Kevin and Perry GO LARGE at Amnesia Ibiza 2022

I'll be at Circoloco on Monday, but I am very interested in knowing who attends this and what it is like as I find the concept brilliantly hilarious.

I'm really tempted by this, have pacha on Sunday though so will just see how I am the next! Hopefully they'll have some set times up soon as I'm flying back the next day and wouldn't want to have to wait up until 5am for JJ to come on

This will be worth the 2+ year wait. I always dreamed of being in the crowd during the movie when in real life it was Judge Jules laying it down. This will be the next best thing. And it's happening twice! Wouldn't dare miss either one.

Got goosebumps imagining being in an Ibiza club with the classics getting played! Some will say it’s cheesy but for those of us not lucky to be old enough to clubbing when these tunes were getting played often it’ll be the next best thing!

Makes it even more frustrating im not going this year:cry:

i can t wait for sept date, still got the dvd (get it by chance as dvd/cd reseller along that aera, the way i heard about ibz/house,from cafe del mar/ defected Hed Kandi house cds n other hundred of compilations i sell,even not really into Dancemusic at that time ), i learn my first rave move upon this dvd 🤣 b4 my 1rst trip in ibz

How was it? Heading over in September so any reviews are welcome. Hopefully they had the ice cannon and lasers a plenty :)

How was it? Heading over in September so any reviews are welcome. Hopefully they had the ice cannon and lasers a plenty :)
Didn't stay too long as I have a flight back this morning but Seb was amazing playing all the old tracks, only saw the start of judge but he wasn't as good playing stuff like bicep and a beatles remix which was okay but expected more older tracks, maybe he moved onto them later after I'd left!

So arrived around midnight to Amnesia. Club was pretty well under half capacity at this time and so me and the GF done a little reccy, find set times and thought well it was a no brainer we do main room all night.

Really surprised but after bouncing between the two rooms to compare we soon discovered we much preferred Stephen Kirkwood in the Terrace. For such an early performance he was really dropping a lot of top classics. Motorcycle - when the rush comes was where it hit just at the right time for me. What was nice about the terrace too was it was fairly light in there and so it was so great to see Amnesia full of older clubbers. I'd go as far as to say I reckon the average age there last night had to be 40. It almost seemed strange see anyone that looked younger than me. You absolutely could tell these people were feeling all sorts of nostalgia.

Ben Nicky came on and added some more of a EDM/hard-core twist which I wasn't keen on so went to the main and ultimately thus is where Judge Jules completed the night. The room was perfectly busy enough to allow yourself to get immersed into the music without getting disturbed.

However a couple of observations is that the crowd was really somewhat flat most of the evening. A lack of energy that was sort of hard to ignore. I'd also say as much as it's great to hear so many of the classic trance tracks. Today's music hits differently and so I didn't find myself dancing a hell of a lot. That coupled with the lack of energy in the room ment we left at 4am.

We got chatting to a married couple on the way out and shared a taxi home

Not long up and now we're on our way to Ses Salinas for the day 😁

re flat crowds, nostalgia's a very deceptive thing. You turn up really hyped about hearing old tunes only to then realise they were actually a bit naff when it's really the associated memories you're clinging on to. This is why the best DJs will only ever drop 2/3 classics (max) late on to get a few cheers but you have to keep it fresh, add a few twists and give the crowd something to remember. Lazy retro merchants can do one...

re flat crowds, nostalgia's a very deceptive thing. You turn up really hyped about hearing old tunes only to then realise they were actually a bit naff when it's really the associated memories you're clinging on to. This is why the best DJs will only ever drop 2/3 classics (max) late on to get a few cheers but you have to keep it fresh, add a few twists and give the crowd something to remember. Lazy retro merchants can do one...
In most cases I would agree...but I also think the vast majority who attended this event would have been upset if it wasn't 90% classics.

Quite a specific anniversary event...it's a one-off (ok, I know there is another one in September), not weekly...

Back