Kevin & Perry

I love Kevin and Perry it brings back such memories as it was filmed the year I first went to Ibiza (at least I think it was as it was realeased the summer after). Ok a lot of people say it is a rubbish representation of clubbing in Ibiza but I think if you were 2 geeks who were desperate to become superstar deejaays and choose to arse lick the most abhorrent of all DJs (lets pretend eyeball Paul is Guetta or 1 of the swedish mafia) you might find it quite an accurate portrayal! The music was spot on in the film as these were the tunes played all over San An's cheesey bars (ATB, William Orbit etc) And it gives me goosebumps watching them first walk into Amnesia as I remember that moment when I entered the Godskitchen opening party having never really been clubbing before! I was there with my best friend and we wern't very cool so we do have a bond with Kevin and Perry! I can't believe there are other saddos out there who get their pre-hol buzz from watching this I thought I was the only one! And if I'm honest I will watch it several times hehe :D

Another one I like for the Spanish/club scenes is Morvern Callar, although at least half of it is set in Scotland.

Ok I know it's exceptionally sad but who else is geting their Ibiza fix from watching a copy of Kevin & Perry go large or It's all gone Pete Tong ? , the tunes in both films give me goose bumps as i know i will be returning the the White Isle soon, and they are both pretty funny.
Even now I watch it - those tunes n although it was a comedy, It’s helped me through so many hard times.... Ibiza is like a good permanent demon, once it’s in you , you will never lose it... I. Can go across to the island from my place on the mainland and soon, I will get my dream and it will be my permanent home. People can laugh but when a life as bad as mine only gets better when I get there , they would understand. I love that film, the locations.... so it’s not sad at all.... no different to looking at pics or old videos of your family or whatever else brings happiness or nostalgia xx

i watched this, it was brill, the music was great, first time going to ibiza this year so already going to explode with excitment but then watching the film, had me jumping up and down and dancing around :lol:
Hey are you guys still around!? shame so many old posts get forgotten. Bring back Kevin & Perry fanatics!

Actually watched this (well, skipped through an illegal online stream) for the first time in years the other day. As a young teenager getting into dance music, who loved the music, read Mixmag, and wanted to go to Ibiza, as well as having been brought up on the likes of Harry Enfield and The Fast Show, it was brilliant.

Looking back now though, it is THE most APPALLING film ever. I mean, obviously aimed at 12 year old lads like I was when I first watched it, but even looking back at Harry Enfield's sketch-shows from the 90s in general, I don't get how he got so big. The Fast Show is still great, but Harry Enfield is just a succession of "let's make fun of this stereotype!" with lazy cheap gags and poor toilet humour.

Kathy Burke puts in a great performance, and the soundtrack is still cracking, but I have a lot of mates in their mid-20s (I'm early 30s) who missed the whole Harry Enfield thing, so I'd never show it to them. Purely nostalgia only for that one. One such mate was confused as to why I wanted photos of the front of El Bacaro when we visted Santa Eularia a couple of years ago.

I do remember a thread on here about 10 or more years ago, which was about 20 pages of people pointing out the endless errors in geography in the film. From obvious stuff like "there is no restaurant opposite Amensia as depicted in the film) right up to some properly anal stuff - was a right good read! Anyone able to find it? I can't.

Actually watched this (well, skipped through an illegal online stream) for the first time in years the other day. As a young teenager getting into dance music, who loved the music, read Mixmag, and wanted to go to Ibiza, as well as having been brought up on the likes of Harry Enfield and The Fast Show, it was brilliant.

Looking back now though, it is THE most APPALLING film ever. I mean, obviously aimed at 12 year old lads like I was when I first watched it, but even looking back at Harry Enfield's sketch-shows from the 90s in general, I don't get how he got so big. The Fast Show is still great, but Harry Enfield is just a succession of "let's make fun of this stereotype!" with lazy cheap gags and poor toilet humour.

Kathy Burke puts in a great performance, and the soundtrack is still cracking, but I have a lot of mates in their mid-20s (I'm early 30s) who missed the whole Harry Enfield thing, so I'd never show it to them. Purely nostalgia only for that one. One such mate was confused as to why I wanted photos of the front of El Bacaro when we visted Santa Eularia a couple of years ago.

I do remember a thread on here about 10 or more years ago, which was about 20 pages of people pointing out the endless errors in geography in the film. From obvious stuff like "there is no restaurant opposite Amensia as depicted in the film) right up to some properly anal stuff - was a right good read! Anyone able to find it? I can't.

Its not as bad for geography issues as the Inbetweeners movie which claims to be set in Malia but is in fact filmed in Magaluf! Never understood why they didn't just script it to be in Maga all along!

And I got a pic of El Bacaro when in Eulaia last year.

I think it was more that the restaurant is quite clearly in Ibiza Town somewhere near Dalt Villa, yet they're looking over to the club from outside it. Obviously part and parcel of film-making, was just funny, and interesting, to see seasoned Ibiza veterans pointing out the many tiny errors!

Am I right in saying that it was either Kevin & Perry or All Gone Pete Tong where the nightclub interior scenes were largely filmed in a club somewhere in the UK?

Its not as bad for geography issues as the Inbetweeners movie which claims to be set in Malia but is in fact filmed in Magaluf! Never understood why they didn't just script it to be in Maga all along!

And I got a pic of El Bacaro when in Eulaia last year.

And the night club scenes were set in my local night club - Infernos in Clapham, London :lol:

I was in Amnesia when they filmed some scenes for K&P...my first ever trip to Ibiza. It was a Cream night, Seb Fontaine was on the decks, and they had set up a little fake dj booth to the left with Harry Enfield and Kathy Burke jumping around like nutters pretending to dj. I still try to spot myself to this day when it comes on the tv!

Back