Just tell us how it was - Summer 2007

Dates you were there: Aug 29th- Sep 5th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bon Sol Apartments- Playa D'en Bossa.

Club nights visited: Cream, Pure Pacha, We Love Sundays, Circo loco, Cocoon

Best Night: well, day: DC10

Worst Night: tough because they were all fun. going on the quality of music- Pure Pacha, but was rather mashed for this one so had fun all the same. so will go for Cocoon simply because it was unbearably crowded.

Best Bar: Bora Bora/ Bar M

Money Spent: about 900

Best Place to Eat: Eat? hah.

Biggest Regret: Not enough beach time= no tan lol.

Going Back?: hell yes, 2008

Top Tip: rave long and prosper.

Dates you were there: Sept 04th- Sep 8th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mare Nostrum Hotel- Playa D'en Bossa. I wiil not give more then 2 stars for this hotel.
Club nights visited: Cream, Subliminal, Carl Cox

Best Night: Cream with paul Van Dyk

Worst Night: first half of night in Space while LTJ Bukem and Josh Wink were playing!
Best Bar: Bora Bora !!!!!

Money Spent: about 600

Best Place to Eat: heh
Biggest Regret: only 4 days......... NOT ENAUGH!!

Going Back?: hell yes!

Top Tip: if u come to Ibiza take 100% from your holiday!

Dates you were there: 8-21 July 2007

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Simbad, Talamanca. Great place.

Club nights visited: Ibiza Rocks (if that counts), Manumission, Sundays at Space, Carl Cox Opening & Monza.

Best Night: Probably Sundays at Space of the 'proper' clubs but I was a bit disappointed with the clubbing this year.

Worst Night: Carl Cox purely because of the mood I was in and I got my arm burnt by a cigarette-wielding idiot outside. :rolleyes:

Best Bar: Bora Bora or Sa Trinxa.

Best Place to Eat: Sa Punta.

Money Spent: Not sure, probably about £900.

Biggest Regret: Didn't really have any although the line-ups were a lot better for other weeks. Would've liked to have checked out that Zoo Project.

Going Back?: Maybe October.

Top Tip: Try the laughing gas. ;) Oh, and hire a convertible. Not at the same time though!

Dates you were there: 26/8 to 4/9

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Nautico Ebeso, Figueretas (perfect hotel although Figueretas was a bit of a dump with of smelly seaweed on beach and grafitti everywhere)

Club nights visited: Release Yourself (Pacha), F**k Me I'm Famous (Pacha), Hed Kandi (El Divino)

Best Night: Release Yourself (Pacha) - Club nicely filled, good selection of music in all tastes in all the rooms.

Worst Night: F**k Me I'm Famous (Pacha) - Overcrowded, too many VIP areas, too many myspace/facebook types pretending to be happy/out of it just for the camera (whats with this?!?) Retro room that didnt play any Retro. Funky Room not funky.

Best Bar: Bora Bora, although the music was not my cup of tea. ie. standard boom-boom bosh-bosh generic tech house. I Would have liked to have heard some funkier or vocal stuff but thats just my preference. The atmosphere was good however. Also suprised to see the entire bar moved to a pokey indoor room at midnight.

Best Place to Eat: Pacha

Money Spent: £1000 (ish)

Biggest Regret: Not visiting Space and choosing overly rammed nights in August. Hed Kandi was stupidly packed, a lot of frustrated looking people in there (only 2 people serving at the 1 bar and 1 toilet!), left early. We should have chosen MN2S for El Divino.

Going Back?: For sure.

Top Tip: Hire a car for the duration and explore the island some days. Go on a boat trip to Formentera, hire a moped there and head south to the beach at El Arenal (the most amazing beach you will ever see, seriously puts las salinas to shame!). See a sunset at Cala D'hort (better than sunset strip). Spend at least 3 evening in Ibiza Town as there is so much to see. Eat at Pacha Restaurant. Dont even bother with drugs. This isnt the 1990's anymore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 29th August - 12th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Pacific, San Antonio

Club nights visited: 2 x Cream @ Amnesia, 2 x Judgement Sundays @ Eden,
2 x Pure Pacha @ Pacha, Armada @ Amnesia, Circo Loco @ DC10, Carl Cox @ Space, Hed Kandi @ El Divino,

Best Night: Armada @ Amnesia, Circo Loco @ DC10, Carl Cox Closing Party @ Space.

Worst Night: Hed Kandi @ El Divino, basically down to the fact it was unbelivebly rammed!!

Best Bar: Sunset bars at San Antonio, especially Mambo & Kanya.

Best Place to Eat: A few places - Coastline, Mambo, Kasbah.

Money Spent: £1100

Biggest Regret: Not maiking it to Bora, Bora.

Going Back?: Defo, 2008 for 2 weeks, maybe even 3!

Dates you were there: 3rd - 14th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Gran Sol, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Defected @ Pacha twice, Dusted @ Eden (free ticket), Underground

Best Night: Louie Vega/Defected - Pacha

Worst Night: Eden. Horrible tacky club. At least didn't have to pay to get in.

Best Bar: El Viper

Best Place to Eat: Pacha & Es Ventall

Money Spent: £not sure

Biggest Regret: Not going to Blue Marlin

Going Back?: Probably.

Dates you were there: 3rd - 14th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Gran Sol, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Defected @ Pacha twice, Dusted @ Eden (free ticket), Underground

Best Night: Louie Vega/Defected - Pacha

Worst Night: Eden. Horrible tacky club. At least didn't have to pay to get in.

Best Bar: El Viper

Best Place to Eat: Pacha & Es Ventall

Money Spent: £not sure

Biggest Regret: Not going to Blue Marlin

Going Back?: Probably.

how was gran sol as a hotel? im staying there for a week with my mrs, going saturday. heard its really nice

It is really nice. Have stayed there 3 times now. Very clean, quiet, friendly staff. The pool is FREEZING though, be warned it takes your breath away!!
The bar food is really good too. 3 euros for a Spanish omlette & salad - bargain!
If we go to Ibiza again next year we'll be staying at the Gran Sol.

Dates you were there: 1st - 15th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sirenis club Goleta, Playa den Bossa, awesome hotel

Club nights visited: We Love @ Space, Renaissance @ Pacha, Superfreeq @ DC10

Best Night: Renaissance @ Pacha, Steve Lawler was awesome

Worst Night: We Love @ Space

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: Can den Parra

Money Spent: £1000

Biggest Regret: not going to see Satoshi tomiie @ Defmix & Not seeing a sunset this year

Going Back?: 2008

Top Tip: dont be a sheep and think that Space is the be all and end all of clubbing in Ibiza......in all honesty its a bit crap

Dates you were there: 10th - 17th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa Sol Apartmentos II, Playa Den Bosa

Club nights visited: Release Yourself (Pacha), Funky Fresh (El Divino), Cream (Amnesia), Hed Kandi (El Divino)

Best Night: Release Yourself was great but Cream probably just edged it in terms of atmosphere and Amnesia blew my socks off!However Pacha probably has a better interior.

Worst Night: Funky Fresh was dire and the only reason I went there was because my best mate likes Hip Hop! However Hed Kandi was also a big dissapointment as it's too overcrowded. I would not go back to El Divino, twice was too much!

Best Bar: Base Bar was great for a few drinks before going to the clubs but Bora Bora for atmosphere and the true Ibiza Experience.

Best Place to Eat: Didn't really go anywhere great.

Money Spent: Not calculated yet but spent less than I thought.

Biggest Regret: Not visiting Privilege or Space but I can't say it's causing me to loose sleep.

Going Back?: Would love to but I can't say for def at the moment.

Top Tip: If you go San Antonio or Evissa you will get bombarded with offers on drinks like happy hour and drinks for a set amount. Half the time though it's a con and in San An Im pretty certain there was hardly any alcohol in the drinks!

Dates you were there: 1st - 15th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Golleta , Figurettes/PDB

Club nights visited: 2x WLS , 2x CircoLoco , 2x Superfreq, 1x Cocoon , 1x Monza

Best Night: CircoLoco or Monza

Worst Night: WLS the second time , was still good but only went cos a friend had already bought their ticket n they were only there for 3 days

Best Bar: Didnt go to many , definitely NOT Tantra or Coco's near space they'r stupidly expensive

Best Place to Eat: This litle tapas place next to Coolture Cafe or our Hotel!

Money Spent: Flight plus Acc = 280each , I spent about £800 in 13 days on top

Biggest Regret: Not making it to Cocoon the first week cos was spazd from DC10 earlier , Not hiring a car

Going Back?: If i could Id be there now

Top Tip: 2 weeks is SO much better than one , you get alot more out of it as you have time to rest as well as party

Dates you were there: 7th-17th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa in Es Cubells for first week, Club Paraiso (San An) for last 2 days.

Club nights visited: Cocoon @ Amnesia, Carl Cox closing @ Space, F*** Me I'm Famous @ Pacha

Best Night: Carl Cox, brilliant music and crowd in all rooms

Worst Night: Cocoon, too ploddy, too busy

Best Bar: Grill Bar Lumbi in Es Cubells - anyone who has ever been there and has been served by Jose will know why!!

Best Place to Eat: toss up between Destino in San Jose (thanks to those who wrote about this in the past, a great tip) and Sa Capella

Money Spent: £900

Biggest Regret: not enough beach action and going to Cocoon

Going Back?: silly question
Top Tip: Destino in San Jose

Dates you were there: 11 sep - 14 sep 2007

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): la marina hostal in the port of ibiza town

Club nights visited: armada, superfreq, f*** me i'm famous

Beaches: las salines, bora bora, cala d'hort, cala salada

Best Night: armada

Worst Night: if there was, it'd be fmif. way too packed. but i had a good time, so i'd be more inclined to say this was "least-best" as opposed to worst.

Best Bar: n/a

Best Place to Eat: la marina was great. kanya was okay; i didn't think it lived up to what i'd read on here.

Money Spent: US$720 (air), $185 (apt), ~$500 (tickets, car, food, etc)

Biggest Regret: not getting up earlier to explore the island more

Going Back?: would love to next year, but not seeing a chance in the next few years.

Top Tip: rent a car to visit beaches. the ones you need to drive to are way better than the ones close to the cities. we got to rent a mini boat thing at cala d'hort...anchored off of es vedra, swam to the rock and climbed around a bit. that was pretty cool.

My full review to follow

Dates you were there: 14th to 21st September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Garbi Aparthotel, Playa D'en Bossa

Club nights visited: Eden closing party, WLS @ Space, MN2S Closing Party @ El Divino, Armada Closing Party @ Amnesia, Renaissance Closing Party @ Pacha

Beaches: Playa D'en Bossa, Formentera

Best Night: Renaissance Closing Party @ Pacha

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Bay Bar, San Antonio Bay

Best Place to Eat: La Brasa, Ibiza Town

Money Spent: A LOT.WAY WAY TOO MUCH :cry:

Biggest Regret: Leaving to go home

Going Back?: Most Definitely

Top Tip: Go to Formentera for the day, the beach cannot be beaten.

Dates you were there: 25-7-07 to 8-8-07

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
hotel paciffic, san antonio, just round the corner from eden and esparadise, great hotel, will go back, didn't hear any noise from clubs

Club nights visited:
hip hop/r&B night at esparadise- only went because we got offered free tickets and champyne on entry, so even if was baws we were still getting a free drink, but was actually alright!

dj sammy night-esparadise, again some free tickets we got when we were at the beach during the day, and free drink on entry so if was crap we could go, but he was quite gd! got my pic with him again

privilage-manumission- was brilliant, never experienced anything like it, all the weird acts, folk grabbing clubbers and whipping them over beds! clowns, folk floating in the air, weird dancers, a swimming pool

gatecrasher- with dave pearce, some cracking tunes!! took me back

amessia for cream -marco v, paul van dyke. i was disapppointed, expectted it to look like in kevin and perry! lol. great night tho, very very busy, made mistake of going to see another room then could not get back in! was packed

judgment sunday- great music and atmosphere, we met judge jules, got pics with him

also did day/night:
sunset booze cruise, - they parked the boat right in front of mambo and cafe del mar blocking everyone elses view.

ibiza rocks- mika- was at the front, he's got some moves! lol. not the niggest fan, but he was really good,

dirty sanchez's show- bar m, what a show, regret being right at the front, with sick and everything else sliding off the stage!! putting tubes up their arse then pouring drink in it, then letting it squirt out with his poo, catching it in a glass then drinking it!!! loads other horrible things!! check my pics!!

ibiza rocks -the enemy-went to see the enemy went vip. met all the band afterwards, got pics with them as you do. was great night!

train/bus trip up the mountains- something to do during the day, we saw this wee train, the driver was a mad man! had a plastic gun trying to shoot folk we drove by,lol

3hr cruise round ibiza- another thing we did during the day, got free drink, which was gd! was really nice, they stopped at some spots so you could jump in the sea. saw all the diff beaches and you could see all the fish downstairs through the glass windows

ibiza town, decided to have an easy night, just wanderd about, bit of culture, was really nice place, some nice palces to see. even met the spanish mr bean who was a bit scary!

west end pub crawls- with a group we met from leeds

boat trip to an aquarium in a cave- cave with stingrays, lobsters and fish. then nobody turned up for the boat home, so the guy gave us a bottle of champyne to drink on the way back! not bad!

and boat to calabassa beach, water party-during the day at es paradise, going cafe mambo/del mar

Best Night:obviously the night we got all dressed up and went to mercedes where my man proposed :D :D, loved manumission!! what an experience!! oww and ibiza rocks!! brilliant!

Worst Night: wasn't amazing but still awrite, dj sammy

Best Bar: kilties, being a true scot! great banter and drink deals, the best brekfasts aswell, or bar m- ibza rocks was amazing

Best Place to Eat: mercedes- where the rich and famous go! the most beutiful restaurant ever!! just down from the sunset stri. bit pricey but worth it, we got the best table upstairs sitting outside over looking harbour, then chilled after in the chill out bit with fabric flowing over fourposter style chill out bit, with hunners of pillows and stuff,mosaics and candles everwhere, just so nice!! where bf proposed!! dead romantic!! lol. it was tho! lol. bless him! love u babe.

Money Spent:between two of us, 3000 euros for spending cash

Biggest Regret: going earlier to watch sunset, missed most of it at cafe mabo, not going to space

Going Back?: for sure!! will try out the other clubs i never went to. and try and do as much as possible again

Top Tip:
1) i wore a lot of floaty tops with shorts, so i hide my camera in my pockets and my top coverd it, big clubs only search girls bags. i managed to take over 500 pics!!

2)hang out at the beach during the day for free tickets to clubs. you have to
go earlier, but you get ur hand stamped and get free drink, so you can leave after your drink and go to the pub then get back in later with ur hand stamp!

check my pics: www.bebo.com/fionadenn

Dates you were there: 16th - 22nd Sep

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Central City apartments, San Antonio, a sh*thole and was full of neds. Staff were friendly and helpfull though.

Club nights visited: WLS @ Space, Mn2S closing @ El Divino, Danny Tenaglia Ace Of Clubs @ Space, Cream closing @ Amnesia.

Beaches: Not our thing but Bora Bora if that counts and the sunset strip.

Best Night: Danny Tenaglia @ Space

Worst Night: None

Best Bar: Bora Bora

Best Place to Eat: Didn't eat out a lot but Davids in San An

Money Spent: Less than £1000.

Biggest Regret: Staying in San An, buying tickets in advance.

Going Back?: Most Definitely. June and September next year.

Top Tip: Don't stay in San An

Dates you were there: 18 sep - 24 sep 2007

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Roberto Playa in figueretas, Montesol in ibiza town

Club nights visited: Defected; La Troya/Fake;Cream; Matinee; Gorgeous; We Love...

Beaches: las salines, figueretas, cala bassa/port des torrent, pdb

Best Night: La Troya (especially hanging out in the coco loco 'bar' w/ the la troya crew)

Worst Night: Hands down Cream- horrible atmosphere, too crowded. Also, maybe I was just tired, but despite how good the music was, Pacha was (imo, as usual) boring.

Best Bar: Sa Trinxa

Best Place to Eat: La Brasa for dinner, El Zaquan(sp?) for tapas

Money Spent: too much, but less than I had planned (only payed for one club entrance8))

Biggest Regret: not waking up earlier to rent a car/explore more of the island; being convinced to go to Cream.

Going Back?: of course- either June or September 2008.

Top Tip: Try to swim in the sea every day, ideally at a different beach each time.

Dates you were there: 15th Sept - 22nd Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mira Mola Apartments, Figueretas

Club nights visited: We Love....., Circo Loco, Meganite, Cream, Pure Pacha

Beaches: Once for 5 minutes, always vow to get a tan but it never happens!

Best Night: Tough one, We Love... was superb as ever, DC10 was unbelievable and I really enjoyed Pacha. If i have to make a choice, i'll say Circo Loco @ DC10, simply for the incredible atmosphere in THAT terrace

Worst Night: Meganite @ Privilege, is the main room's sound system always turned down so low? Really was too quiet, we had to stand near the speakers to get any 'feel' for the music. Luckily the Coco Loco room (and a local DJ who's name we never found out) was loud and rockin all night, otherwise the night would have been a complete washout

Best Bar: BayBar San Antonio bay, or BeachCafeBar (or something like that) just down the road from Pacha - decadent chilling, but stupidly not open early Sat morning for an after Pacha Vodka Limon??!

Best Place to Eat: KFC Twisters Rule! I am sad

Money Spent: £800-£1200, don't really want to add it up!

Biggest Regret: Not going to Cocoon, not going to Tenaglia at Space, not having enough money!

Going Back?: Oh yes!

Top Tip: Take loads and loads of money, keep yourself well hydrated in the clubs, ENJOY!

Back