January Transfer Deadline Day

Blah blah blah. Players always say things like that. Nothing new. Doesn't make him a cnut. Things change, people change... and a lot has changed at Anfield since he arrived.

The big question is... would he make his debut on Sunday... against Liverpool? :eek:

Exactly mate, plus if someone offers anyone a big bag of cash it would be hard for anyone to say no.

I will be glad when this is over - I have had to live with boyfriend constantly checking NewsNow and other things on his blackberry for updates, completely in a "football" world of his own - Life can go back to normal LOL :lol:

(will now go back to girly threads :oops::lol:)

It's wooden dollars though isn't it?

Is Carroll 70% as good as Torres?

Very possibly, and he's a lot younger.

If FT wants to go, there could be worse outcomes than Carroll with Suarez TBH.

IMO all this does is make it harder for the smaller clubs to sign anyone half decent, widening the gap between the top 6 and the rest of the league.

Bent looks like a bargain at £24 million compared to Carroll tho

Blah blah blah. Players always say things like that. Nothing new. Doesn't make him a cnut. Things change, people change... and a lot has changed at Anfield since he arrived.

The big question is... would he make his debut on Sunday... against Liverpool? :eek:

It was only 18 months ago when he signed the extension that he said hed never play for anothr pl club.

And yes he is a cnut, in my eyes hes a huge cnut, and i hope the little funker gets the rest of his career hampered by injuries ;) Only because of the way he (and you) have handled this.

Torres given permission to have medical at Chelski!!!

(now the deal will fall down)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Apparently flying down in a chopper as we speak, if you believ the hype.

50 million for a player who hast scored 9 goals all season. Liverpool are robbing chelsea blind haha.

If someone had said to me last month, 50 million for torres, Suaez, Andy Carroll and charlie adam comng in id of been happy. Who wants a sulkin spanish player who doesnt want to be here.

It's wooden dollars though isn't it?

Is Carroll 70% as good as Torres?

Very possibly, and he's a lot younger.

If FT wants to go, there could be worse outcomes than Carroll with Suarez TBH.

Suarez and Carroll sound a lovely combination.

I'm also hearing that the Charlie Adam deal may also still be on.

It was only 18 months ago when he signed the extension that he said hed never play for anothr pl club.

And yes he is a cnut, in my eyes hes a huge cnut, and i hope the little funker gets the rest of his career hampered by injuries ;) Only because of the way he (and you) have handled this.

Apparently flying down in a chopper as we speak, if you believ the hype.
18 months ago Benitez was still manager and you were still a Champions League team.

I don't think Chelsea has done anything untoward (no more than what usually goes on). There have been no public comments about liking the player or anything like that. The club already bid for him last summer so he's long been aware of the interest.

can't believe still people give any worth or value to the cost of transfers.

it's not about the actual market price or value. it's about who's buying, who's selling, when they are selling, when they are buying, financial situation of both clubs, team situation of both clubs.

so 30m for carroll and 50m for torres and 24m for bent aren't relative in anyway.

it's just about whether one club has enough to get the player and whether the other club is willing to sell.

classic example was glen johnson. 18m was pricey, but at the time, that was what had to be paid to get him. he might only be worth 5 or 10m but if you stick to that policy you'd never get any players.

as for liverpool, no matter what. sad to see him go, great player, thought he was really gonna be one of the true legends for us.

but finally glad we're getting some (or trying to) players that will make the 1st team better, not the squad, not the youth nor reserves. but the first team. ashley young would have been nice, or even SWP.

it's not about the actual market price or value. it's about who's buying, who's selling, when they are selling, when they are buying, financial situation of both clubs, team situation of both clubs.
Totally agree.
I wish the British sports press were bright enough to get it. Terribly tiresome to have players transfer fees quoted in every article for the next few years.

Totally agree.
I wish the British sports press were bright enough to get it. Terribly tiresome to have players transfer fees quoted in every article for the next few years.

chelsea is the best example.

sheva cost 30m but it was meaningless, as roman would have prob doubled that to get him, or paid half if he'd played tough or it wasn't chelsea.

end result is the same and it's not like he'd be out of pocket in any of the circumstances.

chelsea is the best example.

sheva cost 30m but it was meaningless, as roman would have prob doubled that to get him, or paid half if he'd played tough or it wasn't chelsea.

end result is the same and it's not like he'd be out of pocket in any of the circumstances.
I'd point to Man City and Robinho.
(thank goodness we didn't win that battle!)

18 months ago Benitez was still manager and you were still a Champions League team.

I don't think Chelsea has done anything untoward (no more than what usually goes on). There have been no public comments about liking the player or anything like that. The club already bid for him last summer so he's long been aware of the interest.

I just think if he wants out he could have handled it better rather than leaving it so late that we may not get what we deserve or fail to replace him.

He's still a class 'A' cnut though IMO :lol:

but finally glad we're getting some (or trying to) players that will make the 1st team better, not the squad, not the youth nor reserves. but the first team. ashley young would have been nice, or even SWP.

Agree re the first team, we need quality now !!

Regarding Young, I think we may hear of a deal before midnight, for him and Adam hopefuly.

If we end up with Carroll, Suarez, and Young or Adam then I wone be too upset the Torres goes. and i'd love to be at the game next sunday if he does. :lol:

You never know, it may all go completely tis up and we end up with Carroll, Suarez and Torres !!

Several sources now reporting that Liverpool's Carroll bid accepted.
Guess that means the Torres deal is now officially done too.

Aberdeen sign Jason Lowe on loan from Blackburn...better than nowt!

BOMSHELL!

Blackburn Rovers teenager Jason Lowe will not be joining Aberdeen on loan. Dons manager Craig Brown had been confident that the 19-year-old central midfielder would make the move to Pittodrie until the end of the season.
However, Rovers now want to keep the England Under-19 international because of injuries they sustained in the FA Cup defeat by Aston Villa on Saturday.

So that's Torres and Luiz nearly sorted... If the third player I'm hearing rumours of signs as well - I'll be :D:D:D:D:D:D:D for the rest of the week...

go on ron gourlay you closing warrior!

i still can't get my head round how much money torres is costing us (and i think luiz is the better signing). however, it's lovely watching the bin dippers squirm. their sweetheart sacked them off for the chels. can't wait for sunday - there are some immense songs doing the rounds already.

Back