impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

On masks, the message to DC10 “try harder next time”.

On drugs, the message to the punters is beware the police. Both the GC and Policia Local were set up just outside the entrance, once you cleared the car-park queue, randomly pulling out people for the full body search.

On drugs, the message to the punters is beware the police. Both the GC and Policia Local were set up just outside the entrance, once you cleared the car-park queue, randomly pulling out people for the full body search.
ok its been 3 years for me so my memory isnt as fresh, but were they always this "hard" in searching for things before entering clubs?

Usually GC hit the opening parties / early season fairly hard I think to 'send out a message' but drops off. Easy pickings targeting the only club open on the island really. Were they searching everyone ? Or just those they 'liked' the look of ?

ok its been 3 years for me so my memory isnt as fresh, but were they always this "hard" in searching for things before entering clubs?

Saw it often , especially in front of DC10. 2km away , at Salinas , the dealers walk along the beach and ask everyone for Ganja or something.
Nothing happens. Same in Dalt Vila at some times. Dont have to understand this. Not my cup of tea. Think they want to show : We are existing.

Let's hope Circoloco get what they deserve for treating their customers/fanbase like shit and at the same time hope other venues are not punished for their behavior.
I’d be careful what you wish for. While five hour queues and €80 entry fees are very excessive and smack of very poor customer service, it’s not that long ago that DC10 was closed for an entire season by authorities. That not only hurt them, but also the clubbers too. People will remember the customer service and eventually choose to stay away if it continues.

blimey, bit of a vibe killer. Presume full body search is a ruffle through pockets and a pat down, not a full squat and cough job?

The madness of it. I'm glad the police / bouncers in UK actually seem to be showing some compassion toward the fact we have just missed almost 2 years of our lives no one is getting that back. Let the people live a little already 😄 every event I've been to post lurgy times so far the doors have been a total breeze actually seeing security having a bit of crack on with everyone (for once)

The more I'm hearing about Monday the worst a feel for people in attendance. First real taste of proper nightlife and seems to have been a spaghetti junction shit show

I’m sure everyone knows that masks and clubbing and unworkable in practice, the authorities included, but it requires everyone to collectively turn a bit of a blind eye to the elephant in the room for it to continue. Interesting times ahead!
Or you can just explicitly allow clubbing without masks. Here in Germany, clubs currently have a choice between no masks and vaccinated guests only, or masks and accepting unvaccinated (albeit tested) guests too.

They checked right at the front door - scanned the barcode with a proper scanner thing
Where are you vaccinated? If UK, did you just show the NHS app and their scanner could pick up the QR code? The reason I ask is because, in some EU countries, he QR code generated by the NHS app isn't working...

Where are you vaccinated? If UK, did you just show the NHS app and their scanner could pick up the QR code? The reason I ask is because, in some EU countries, he QR code generated by the NHS app isn't working...
no, i was vaccinated here in Ibiza. I think if it wouldnt scan, they would just check the dates and whatever else and let you in. This happened at the airport for me

DC10 was always the place where you'd be rumoured to get strip searched. Put me off massively going there

Whaaat? I didn’t even see a tent, let alone people getting pulled out. Maybe they started that a bit later on? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back