Kevin and Perry GO LARGE at Amnesia Ibiza 2022

re flat crowds, nostalgia's a very deceptive thing. You turn up really hyped about hearing old tunes only to then realise they were actually a bit naff when it's really the associated memories you're clinging on to. This is why the best DJs will only ever drop 2/3 classics (max) late on to get a few cheers but you have to keep it fresh, add a few twists and give the crowd something to remember. Lazy retro merchants can do one...
Totally agree 👍

Looks like Kevin and Perry event was going off last night? Any reports on here?
Would be good if there were a few more like this, surely there is a market for the classic nights. Showing my age here!

There was Cream that got binned off Amnesia calendar around 4 or 5 years ago.

When we left at 4am the terrace had around 400 people in. The main room was nicely busy not rammed. Amnesia is a huge space to fill

It will confirm to Amnesia that there isn't a market for it....

I'm 35 and I went because I used to listen to all those trance tracks on my Sony Walkman that didn't fit in my pocket as a young teenager and so for me I just had to go and hear them in all their glory.

There maybe is a market for it but it will have to be in a smaller venue. And that market year on year is dieing that little bit more

When we left at 4am the terrace had around 400 people in. The main room was nicely busy not rammed. Amnesia is a huge space to fill

I'm 35 and I went because I used to listen to all those trance tracks on my Sony Walkman that didn't fit in my pocket as a young teenager and so for me I just had to go and hear them in all their glory.

There maybe is a market for it but it will have to be in a smaller venue. And that market year on year is dieing that little bit more
I'm the same age as you and although I know you're right...it have me that pang of sadness to read it haha

Just bought a ticket from Spotlight for this in September but not received a confirmation email. Will I get one or do I just screen shot the qr code?

Last edited:
hi ryan, please send a mail to tickets@ our domain.com - we'll check and resend tomorrow morning at the latest

For those who are going to the September Kevin & Perry event there’s also this a couple of days later! Nostalgia-tastic! Ps spotlight are also selling early bird tickets I noticed last night 😁

Cream was never about the terrace at Amnesia. They occasionally had big names like Slim and Prydz in there, but it was always about the main room. It was like that from the mid 90s.

Why do you think Trance struggles in Ibiza or is it simply just down to not being popular enough to do weekly events? It’s not as mainstream anymore but there are loads of big events around the world that do really week. Luminosity, Dreamstate, ASOT & Transmission to name a few.

Why do you think Trance struggles in Ibiza or is it simply just down to not being popular enough to do weekly events? It’s not as mainstream anymore but there are loads of big events around the world that do really week. Luminosity, Dreamstate, ASOT & Transmission to name a few.
Perhaps part of it is due to other big names drawing bigger crowds on the "return year"? I'm assuming every major club is trying to max out on every night they can.

Without Cream @ Amnesia, that's like taking the moon out of an otherwise beautiful, clear night.

I have said this before and maybe it doesn't get received well but I feel Amnesia pre covid was clearly showing signs that it wasn't keeping up with the other clubs in terms of what it can offer and losing business as a result. Amnesia has almost become for me at least a little bit meh. I can't say it does anything spectacular and sadly every time I go to Amnesia I feel almost sorry for it because I think back 5 years and remember when the place was full of so much enthusiasm and energy and one of the clubs to go to.

One of Amnesia's downfall right now is it is a huge place to fill. The Terrace has really high ceilings too which exacerbates the feeling of it being too quiet when the numbers are not quite there. I know myself and others complain about clubs being way too busy (DC10) but on the flip-side you can have a club that is too empty - which is worse hmm I am not sure.

Another observation is Amnesia wants to be open 7 nights a week and it shows and I wonder if this does it harm both for its image and also to its pocket.

I have said this before and maybe it doesn't get received well but I feel Amnesia pre covid was clearly showing signs that it wasn't keeping up with the other clubs in terms of what it can offer and losing business as a result. Amnesia has almost become for me at least a little bit meh. I can't say it does anything spectacular and sadly every time I go to Amnesia I feel almost sorry for it because I think back 5 years and remember when the place was full of so much enthusiasm and energy and one of the clubs to go to.

One of Amnesia's downfall right now is it is a huge place to fill. The Terrace has really high ceilings too which exacerbates the feeling of it being too quiet when the numbers are not quite there. I know myself and others complain about clubs being way too busy (DC10) but on the flip-side you can have a club that is too empty - which is worse hmm I am not sure.

Another observation is Amnesia wants to be open 7 nights a week and it shows and I wonder if this does it harm both for its image and also to its pocket.
I agree! The Friday opening last year was SO meh! Really empty no atmosphere

I'm from the US, so am not familiar with Kevin & Perry. Perhaps the US equivalent is something like Beavis & Butt-Head?

I watched Kevin & Perry Go Large out of curiosity. It's a bit before my time, but I can see the appeal. It's amazing to see the locations at what seemed like a wonderful time. What a great soundtrack!

As others have mentioned, nostalgia is...a tricky experience. I have no doubt hearing that soundtrack at Amnesia would be a highlight. It must cater to a very specific audience though. It's nice to hear people were enjoying it!

Fair bit of Trance at Tox this summer. Markus Schulz, MaRLo and Guiseppe Ottaviani all coming up this month

Yeah, but that's at Tox, a really small club compared to most others on the island. Better question is why trance struggles in large clubs. The genre just isn't that big anymore. It hasn't been since that trouse stuff started happening. In my own city, Toronto, we don't really have many trance events as well.

The genre just isn't that big anymore.
This is just the plain truth. Although the die-hards don't want to admit it

Verbally, on this forum as well as comments on our social media, there is apparently still a big demand for Trance. But the simple fact is that isn't being translated into ticket sales - and that's why there's so few options and the options that do exist are going into smaller clubs. Simple supply and demand

Back