Just tell us how it was - Summer 2007

Dates you were there: 14 - 26 September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Private apartment in PDB (perfect location on the beach and only 2 mins walk from Space and Passion)

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays x2, Danny T Ace of Clubs x2, Matinee, Cream

Best Night: Couldn't choose between sunset terrace at first WLS, inside at second WLS which was also Tom's 30th birthday :D Matinee and second Danny T

Worst Night: Pass, every night was a 10 out of 10 in different ways :D

Best Bar: Don't really do bars, spent a bit of time at Bora Bora, otherwise Passion was our daily food/wine stop

Best Place to Eat: Cap des Falco on Es Codolar beach (beautiful sunset spot and the best tuna I've eaten in my life)

Best Beach: Playa Mitjorn on Formentera (we were the only people on the beach for hours :D)

Money Spent: No idea

Biggest Regret: Don't do regrets

Going Back?: The usual June and September next year

Top Tip: Get free entry wristbands for Danny T (where else can you see Danny T for free :D) and remember poppers are illegal in Ibiza (don't find out the hard way :lol:;))

Dates you were there: 19th-26th september

Where you stayed La Nora

Club nights visited: Cream We love circo loco cocoon

Best Night: cocoon

Worst Night: None of them

Best Bar: BoRA bORA

Best Place to Eat: Passion

Money Spent: £850:cry:

Biggest Regret: Them girls we met on saturday why didn't we just say yest to el divinios:lol::oops:

Going Back?:ye

Top Tip: Invest in some gnat spray and don't take your credit card with you

Dates you were there: 21-25th Sept

Where you stayed: Bab's apartment

Club nights visited: Matinee and WLS

Best Night: WLS

Worst Night: I enjoyed matinee less but only because I was knackered :(

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: Passion for breakfast, Marco's in Figuretas for evening meals

Money Spent: too much!

Biggest Regret: Not getting to Cocoon on Monday :evil:

Going Back?: next Sept!

Top Tip: Order your Cocoon tickets online from the website well in advance, they're about €25 cheaper than buying them in Ibiza.

please tell me how you blagged your way into clubs for free??!!

You should have gone to the beach- free wristbands for many parties this year. Of course, if it is a DJ/Party you really want to go to- book through spotlight and support the site.

Dates you were there: 23-26 Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Monterray Aparthotel, San An Bay

Club nights visited: WLS @ Space, DC10, Cocoon Closing, Defected Closing @ Pacha

Best Night: WLS @ Space

Worst Night: Cocoon was a disapointment, too many folk.

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: Burger King @ the airport

Money Spent: £500 approx

Biggest Regret: No, none.

Going Back?: July '08. Have convinced the missus to go:)

Top Tip: It does not have to be that expensive. Shop around for armbands on PDB beach etc & use your pass outs.
user_offline.gif

My Ibiza Review

STAYED PONIENTE (SAN AN) DIRT CHEAP AND GREAT ACCOMODATION :D

WED 19TH - THUR 27 THANKS TO EASY JET 2-3HOUR DELAYS BOTH OUT AND INBOUND FLIGHT (YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR I SUPPOSE ):evil:.

SPENT WELL IN EXCESS OF 1500 EUROS. - I DO LIKE VODKA LIMON'S:lol:

BEST NIGHT EASILY WAS CLOSING PARTY OF MANUMISSION - MENTAL NOTHING LIKE IT !!!!!

BEST BAR GOT TO BE HUSH !! WICKED SOUND SYSTEM AND MANAGER JASON IS A LEGEND !!!

WORST WELL IT HAS TO HED KANDI - 40 EUROS A TICKET AND OVERCROWDING BEYOND BELIEF, BUT HEY SPENT THE NIGHT ON THE TERRACE ENJOYING THE VIEW - BUT STILL A DISGRACE WONT BE GOING TO THAT NIGHT AGAIN !!! - AND FINDING OUT THAT MOST CLUBS/BARS GET THERE SAN MIGEL FOR 40CENT EACH APPROX AND THEN CHARGE UPWARDS OF 7EUROS A POP WHOSE THE MUG !!!:oops:

HIGHLIGHTS - WELL AS WITH ALL IBIZA TRIPS (THIS MY SEVENTH!!) TO MUCH TO MENTION, BUT FIRST THING COME TO MIND IS MEETING JOHNNY GOLDEN @PACHA.

BIGGEST TIP- GOTTA BE THE FISHERMANS RESTURANT, MAINLY A WORKER HANG OUT AND OPENS AT 6AM FOR BREAKFAST (out of this world) AND BEERS.

Dates you were there: 8th - 22nd September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Catalina Apartments, San Antonio

Club nights visited: "Ibiza Rocks" closing party, Armada @ Amnesia, F*ck me im Famous @ Pacha, Judgement Sundays closing party @ Eden, Danny Tenaglia @ Space, Cream closing @ Amnesia

Best Night: Cream closing

Worst Night: None!

Best Bar: Bora Bora by a mile!

Best Place to Eat: Villa Mercedes

Money Spent: £1500

Biggest Regret: Havent been to Formentera for about 5 years so wish I had spent a day there.

Going Back?: Yes!

Top Tip: Hire a car - go see the island!

Dates you were there: 22nd - 29th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Navila Apartment, Dalt Vila

Club nights visited: We Love @ Space, Circoloco @ DC10, Danny T. Ace of Clubs @ Space, La Troya @ Space, Anfora

Best Night: hard to say, they were so different

Worst Night: Anfora (I just went there because it was next to my apartment and I was too tired to go somewhere else)

Best Bar: Bora Bora but not as good as before since you can't dance on the tables anymore

Best Place to Eat: this year I particularly liked the fish shack in the rocks after Sa Punta in Talamanca

Money Spent: don't know and don't want to know

Biggest Regret: Missing the Cocoon Closing and the Monza Closing (especially after reading Nostrum's review)

Going Back?: bien sûr!

Top Tip: don't eat junk food, good restaurants are not necessarly much more expensive

Dates you were there: 6 September - 20 September

Where you stayed: Jet Apartments, Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited: Cream, Def Mix, We Love x 2, CircoLoco x 2, Carl Cox Closing, F*** Me I'm Famous, Club Azuli, People from Ibiza Closing, Danny T Ace of Clubs, Meganite Closing

Best Night: Cream (Mixmag Terrace w/ Steve Angello & Chris Lake)

Worst Night: Meganite Closing ( good party, but it was my last night on Ibiza :rolleyes:)

Best Bar: Bora Bora!!!:lol:

Best Place to Eat: My Balcony (Turkey Sandwiches & Fruit Juice Menu) :p

Money Spent: US $2,000 (airfare from Seoul :eek:), $1,700 (apartment), $2,500 (clubs, food, and 8))

Biggest Regret: NO REGRETS!!! LIVE IT, LOVE IT, AND LEARN FROM IT!!!!

Going Back: Ofcourse!! September '08 3 weeks!!!:lol:

Top Tip: Take advantage of discount entries, it's cool to get there early with some extra cash in your wallets...

Dates you were there: 22 - 29 September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): a villa right out in the sticks

Club nights visited: Subliminal (Pacha), Hed kandi (El Divino), WLS(Space) (12noon til closing)

Best Night: Each had its upsides, Jonathon Ulysses tore the roof off the terrace (roof? terrace?) and Andy Cato was entertaining on the main terrace. Felix was great in the discotek and I met james zabiale in the toilet. Morillo deserves maximum respect for playing with one arm in a sling.

Worst Night: Hed Kandi, it was like every club in the uk that i would point blank refuse to go to if someone suggested it. We had a laugh though

Best Bar: Not a clue what is was called. One of the many in ibiza town

Best Place to Eat: km5. sorted 17 of us out very well, even though we were a little late.

Money Spent: £800.

Biggest Regret: Not being able to persuade my mates to leave the villa for long periods, particularly as i wanted to make monza at privilege.

Going Back?: yep.

Top Tip:

If you stay in a villa in the sticks, make sure you're a named driver on your hire cars

go to salinas

Dates you were there: 22nd to 29th September

Where you stayed: Catalina Apartments San Antonio

Club nights visited: Hed Kandi closing at El Divino, We Love at Space, Danny Tenaglia Ace of Clubs at Space, Espuma at Amnesia

Best night: Danny Tenaglia at Space - wicked line up, never seen anything like that robot either!!

Worst night: Espuma at Amnesia - guess I just wasn't in the mood as most of the music in the main room wasn't too bad. After deciding NOT to dive in I don't see why I should still have to wade knee deep through the stuff to leave the place - someone should tell them where the off switch is:rolleyes:!

Best bar: Didn't do any - next trip though!

Best place to eat: David's in San An and the lovely Chinese above the really crap eating places on the West End waterfront.

Money spent: about £300

Biggest regret: Not getting to Pacha or into the sea (not surprising as I can't swim!:eek:)

Going back: Hell yeah!:D

Top tip: 1) Be friendly and don't be obnoxious. We managed to blag entry to Space but only because we actually had been chatting to the person whose name we dropped from El Divino! 2) All Divas on a budget or public transport should bring a little bag of essentials including sunglasses, a nice pashmina and good looking flat shoes to change into for the often chilly walk of shame home. I partae well into someone else's working day, so sharing the buses with 'disaproving housewives' who don't know its rude to stare in ANY language isn't a great way to end your 'night'!!8)

Dates you were there: 15-23 September 2007

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bergantin, San An Bay (all inclusive)

Club nights visited: MN2S at El Divino

Best Night: Every night, Sunday especially. Ended up in Pink Panther and the Donegans and had the best night

Worst Night: Last nite, didnt want to go home!!

Best Bar: Cafe del Mar (great watching the sunset to some nice music)

Best Place to Eat: Didn't venture out much!!

Money Spent: £400 spending & £350 holiday (a bargain)

Biggest Regret: Not getting to Space and Bora-Bora

Going Back?: 13 Sept 2008 for 11 days!!

Top Tip:
Get drunk before you enter the clubs, dont buy many drinks inside, check out the sunset, let your hair down, have fun & be whoever you want to be!!!

Dates you were there: 19th - 29th September

Where you stayed: Lux Mar Apartments Figuretes

Club nights visited: Superfreq Closing at DC10, Cream Closing at Amnesia, Azuli at Space Closing, Def Mix at Pacha, Circoloco at DC10, Cocoon Closing at Amnesia, Subliminal Closing at Pacha, Monza Closing at Privilege, Pure Pacha Closing at Pacha

Best night: Circoloco at DC10 (Magda, Vulcano, Fabrizio YES!!) & Cocoon at Amnesia

Worst night: Subliminal at Pacha, I love Pacha and Morillo but this was ****. **** atmosphere, not that busy (well not compared to usual!!) and half the tunes Morillo plays are gash.

Best bar:Any down the front off the Port love the vibe down there apart from BASE Bar totally overated. Angels of Love Bar was nice but not busy enough.

Best place to eat:An english run place in Santa Eularia I forget the name, The new Indian Restaurant in Ibiza Town Port was awesome and of course La Oliva in Ibiza Town.

Worst place to eat:Pacha, it was a bit **** this year, seems to have gone downhill from last.

Money spent: £900 Spends and about £450 for the holiday. Worked out ot be alot more than we expected :lol:

Biggest regret:Errr none I think.

Going back: I would imagine so, although I have been going for 8 years now!

Dates you were there: 13th - 22nd September

Where you stayed: Jet apartments PdB

Club nights visited: Monza@ Priviledge, Pure Pacha, WLS@ Space, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Danny Tenaglia - Ace of Clubs @ Space, In Bed with Space Closing @ Space, Home of La Troya @ Space, Cream Closing @ Amnesia, Matinee @ Space

Best night: Cocoon and Home of La Troya
Worst night: Cream Closing - what a load of rubbish

Best bar:Didnt do too many bars this year but the strip in Ibiza town with Base etc and Borra Borra of course

Best place to eat:Didnt each much but Jockey club in Las Salinas for seafood and the restaurant in Dalt Villa, towards the bottom - forgottent the name but lovely tapas. Also the place in PdB near Jet selling lovely meat skewers

Worst place to eat: Mambo was a rip off

Money spent: Dont know - dont want to know - suspect £2000+

Biggest regret:Not making DC10

Going back: Try and stop me!

Dates you were there: 26th Sept - 3rd Oct

Where you stayed: Bahia Apts, San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Pure Pacha Closing & We Love Space Closing

Best night: Pure Pacha

Worst night: none

Best bar: Reunion Bar in the port - purely for the hospitality of the larger than life "owner"

Best place to eat: a tie between the ever excellent Banyan Palace (San Antonio Bay) & La Olivia in Dalt Villa - expensive but stunning food and excellent service

Worst place to eat: Itaca - slop

Money spent: Total about £900 on holiday

Biggest regret: Not doing DC10.....too old for all this 2 nights/days running malarky

Going back: Hopefully - it seems like my second home

Dates you were there: 27th Sept - 5th Oct

Where you stayed: Villa outside Jesus

Club nights visited: Monza Closing, Bora Bora, Heaven, WLS Closing, Circoloco (DC-10)

Best night: Circoloco by a million miles (Hawtin & Villalobos b2b - eeek)

Worst night: Heaven - nice club but super gay (and empty) but I won't be losing any sleep over it, was embarrassingly drunk on arrival and only fell in due to freebie wristband.

Best bar: Bora Bora

Best place to eat: Bambuddha Grove - beautiful setting and amazing Asian cuisine

Worst place to eat: KM5 - far too basic...trying to be something it's not in the face of so much better competition (namely Sa Capella and El Ayoun). Menu hasn't changed in about 7 years and portions are too basic - also no vegetarian options so you're buggered if you don't eat fish.

Money spent: £700 ish

Biggest regret: Not making it to the La Troya closing - got flu. :cry: ...also, as nice as staying in a villa is, you're at the mercy of the person with a car. I prefer to be closer to the action really.

Going back: Ummmmm - in a heartbeat. 8) This is my 8th visit and still, every time is like the first.

Back