Just tell us how it was - Summer 2007

Robder

The continuation of the 2006 one is annoying me. :lol:

Dates you were there: 15-23 June 2007

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Lux Mar apartments, Figueretas (Location and price couldn't be more perfect for a budget holiday)

Club nights visited: Underground, Tahiti (if it counts), WLS opening (Space), Cocoon opening (Privilege), Monza opening (Privilege), Nude (Prestige).

Best Night: WLS opening (because Space is Space), Monza opening (Ibiza's best crowd and music policy)

Worst Night: Nude (undercover police = grrr)

Best Bar: KM5

Best Place to Eat: Sa Capella

Money Spent: £600 *edit* £700 - not sure how that happened! lol

Biggest Regret: Not having a meal at Pacha (cr*p club but gorgeous place and an Ibiza break without it seems strange)...also all the best nights being at Privilege (great place but not my fave and variety would've been nicer)...and the obvious DC-10 GRRR. :evil:

Going Back?: September

Top Tip: Be careful kids! 1. NEVER buy anything in a club. 2. DON'T carry loads on you. 3. DON'T have stuff in your pockets in taxis or cars en route to clubs as police may carry out a random search. 4. If you need to do something naughty, ALWAYS do this in a toilet cubicle and not on the dance floor.

The UK this ain't and it's not worth the bother. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Garbi - Playa d'en Bossa. Excellent base and great value for money

Club nights visited: WLS Opening @ Space, Release Yourself @ Pacha, Gatecrasher Classics @ Eden, F**k Me I'm Famous @ Pacha

Best Night: Hard one - Space cos its Space but F**k me I'm Famous was a superb night

Worst Night: I don't think you have bad nights in Ibiza do you??

Best Bar: Passion, Playa d'en Bossa

Best Place to Eat: Pacha Restaurant/Marcos - Figuretas/ El Rincon del Puerto - Ibiza Town were all excellent

Money Spent: £a lot

Biggest Regret: Bora Bora being shut, I also felt let down by Tom Novy closing the sunset terrace.

Going Back?: September hopefully!

Top Tip: Go to Passion before your Space trips for some lovely smoothies

Dates you were there: 15 - 26 June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Private apartment in PDB for first week, Hacienda for the last 4 days

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays (x2), Gatecrasher Classics and Fu*k me I'm Famous

Best Night: For clubbing WLS Opening (brilliant Sunset Terrace sesh plus Groove Armada were excellent on the new terrace), for non-clubbing our wedding on the 16th of course :lol:

Worst Night: No such thing in Ibiza

Best Bar: Don't really do bars but Passion for good food, smoothies and a nice rose certainly does the trick

Best Place to Eat: Not being biased cos we had our wedding reception there but the food and setting at Cap des Falco is out of this world

Money Spent: I dread to think :eek: :lol:

Biggest Regret: Don't do regrets

Going Back?: What kind of stupid question is that :lol: 2 weeks in September for Closings :D Then I'll start planning for 2008 :lol:

Top Tip: Get married in Ibiza :D :lol:

Dates you were there: 15 - 23 June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Lux-mar apartments, figueretas

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays, Freak n chic, cocoon, mulletover, anfora (urgh! :lol:), monza, nude, Underground, underclub @ DIVA

Best Night: WLS opening, monza, mulletover (can't choose really - and cocoon should go in there too)

Worst Night: Anfora - hideous. A good reminder of why I never go gay clubbing :lol:

Best Bar: Not a big bar person but KM5 was nice for cocktails

Best Place to Eat: Sa capella, la brasa

Money Spent: About £600 or £700

Biggest Regret: Not eating at pacha, choosing a holiday week where all the best parties were cancelled (DC10, cocoon at amnesia, cocoon afterparty :evil::evil::evil:)

Going Back?: Indeed - considering working the season in 2008.

Top Tip: Eating out in ibiza is fantastic - take advantage. You can also drink the tap water at privilege which saves a few bob...

And it tastes like swimming pool water...I think I'd rather dry up like ghandi's slipper. :lol:

It REALLY is the worst. :x

It's not particularly yummy no, but it's better than €8 a bottle :lol:

and if I recall, you were the one just picking up random bottles from the floor to fill up urgh!

It's not particularly yummy no, but it's better than €8 a bottle :lol:

and if I recall, you were the one just picking up random bottles from the floor to fill up urgh!

...all those efforts trying to paint a classy picture of myself casually sipping expensive cocktails at KM5 have now been replaced by me scrabbling around on the floor desperately syphoning dirty privilege pool water down my throat. Thanks. :rolleyes::lol:

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Seaview Hotel, Port Des Torrent

Club nights visited: Gategrasher at Eden, Es Paradis Water Party, Monza Opening at Privilege (more of a relaxing holiday)

Best Night: All rocked in there own ways. Es paradis for sheer enjoyment thou, gategrashers for music and Monza for the crowd/decor.

Worst Night: Last nite, Friday since we couldn't go to Manumission

Best Bar: Cafe del Mar (great watching the sunset to some nice music)

Best Place to Eat: Can't remember names of anywhere

Money Spent: £320 spending & £220 holiday (a bargain)

Biggest Regret: Missing Manumission & Hed Kandi nites

Going Back?: Next Year

Top Tip:
Get drunk before you enter the clubs, dont buy anything inside them, try some laughing gas, watch the sun going down & do what u want - ur on holiday.

Dates you were there: June 19-29th

Where you stayed: Hotel Victoria, Talamanca

Club nights visited: Meganite Opening @ Privilege, F*** Me I'm Famous @ Pacha, Pure Pacha @ Pacha; Hed Kandi @ El Divino, We Love @ Space, Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha

Best night: **** Me Im Famous @ Pacha with Guetta, Ingrosso, Angello and Sarah Main - AMAZING! I fell in love with Pacha, such a beautiful club! and I love El Cielo/Funky Room! The music in there was sick! At first it was kinda calm, so we sat in the sofas chillin with the expensive beer (haha!), then suddenly this funky house track with drums and **** came on and I was like WOHA! jumped up and went nuts! From there it went on for a few hours :p

We Love @ Space was also crazy!!! Got there around 12am, the sunset terrace was PACKED with people goin loco! felt like heaven! then we found the roof terrace, chilled there many times during the party, really nice atmosphere up there! the design of the place was really nice!, then we accidently found the main terrace! daaamn huge! Fanciulli, Smokin Jo, Buckley and Elio Riso tore the place apart! AMAZING! Checked out Tom Novy on the Sunset Terrace, totally packed! In total: LOVED THIS PARTY!!! def. gonna check it out again next summer! :)

Worst night: Que? No such thing! Well, perhaps Hed Kandi @ El Divino - sure the music was really really good! the club itself was also very nice, but I dunno, there was somethin, perhaps the crowd that didn't get to me ... or maybe it was me feelin a bit tired and not up for it. Whatever, hehe

Best bar: Well, we hung out alot at that Pacha bar in Ibiza Town next to the harbor, really lousy service and food! Drinks and music was very nice thou.

Didn't go to that many bars, so dont have that much to compare to ...

Best place to eat: Can't remember any names, but I loved the Spaghetti Carbonara at this restaurant in Playa D'en Bossa, I think it was close to Jet Apartments, but I could be wrong.

Money spent: ~950 EUR - need more money next time I go there! the drinks were so expensive! I was warned about this before I flew out there, but didn't think it was that crazy! So next time - more money! need to do a lil' shoppin aswell :p

Biggest regret: Missin' out on Release Yourself & Renaissance @ Pacha! :( We were supposed to go to Release Yourself, was really up for it, went into town for dinner and drinks and stuff, but then we all went tired! we just weren't up for it anymore! :( SUCKED! damn sun ..., hehe ... ! And for Renaissance, **** ... last day on the island (28th of June), we were flyin home the next morning, our flight was to depart at 7am. We really needed to sleep since it was a long trip home. So we missed Renaissance :( Digweed, Cattaneo and Jimmy Van M .... :(

Going back: No! ........... OFCOURSE FOR **** SAKE! haha! loved it and defenitly will be back, hopefully next summer! Would love to bring the girlfriend with me next time thou ...

Top Tip: If you haven't been there before, defenitly check out Pacha and Space! F*** Me I'm Famous and We Love that is :D8)

Dates you were there: 20-27 June 2007

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Formenterra Apartments, San An (cheap as chips so can't really complain!)

Club nights visited: F**k me i'm famous, WLS, Some crap at Eden!!

Best Night: WLS - would of liked to have been there in the day as well really

Worst Night: Eden and having to do the West End two nights in a row :cry:

Best Bar: Mambos

Best Place to Eat: Davids (Although I only got to eat out twice - :twisted::twisted::twisted:)

Money Spent: £500

Biggest Regret: Not getting to Space till later, not getting to go where I wanted to go, not getting to got to Formenterra in the day, not watching the sunset enough, not staying long enough in Pacha - the list is endless

Going Back?: Hopefully September to get to do all the things I wanted to do!:D

Dates you were there: 15 June - 7 July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sol Bahia, San Antonio - best I have stayed in by some distance, conveniently located but quiet.

Club nights visited: Tahiti, Cream (Bar M), Manumission (Privilege), Circo Loco (DC10), Defected (Pacha), We Love Sundays (Space), Dusted (Eden), Club Azuli (Space).

Best Night: Club Azuli - music was perfect, great crowd and really good entertainment. WLS wasn't far behind though!

Worst Night: Dusted. I will give further details when I write my review, but I really cannot emphasise enough what an appalling night this was.

Best Bar: Developed quite a liking for Mambo this year. Es Raco Verd was good too.

Best Place to Eat: Soooo much good food, but Cardomom Club and Kumharas were probably the best.

Money Spent: Flights were next to nothing, maybe about £40 each. Accommodation about £700 for the two of us. Spending money I'm not so sure about, but maybe around a grand between us

Biggest Regret: I was disappointed not to see Frankie Knuckles, but I don't regret it as such as going to Pacha that night would have had an adverse effect on my enjoyment of Space the next day.

Going Back?: Yes, lucky number seven will definitely be happening, not sure when though. Might sneak a week next year or it might not be until 2009.

Top Tip: Go to Tahiti/Bora Bora on a Friday evening, the Space team are out in force handing out free entry armbands for La Comunidad and Matinee, and discount armbands for Azuli.

Dates you were there: 18th - 25th June 2007
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Fiesta Playa Den Bossa (Recommended, although the food is nothing special)
Club nights visited: CircoLoco@DC10, Cocoon@privilege, La troya and we love space@Space, F**ck me im Famous@Pacha, fiesta del agua @ es paradis
Best Night: Circoloco (great atmosfear), la troya (great music, although baby marcello screamed like a beheaded rabbit.) fiesta del agua: enjoy the sunset, have fun till about 3am in San An, then leave to es-paradis, it's really a nice and beautifull place but don't come to early.;)
Worst Night: Cocoon (was still good but less then expected),
Best Bar: Tahiti bar (has a great soundsystem and was a nice replacement for borabora)
Best Place to Eat: To give an idea, I ate in many places and all were better then the hotel.
Money Spent: about 600 Euro
Biggest Regret: just been to late for the sunset in San-An and leaving at 3.30PM at circoloco to catch our plane. :(

Going Back?: If it's the last thing I do.:)
Top Tip: Don't make eyecontact with ticketsellers and don't waste your time sleeping!!!:spank:

Dates you were there- 30th june - 10th july

Where you stayed- Poniente Playa (san an)

Club nights visited- Judgement sundays,Tidy vs extreme euphoria,DJ Sammy water party(dont ask)then straight onto the shipwreked boat party, cream(turned out to be opening night),Judgement sundays again.

Best night- cream/tidy cant decide

worst night- no question DJ Sammy

Best bar- The boozer/hush

Best place to eat- Coastline

Money spent- £900, 1300 euros

Biggest regret- not goin to the tidy afterparty cos i didnt no there was one till the night after

Goin back- im in a desperate hurry to get a job so can go bak last week in august

Top tip- dont sleep, dont but anythink off lucky lucky men and go on shipwreked, best 3 hours of my life.

Dates you were there- 13th-27th July

Where you stayed- Galfi hotel (San An bay)

Club nights visited-.Koolwaters(Eden),Hed Kandi(El Divino),Metropolis(Kanya),Cream(Amnesia),Judgement Sundays(Eden),United Dance(Summum),Gatecrasher(Eden),Waterparty(Es Paradice)

Best night- Cream

worst night- Hed Kandi (So packed you couldnt move)

Best bar- Mambos

Best place to eat- Can't remember any names

Money spent- £1200 and £470 for flights and hotel

Biggest regret- Not going Space (The que looked too long at 12pm)

Goin back- Maybe in afew years

Top tip - taste the things before you buy, ALOT of duds out there

Belated Ibiza rundowns 2007

Dates you were there: June 1-8 and July 14-22. A double whammy. If only I could afford to do this every year.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): June: Apartamentos El Puerto, Eivissa. July: Lux Mar apartments, Figueretas.

Club nights visited: June - Space opening, Circo Loco opening afterparty at Privilege, Subliminal opening at Pacha plus a couple of Bora Bora sessions.
July - We Love at Space, Circo Loco at DC-10, Cocoon at Amnesia, La Troya/Fake at Space plus a couple of Bora Bora sessions. (Oh yeah, and Anfora, but that doesn't count.)

Best Night: Tough call - there were many golden moments at each. Soundtracks to said golden moments were provided by, among others, Oliver at Space opening, Erick Morillo at Pacha (never thought I'd write that but I had a blast at Subliminal, which we went to on the spur of the moment), 2ManyDJs at We Love (who delighted my indie-loving mates by dropping an Arcade Fire tune), Jon Ulysses closing the Sunset Terrace at We Love (a great set to cap a wonderful afternoon/evening sesh), Oliver again at La Troya (the last track he played, Air Conditionne, is my Tune of 2007).

But the stand-out set was Luciano's at DC-10 on July 16: two hours of pure musical bliss with the terrace at its most fervent. The pivotal moment came when he played Reach as the sun was setting. One of my all-time favourite records in one of my favourite places to dance. It doesn't get much better than this, was what I was thinking as the siren wailed for the second time before the beat crashed back down and the place went nuts. (Oliver also played Reach at La Troya; I guess because the Strictly Rythym back catalogue's been re-released it's come back onto people's radar screens).

Worst Night: Didn't have a bad one. By default, it was Cocoon, I suppose. I still had a good time but I had been really looking forward to Ricardo Villalobos on the terrace and his set didn't reach the heights I'd been expecting. Hawtin was interesting in the main room but whoever was on before him, Andre Galluzzi I think, was more entertaining than either of the others.

Best Bar: Didn't really do much bar-hopping this year. I love El Teatro in Eivissa for a civilised early evening drink watching the world go by.

Best Place to Eat: KM5. Food's good but the vibe is what makes it great.

Money Spent: Too much to think about right now.

Biggest Regret: What on earth have they done to Bora Bora? Since it re-opened, they appear to have decided to ban dancing on tables. Why? Is the idea to placate the authorities? I can't imagine the local bigwigs'll look more favourably on a licence renewal application just because a few muntered punters are no longer shaking their booties on the tables outside. And it makes one hell of a difference to the atmosphere, which was much, much more subdued the other week compared with early June before the closure.

Going Back?: September's a temptation . . . but (sigh) I'd probably better be sensible. Hard though, as this might be the last year for some while that I get to Ibiza. Still, can't complain, I had a blast this year both times.

Belated Ibiza rundowns 2007

Dates you were there: June 1-8 and July 14-22. A double whammy. If only I could afford to do this every year.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): June: Apartamentos El Puerto, Eivissa. July: Lux Mar apartments, Figueretas.

Club nights visited: June - Space opening, Circo Loco opening afterparty at Privilege, Subliminal opening at Pacha plus a couple of Bora Bora sessions.
July - We Love at Space, Circo Loco at DC-10, Cocoon at Amnesia, La Troya/Fake at Space plus a couple of Bora Bora sessions. (Oh yeah, and Anfora, but that doesn't count.)

Best Night: Tough call - there were many golden moments at each. Soundtracks to said golden moments were provided by, among others, Oliver at Space opening, Erick Morillo at Pacha (never thought I'd write that but I had a blast at Subliminal, which we went to on the spur of the moment), 2ManyDJs at We Love (who delighted my indie-loving mates by dropping an Arcade Fire tune), Jon Ulysses closing the Sunset Terrace at We Love (a great set to cap a wonderful afternoon/evening sesh), Oliver again at La Troya (the last track he played, Air Conditionne, is my Tune of 2007).

But the stand-out set was Luciano's at DC-10 on July 16: two hours of pure musical bliss with the terrace at its most fervent. The pivotal moment came when he played Reach as the sun was setting. One of my all-time favourite records in one of my favourite places to dance. It doesn't get much better than this, was what I was thinking as the siren wailed for the second time before the beat crashed back down and the place went nuts. (Oliver also played Reach at La Troya; I guess because the Strictly Rythym back catalogue's been re-released it's come back onto people's radar screens).

Worst Night: Didn't have a bad one. By default, it was Cocoon, I suppose. I still had a good time but I had been really looking forward to Ricardo Villalobos on the terrace and his set didn't reach the heights I'd been expecting. Hawtin was interesting in the main room but whoever was on before him, Andre Galluzzi I think, was more entertaining than either of the others.

Best Bar: Didn't really do much bar-hopping this year. I love El Teatro in Eivissa for a civilised early evening drink watching the world go by.

Best Place to Eat: KM5. Food's good but the vibe is what makes it great.

Money Spent: Too much to think about right now.

Biggest Regret: What on earth have they done to Bora Bora? Since it re-opened, they appear to have decided to ban dancing on tables. Why? Is the idea to placate the authorities? I can't imagine the local bigwigs'll look more favourably on a licence renewal application just because a few muntered punters are no longer shaking their booties on the tables outside. And it makes one hell of a difference to the atmosphere, which was much, much more subdued the other week compared with early June before the closure.

Going Back?: September's a temptation . . . but (sigh) I'd probably better be sensible. Hard though, as this might be the last year for some while that I get to Ibiza. Still, can't complain, I had a blast this year both times.

Dates you were there: July 19 to July 24

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ebano Apts, PDB

Club nights visited: Miss Moneypennies (El Div), Hed Kando (El Div), WLS (Space)

Best Night: Space - Tony Haze, Oliver and Jason Bye all done the business on the sunset terrace and Chew the Fat rocked the Red Room.

Worst Night: Miss Moneypennies, music was shocking, Jim 'Shaft' Ryan was poo poo and the atmosphere was rubbish except for the Fashion TV people :lol:;)!

Best Bar: Bora Bora (day/night), Rock Bar (night)

Best Place to Eat: Was meant to be KM5 but we didn't make it :oops:.....La Marina opposite the post in eivissa town, lovely seafood with real spanish people!

Money Spent: Accom and Flights £250, £550 spends

Biggest Regret: Going to El Div twice but when your with a crowd its tough

Going Back?: Not for me, this was my last dance, been enough times to have said been there, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt, enjoyed every time i've been but other priorites in life now ;):D!

Top tip: If your going to party hard you need to re-fuel, get a good 5/6 hrs kip a day and a hearty meal.....!

Dates you were there- July 22-August 4Where you stayed - Hotel Playa D'en BossaClub nights visited: Pure Pacha (2x), Bora Bora (often but not for long, right near hotel), Release Yourself (1x)Best night- Pure Pacha - got to shake hands with Pete Tong while he was in the booth! Worst night- noneBest bar- Bora Bora, my hotel (the barmaid was so sweet - she said I must speak to her in Spanish so that I learn or she wouldn't serve me, so I learned Spanish quick!)Best place to eat- Sa Trinxa: where else can you have a great meal in your bathing suit?Money spent- $697 for flights, $2,700 for 13 nights accomodation, around 600 euro spending moneyBiggest regret- none. Did everything I wanted to do: saw Es Vedra and whent snorkeling in Atlantis; spent my birthday at Pacha - finally got to see the Girl in the Glass and she gave me a drink and a "Cumpleanos Feliz!"; Goin back - is it too early to book?! Top tip - plan big excursions ahead of time and get the buses - I saved loads on cabs and met lots of nice people.

Dates you were there: 21 July - August 3 2007

Where you stayed: Posedin Apartments, Figueretas.

Club nights visited: WLS x 2, Carl Cox x 2, In Bed with Space, Subliminal, Cocoon and Meganite

Best Night: Carl Cox

Worst Night: none

Best Place to Eat: La Oliva

Money Spent: €2500-€3000

Biggest Regret: Missing DC10

Going Back?: Sometime.

Dates you were there: 29 July - August 6 2007

Where you stayed: Marina Playa, San An
Club nights visited: WLS, Carl Cox , Cocoon, La Troya

Best Night: Carl Cox/Cocoon

Worst Night: none

Best Place to Eat: