impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
cova santa having been there a couple of times - invited mind :cool: - if i had the money i would go there a lot. the food is spectacular, the setting incredible, the service second to none - and you've got great djs playing there. it is expensive, but that's my 2c. worth it if you can pay it imo.

can't wait for cova santa to be back with proper parties next year - it's one of my favourite venues

After a few weeks of constantly changing our minds (yes we are going one day/no we aren't the next)

Me and the Mrs have moved our September week to July next Year. so it's 2 Years without a visit to the island 😭. Gutted but with work, kids, money, virus etc we couldn't risk not returning after our week. Shit feeling tho, seriously missing the place

belgian week…

View attachment 12273
@greg1183 & yours truly on a steamy hot night in the port with a lot of cuba libres

View attachment 12274
@mr_sick and family & me at sa figuera borda (aka the cala conta rave cave) on a balearic outdoor adventure exploration 😉
Always very nice to meet Stivi for a few.sss cuba libre at a house in the campo first and then in the port for ending the night ( well I ended the next day after sunrise for my part 😅) was almost full moon that night and the moon was very mystical( yellow dark ) when you are in the campo it’s quiet unique 🙂!
all in all i spent a very nice week and will be back very soon for more 🥳

Ps: I met Stivi not long time ago ( may this year even if I ve been on the forum for years and been coming to ibiza for 20 years ) I wanted to say that It’s not every day that you meet awesome like minded people like Mr Stivi , I just wanted to say it 😛
merci mon ami 👌

cova santa having been there a couple of times - invited mind :cool: - if i had the money i would go there a lot. the food is spectacular, the setting incredible, the service second to none - and you've got great djs playing there. it is expensive, but that's my 2c. worth it if you can pay it imo.

can't wait for cova santa to be back with proper parties next year - it's one of my favourite venues

Agree. Though the worry is are they making more with this mass premium experience than a normal night in 2019? A full expensive restaurant, everyone having to buy bottles at €500+. Isn’t this what many people always wanted? Less people paying a lot more?

palmarama at ushuaïa impressions from tonight

my wingman @W_I_C and I had the pleasure of being able to sample, test and taste ushuaïa's palmarama concept tonight. we got there at around 9pm which meant we'd just missed fideles, and tale of us had just started playing.

before I say anything else I wanna point out that I hadn't heard a proper loud and great sounding club sound system since dc10 nyd 2020. I've had a few small private shindigs with friends, but clubbing to me is when you feel the bass in your chest and oh boy it was good to have this feeling back 18 months later. even though we couldn't dance our asses off, we truly enjoyed being hit by a big soundsystem and a selection of good tunes (I'll add a few IDs later or tomorrow or maybe @W_I_C will, there was some class tuneage)

as you all know palmarama is a table-only format, which is simply 'doing what's possible on the balearics right now'. team TNL have done a really good job transforming their stadium-like ushuaïa stage and floor into an area which, I think, beach club would be the closest comparison. there have been photos floating around online which a lot of you have seen I believe, the front part has a sandy floor and there are palm trees everywhere so it's really quite different (and IMO it looks nice) compared to the usual ushuaïa setup. it's more intimate, it's less of a festival feel (which I sometimes had in there but that might be just me). the production is also far simpler compared to the usual ushuaïa standard, but I actually prefer it that way anyway. sound over gimmicks.

because of the pandemic I hadn't heard a proper TOU set for almost two years and even though it was a little too trancey for me here and there, I really enjoyed the three hours we got from them generally.

looking around everyone seemed to have a really good time...

after having seen the venue setup and how it all pans out, my maybe quite unexpected resume (especially for those who know me a little) would be that if you do wanna hit one of the palmarama events, and if you do have the money for it, go for one of the better tables towards the front.

@W_I_C over to you!

Having done the sit-down format a few times in the UK, I wasn't expecting much. But I'll have to be honest, this far exceeded my expectation. (although, of course, the difference in price between each version is considerable)

The music was certainly loud enough, maybe even louder than what Ushuaïa is used to, and certainly better quality

I also liked what they had done with the palm trees and it didn't matter to me that I couldn't see TOU. (though we did walk through briefly and get a glimpse) I thought it looked pretty atmospheric with the dry ice rising through the leafs

Although I've been big fans of TOU in the past, I grew a little tiresome of them and was never a big fan of Afterlife at Hï. Maybe it's the result of 17-months off, but I thought what they played today overall was good. It certainly made me want to dance. This included 4-5 really big tracks that were deserving of a proper party.

Interestingly, especially at the beginning of their set, they did still play a few recognisable tracks from 2018 and 2019, as well as a few classics later on.

I was driving and only had a few beers whilst there. But boy, it was tempting to really get involved. Had to restrain myself from saying "f*** it" and abandoning the car. Had I done that, I feel for sure I would stood and had a cheeky dance until I got told to sit back down. I never really got that urge at the UK events.

I echo what @stivi says: if you want to do and you've got the funds to do it, then dig that little deeper and pay "a little more" for the tables at the front. Those seats are worth the extra

Could I afford/justify the cost paying for me or me+1? No, personally, i couldn't. But if 2 more mates want to get involved and split the cost 4-ways, suddenly I'm considering it if I want to have one big night on my holiday

Just as a side note, while I'm not big on VIP, I'm not anti it either, and on a rare occasion I have treated myself and my other half to it a few times. Including at Pacha. Well, if you have a large enough group of you, the price is comparable per head

Had a browse of the menu. Some eye-watering prices the more lavish you feel (then again, when hasn't there been?) But also a few items that struck me as being good value by comparison. Anybody a fan of Cognac? Or Hierbas?

Ushuaia have done a great job, given the circumstances

Last edited:
an add-on. @W_I_C and me were just talking now and going through all the shazams we took last night.

first time in over a year and a half I'm somehow excited about new tunes. it's such a difference if you have the opportunity to hear them out on a big booming soundsystem.

we'll put up a few of them choons later.

an add-on. @W_I_C and me were just talking now and going through all the shazams we took last night.

first time in over a year and a half I'm somehow excited about new tunes. it's such a difference if you have the opportunity to hear them out on a big booming soundsystem.

we'll put up a few of them choons later.

I wanna work in your office! 🎉

You’re at the bar already?! Solid effort

hahaha no.

I think we did mention it at some point in here, but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me on that. anyway, it's not a secret, spotlight giving up its office was one of the very first measures we took when the pandemic kicked off. so we all work from home...but yes of course we do sometimes very important team meetings in bars etc ;)

Interesting and good reviews. Going with a +1 end August, but may look around to see if we can pair up as could justify the cost for this or Cova Santa + bottle service split 4 ways I think. Do prices vary per event or just minimum spend? And what was the damage on a bottle of gin or vodka (0.7 or 1.75?)

Interesting and good reviews. Going with a +1 end August, but may look around to see if we can pair up as could justify the cost for this or Cova Santa + bottle service split 4 ways I think. Do prices vary per event or just minimum spend? And what was the damage on a bottle of gin or vodka (0.7 or 1.75?)
I'm pretty sure that prices started from €450 for 70cl vodka and similar, maybe a bit more, for gin at Ushuaïa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back