QPR or Newcastle myself.

05/07/2007 Friendly FC Basel 19:00 A

07/07/2007 Friendly Young Boys of Berne 18:30 A

13/07/2007 Friendly Peterborough United 19:45 A

15/07/2007 Friendly Queens Park Rangers 14:00 A

20/07/2007 Friendly MLS All-Stars 02:00 A

22/07/2007 Friendly Chicago Fire 20:00 A

26/07/2007 Friendly Newcastle United 19:45 A

29/07/2007 Friendly Parma 14:00 H

http://www.celticfc.net/home/fixturesResults/firstTeam.aspx

Yeah, we'll be in Ibiza for the swiss tour games, you know of any pubs in ibiza where we might have a chance of seeing them?

HARTSON WAS F***ING CAPPED FOR WALES. I COULD BE CAPPED FOR WALES. Sutton I believe only ever got an England 'B' cap. Tore Andre Flo ? Moved at what age ? Egil Ostenstad ? What ? A Soton reject ? You have only ever had one half decent player and that is Larsson and in my opinion he is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be. Not one of your players could make it on any respectable Premiership or high Championship squad. All ex-England rejects who moved post 30. If Celtic is such a good club to be at, how come I cannot remember one player move in his peak from England to Scotland. Your league is a joke all around the world, there is a reason for this.

P. S. - Artmedia Bratislavia.

Back