Lame to fame

MARKB said:
Joe Mangle of "neighbours" fame lived next door to me, when he was in the Local Panto.

One of the "Honeyz" (90's rnb group) cooked me Sunday dinner at her house.

Mmmmmm, the Honeyz! Which one?

front.jpg

gingerfreak said:
MARKB said:
Joe Mangle of "neighbours" fame lived next door to me, when he was in the Local Panto.

One of the "Honeyz" (90's rnb group) cooked me Sunday dinner at her house.

Mmmmmm, the Honeyz! Which one?

front.jpg

None of them - it was the replacement one who did the tour and then left, but she was much fitter than the others. Haha - it was my ex's sister!

I got a kiss off Ulrika Johnson (when she was worth a squirt) in 1990.

956912515.jpg

But the better one is I and a few friends got Stephen Tonkinson (of Ballykissangel and Grafters fame) so stoned at a mates flat party he turned up at that he turned a nice shade of green then white. He still looks like he never recovered from that fateful night.

_631022_doyletom150.jpg

Was next to Kierron Dyer in Chelmsford McDonalds and handed him a BBQ sauce!
A friend of mine went with Jeramy Beadle's daughter and even met him and his gimpy hand.
One of the girls in Nuts this week used to work with me in the icecream stall next to Clacton Pier when i was younger (classy). My, my i could tell you some stories.... :lol:

Was given a swimming medal by Sharon Davies when I was 14 (still remember she had bad breath :confused: )

Stayed in the same hotel as Princess Anne in Ecuador S.America for a good few weeks while my place over there was getting finished. Armed bodyguards everywhere :eek:

went to college with jason orange (take that) this was 2/3 years ago. wasnt so much of a big deal then had it been 7 years earlier would of been much more impressed! :)

Been in the entertainment industry for a looooooooooooong time, worked on the mixing desk at a gig with Jimi Hendrix's chief roadie just a coupla months after Hendrix died. We gigged loadsa times with Brian Johnson (AC/DC) when he was in a band called Geordie. Was in Decka Recording studios control room with Cozy Powell when the band were recording and...............well, go here for the rest;
http://www.thebullfrogstory.co.uk/

Been DJing since 1976 during the course of which, have been on stage with Robbie Williams :eek: ..........and the rest of Take That at a gig just as they were starting to get famous. :rolleyes:

Recently, Sept 2004, I danced with Neneh Cherry in The Music Box at Manumission closing party in Ibiza. Was 9 o'clock in the morning and I was a wee bit p*ssed, don't think she was very impressed. PMSL :rolleyes: :D

Do I get the Lame to Fame prize or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was given a school rugby trophy by Jim Bowen (who used to be a maths teacher at my school), and went to school with Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hailey off Corrie), Dominic Brunt (Paddy the vet off Emmerdale), Amy Nuttall (Chloe off Emmerdale), and Meena Anwar (the Asian policewoman on The Thin Blue Line)!

I snogged Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet) wayyyyyy back in 1982 .. it was quite nice actually ! :D

I met Robbie Williams once at an after party at someones house, then saw him in Miss Moneypennies a few weeks later and he said hello!!

I played in the same footy team as Mark Owen

I had a brief fling with a young aspiring actress/performer (im not naming her) who then went on to be in Hollyoaks for a while. (was thru her that i did my no1 claim to fame) 8)

Back