Internet Dating

I signed myself up to Plentyoffish and had a huge response prob 300 messages in 2 days which was amazing for the ego. There were LOADS of guys obviously after one thing, but what appeared to be a lot of genuine guys too, i exchanged details with about 10 but then when it came down to it I have been too busy to meet with any of them. I will def, def give it a go in about 6 months when I feel a bit more open to meeting that special someone.

My best friend lives in London and has never really had a serious BF I did a profile for her on Mysinglefriend and she has now been with the guy she met on there for 2 years, he is very close to popping the question (i think) so it def works.

I know at lest 4 other couples that have met this way, give it a go

ahhh man no time to really put my input on the subject but il say Yay

Esp as im seeing the dude tonight i met on there a few weeks back :D aaaaaaaaand its looking promosing and ive been dating for like 2 years and can probably say thats me done in the dating game *rouch wood*...

But its better to regret something you did do that to regret something you didnt - so give it a go, wont know until you tried 8)

I'd say yay. I know quite a few friends who have got decent relationships out of it and others got the fun they wanted too. Anything is worth a try once and as Vic says better to regret doing something than regret not doing it.

I'd say go for it.
Personally, I've not had a huge amount of luck, but I've not put in a huge amount of effort, either.

Go for it. Guy I sit opposite met his wife on there, they are now married with baby on the way. What a happy ending :p

Goferit but watch your own judgements and manage your expectations.

Internet dating is effectively a hall of mirrors that will amplify all your insecurities...so make sure your intent is grounded in the right place.

Real life situations are much better but we're all a bit autistic in our communications these days so hiding behind a screen seems to be part of our culture.

My mate is going to marry his POF partner next February (after a few false starts) So it definitely works for some.

Signed up to POF but all the women seem to be fat so cancelled.

heather.jpg

She don't rev your engine, shane?

update: went on just to remind myself there is plenty out there & to move on. have been chatting to someone who seems ultra nice & she wants to meet for a drink. :p

she's going to assume it's a rebound thing & run a mile? :(

Back