January Transfer Deadline Day

Morbyd

So, got the BBC feed open in a browser tab and waiting to find out that CFC have overpaid for some Spanish striker :lol:

What have we got so far?

Stephen Pinnaer - Everton to Spurs, permanent
Robbie Keane - Spurs to West Ham, loan
Jamie O'Hara - Spurs to Wolves, loan
Gael Kakuta - Chelsea to Fulham, loan
Patrick van Anholdt - Chelsea to Leicester, loan
Ryan Babel - Liverpool to Hoffenheim, permanent
Darren Bent - Sunderland to Aston Villa, permanent
Roque Santa Cruz - Manchester City to Blackburn, loan
Wayne Bridge - Man City to West Ham, loan

Torres, Adam, SWP, Tuncay, Luiz all in the fray today. The Hammers need more help to avoid relegation. Spurs and Man City like to spend money for fun. Could get interesting :)

Great Twitter comment on the BBC feed:
"Emile Heskey has been spotted at Newcastle. Though, to be fair, he was probably aiming for Middlesbrough." :lol:

and this one
"Being an Arsenal fan on deadline day is like being in detention at school and watching other kids play outside!" :lol:

Konchesky just went to Forrest. Poor guy... didn't have a long stay at Liverpool, did he? :lol:

I would imagine his Mum's Facebook page is experiencing a deluge of friend requests from the Nottingham area right now!:lol:

Daily Mirror journo saying a bid for FT has been accepted by Liverpool.

Wonder if we'll have to sign Kevin Nolan as part of the Carroll deal?

:lol:

talk yesterday at the city match that stephen ireland is off to newcastle?
That was in the papers over the weekend. Loan until the end of the season.

Interesting replacement lined up for Villa - U.S. international Mike Bradley from Borussia Mogobblygook. Good player.

I always enjoy the manufactured 'drama' on TDD

knowing full well that it will make sweet fa difference to the outcome of either the Premier League or the Champions League :D

Yep, that's everywhere (although some reports say it was actually 25 mil and the Geordies are exaggerating). Will they bid again? Will Ole 'Arry come in with a competing offer?

I dont rate him at that price, but id love to see him in our shirt. Alongside Suarez sounds a nice combo 8) (with Torres wilting on the subs bench until end of season)

I dont rate him at that price, but id love to see him in our shirt. Alongside Suarez sounds a nice combo 8) (with Torres wilting on the subs bench until end of season)

Was it your goodself, or Gregotello, who posted about Torres buying into the club's history etc etc when his departure was muted before? :p

Was it your goodself, or Gregotello, who posted about Torres buying into the club's history etc etc when his departure was muted before? :p

Prob both of us. He's turning out to be a cnut of the highest order now, he's obviously been plotting with Chelsea to do the business at the end of jan so to avoid an auction, he always said we would 'never' play for another pl club, and always maintained hed see out his contract. Class 'A' lying twunt. I never thought it'd be mostly about the money, but thats how it appears now. Shame but no one is above any club, at least we'll be making a sweet 30mill profit.

i'd love for Chelsea not to make the CL places now hahaha, and I cant wait for him to come to us in a few weeks, that is if hes not injured :lol:

The Torres to Chelsea deal has apparently broken down after John Terry failed to agree terms with Torres' wife.

Also Sir Alex Ferguson has issued a hands off warning to Chelsea in relation to a rumoured approach for his star Howard Webb

The Torres to Chelsea deal has apparently broken down after John Terry failed to agree terms with Torres' wife.

Also Sir Alex Ferguson has issued a hands off warning to Chelsea in relation to a rumoured approach for his star Howard Webb

:lol:

Apparently we're going after Caroll for 35 mill :eek: He's injured FFS, how can he pass a medical ????

Prob both of us. He's turning out to be a cnut of the highest order now, he's obviously been plotting with Chelsea to do the business at the end of jan so to avoid an auction, he always said we would 'never' play for another pl club, and always maintained hed see out his contract. Class 'A' lying twunt. I never thought it'd be mostly about the money, but thats how it appears now. Shame but no one is above any club, at least we'll be making a sweet 30mill profit.

i'd love for Chelsea not to make the CL places now hahaha, and I cant wait for him to come to us in a few weeks, that is if hes not injured :lol:

Well I wouldnt get too excited rumour is you are offering £35 Million for Carroll as soon as this Torres thing goes through!

Blah blah blah. Players always say things like that. Nothing new. Doesn't make him a cnut. Things change, people change... and a lot has changed at Anfield since he arrived.

The big question is... would he make his debut on Sunday... against Liverpool? :eek:

Well I wouldnt get too excited rumour is you are offering £35 Million for Carroll as soon as this Torres thing goes through!

It's wooden dollars though isn't it?

Is Carroll 70% as good as Torres?

Very possibly, and he's a lot younger.

If FT wants to go, there could be worse outcomes than Carroll with Suarez TBH.

Back