Lame to fame

I got given a sports award when I was about 12 by Toby Anstis (now of Heart106.2 fame)

I took part in various sponsored walks across England in aid of Leukaemia Research with the great cricket legend that is Ian Botham!

Erm.... Elton John, George Michael and Geri Halliwell are all from Watford, does that count :confused: :rolleyes: :lol:

I used to stay at Malmaision Hotel in Leeds a lot which seemed to always have celebreties and footballers in, amounst others I met Leslie Ash in the Gym and said hello at the bar to Carol Vorderman,Peter Reid, Jim Rosenthal,Jonathan Woodgate, Lee Bowyer,John Motson and most of the West Indies Cricket team!!

My other clain to fame will be on April 11th at 4pm when my bedroom will be featured on one of those house programs!!

God mine are much lamer than yours.. lemme see..

I was on singapore tv as a child for a xmas special - then dad taped over our only copy with a tennis game :lol:

My parents bought Paul Mercurio's (the guy from Strictly Ballroom) house just south of sydney..

I saw 'Tug' from home & away in the Tower Hill Safeways

Had to get out of the way so Elle McPherson's son could ride his tricycle past me in Holland Park, with mum running along behind

Amanda Holden smiled at me at a charity do I was at.

Surely I'm the lamest of the lame! :lol:

Mark Sun said:
God mine are much lamer than yours.. lemme see..

I was on singapore tv as a child for a xmas special - then dad taped over our only copy with a tennis game :lol:

My parents bought Paul Mercurio's (the guy from Strictly Ballroom) house just south of sydney..

I saw 'Tug' from home & away in the Tower Hill Safeways

Had to get out of the way so Elle McPherson's son could ride his tricycle past me in Holland Park, with mum running along behind

Amanda Holden smiled at me at a charity do I was at.

Surely I'm the lamest of the lame! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yes I think you are Mark! Winner!

I made 2 slices of toast, no butter for posh spice when I worked as one of those stoopid dolly promotion girls at my local Galaxy FM when I was 18! ;)

gingerfreak said:
NITEFLY said:
my brother was a belboy in a swedish hotel and served breakfast in bed to kylie,does that count.

No, that's just boasting.

Did he get a tip?

I would of bugged the room with a tiny camera. Bet she flicked her peanut.

gingerfreak said:
puppylover said:
The Pet Shop Boys made one of their videos to go with a track in my house.....

Which one?

No idea - I know about 2 Pet Shop Boy tracks so...... i do know it stared Donna Gascoigne - sister of Paul when he was in heyday so shows how long ago it was....

When we viewed the house (we already knew we wanted it cos we had hassled the poor woman for about 10 months to sell.... :eek: ) she sat us down with about 3 videos and 2 albums of photos of the 3 day event...... lost the will to live after about 20 mins of it.... :lol:

NITEFLY said:
my brother was a belboy in a swedish hotel and served breakfast in bed to kylie,does that count.

On a Kylie note, its not a lame to fame but is pretty cool.

My aunty was at a restaurant in Sydney many years ago and Kylie and Michael Hutchince were at the next table. They got chatting and I got a menu signed for me by Kylie and Michael Hutchince 8)

N8 said:
NITEFLY said:

On a Kylie note, its not a lame to fame but is pretty cool.

My aunty was at a restaurant in Sydney many years ago and Kylie and Michael Hutchince were at the next table. They got chatting and I got a menu signed for me by Kylie and Michael Hutchince 8)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Michael Hutchence - niiiiiiiice....

I saw INXS in concert very late 80's and he wore a pair of cycling shorts (and I know that's not a good look for 99% of the population but..) - I was in the front row....... I've never been the same since....

Back