impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think , we wont get that back ?
Im sure @stivi will give an end of season review as normal. Be interesting to see how the Island has faired without the clubs. Less pissed up brits and more families, restaurants all packed instead of the bars & the only really clubbing is to sit down and pay £550 for a bottle of vodka where the music is turned off at 12 o’clock…some could argue this is what some of the residents/council want for good…..

Im sure @stivi will give an end of season review as normal. Be interesting to see how the Island has faired without the clubs. Less pissed up brits and more families, restaurants all packed instead of the bars & the only really clubbing is to sit down and pay £550 for a bottle of vodka where the music is turned off at 12 o’clock…some could argue this is what some of the residents/council want for good…..

Well, for what it’s worth, I found places to be quite expensive in comparison to previous times - (and that is not a complaint as I understand that businesses need to recoup lost earnings from the past year). I was willing to pay…However, I’m not sure long term we will see the same understanding.

What I see is definitely a class change which is a bit bizarre. That’s the way things are going I guess.

just got back from a somewhat different yet amazing trip to the island.

like many other have pointed out there certainly is an obviously different feel to Ibiza this year (no shock) it is very strange and sad to see the missing clubbers and general night owls kicking about all over. the event posters not shot up all over the place and the lack of billboards to look at whilst moving around the island. that being said we had the best time! so chilled and we actually made it out the hotel early doors every day with no serious hangover / consumption aftermath to deal with. our entry to Spain / return to UK was a doddle! smoother than most years.. the testing and forms to fill in we breezed through no issue at all too. anyone who is still on the fence about a trip this year because of worry over it all needn't worry the Spanish were very welcoming, patient and efficient on our entry which set the tone straight away for us and the rest of the trip and experiences followed so if we can do it hassle free im sure others will be aswell

we didn't really party too hard and with the 1am curfew at the bars this helped along with that but again not complaining as we got a few restaurant's ticked off our hit list we have been yet to try. the weather was great besides a stormy morning and our last day was overcast but all in all we have come back with a serious tan (happy days)

like others have pointed out if there is restaurant's you are really wanting to go book up book up book up! our last night we had nothing booked and tried our luck at El Bistro De Stephan and got met with a long que wait.. but others like Golden Buddha we tried our luck and got straight in so totally depends on your luck / days / times i guess but i would recommend booking non the less

we spent alot of time in Old town as the buzz about the place was mammoth. bars on the harbour front that we have seen struggling every other year all packed out as were all other streets, it was great to see

we didn't bother with any beach clubs / sit down events as UK clubbing is full pelt right now just didn't personally see the point so can't comment on any of that side.

Mambos was noticeably very quiet for August (for the sunset) although went came back passing later a few times and it seemed to have gotten a few more heads down

the wife and I both agree that although its a different kind of trip to previous it will be one we will remember with fondness as it was a nice time to soak up some more authentic Ibizan atmosphere.

Not going to do a detailed review as currently still getting over the 5 days on the island. All I will say is, my god it was good to be back. @TiffyBennett1 recommended the beach star hotel and I have to say a huge THANKYOU. Basic rooms but the vibe by the pool and the social aspect of the hotel was simply perfect. Special shout out to Vicky behind the bar who was just lovely to a rowdy group of Essex guys causing chaos all day!

One thing I will advise is that like many of us the last 18 months haven't been the best for me with lockdowns and various other issues, this meant that when I did eventually arrive on the island I went from 0-100 so damn fast....and basically didn't stop until the day I came home...this made for a god awful flight home, so my advice is - although it will be amazing to be back, try to pace yourself - we are all 2 years older after all ;)

Anyway, got smashed at Mambos and booked to go with the wife in 3 weeks...see you soon my beautiful white isle :) x

Not going to do a detailed review as currently still getting over the 5 days on the island. All I will say is, my god it was good to be back. @TiffyBennett1 recommended the beach star hotel and I have to say a huge THANKYOU. Basic rooms but the vibe by the pool and the social aspect of the hotel was simply perfect. Special shout out to Vicky behind the bar who was just lovely to a rowdy group of Essex guys causing chaos all day!

One thing I will advise is that like many of us the last 18 months haven't been the best for me with lockdowns and various other issues, this meant that when I did eventually arrive on the island I went from 0-100 so damn fast....and basically didn't stop until the day I came home...this made for a god awful flight home, so my advice is - although it will be amazing to be back, try to pace yourself - we are all 2 years older after all ;)

Anyway, got smashed at Mambos and booked to go with the wife in 3 weeks...see you soon my beautiful white isle :) x

good to see someones eventually had a heavy one:lol:

General vibe is relaxed. You can dance to your heart's content in the pool! You could probably get away with a spot of isolated dancing by your own bed/table, but it's likely to be shut down if you get too energised/too many of you/goes on too long. Just get in the pool is the solution

My tips are that the food is surprisingly good (both the ceviche and the goats cheese salad were really good). The cocktails can appear poor value for money, because they're so loaded with ice, though, arguably that was needed on a day like yesterday, but better to get a bottle with your minimum spend in any case.

If it's not usually your thing and you identify as "older", then I would suggest to avoid Tuesdays and Fridays and look at Thursdays (IF it stays as WILDCHILD! - so far confirmed until the end of August only) or Saturdays

We did a day here - held our nerve and some sunloungers came up at a reasonable price. Music started off fairly chilled hed kandi type vibes and got into a nice vibe. Very Housey but wouldn’t be out of place early on in DC10 for Circo Loco. Service is bang on, as the price would dictate but nice for a full day out, good music and plenty of ‘dancing’ in the pool to round our trip off.

Some of you probably already know it but a special mention for Chirincana, under the trees by es canar mkt/camping. Such good fun. Totally new discovery for me this evening. Small stage there and a decent system. Very much on the Malanga funk/reggae/dub musical tip. (Malanga's on hiatus, possibly closed permanently I heard ☹️ ). Has a vaguely hippy/alt feel to it. ALL sorts gathered there + some cheeky d**cing going on at times... deffo one i'll be back for

Last edited:
Some of you probably already know it but a special mention for Chirincana, under the trees by es canar mkt/camping. Such good fun. Totally new discovery for me this evening. Small stage there and a decent system. Very much on the Malanga funk/reggae/dub musical tip. (Malanga's on hiatus, possibly closed permanently I heard ☹️ ). Has a vaguely hippy/alt feel to it. ALL sorts gathered there + some cheeky d**cing going on at times... deffo one i'll be back for
Great little spot. Did the coastal walk around there from Es Canar a few weeks back - was lovely!

Turned up at la torre at around 19.45 last night to be turned away ("por motivo de COVID, lo siento") alongside some v disappointed Dutch girls for not pre-booking, even though we all would've happily settled for a drink/plastic cup to take on the rocks, so the 'turned away' just went on the rocks anyway via the side path, except without a drink, so am guessing that policy may be costing their bar a few sales. Didn't make sense to me but anyway, we made it in time. Dunno who was playing last night. Nice unfamiliar version of EBTG 'missing' as the sun disappeared.

Turned up at la torre at around 19.45 last night to be turned away ("por motivo de COVID, lo siento") alongside some v disappointed Dutch girls for not pre-booking, even though we all would've happily settled for a drink/plastic cup to take on the rocks, so the 'turned away' just went on the rocks anyway via the side path, except without a drink, so am guessing that policy may be costing their bar a few sales. Didn't make sense to me but anyway, we made it in time. Dunno who was playing last night. Nice unfamiliar version of EBTG 'missing' as the sun disappeared.
I messaged hlt a few weeks ago and they said :

1. I couldn’t just book a table for drinks
2.they were fully booked for the next 4 weeks (at the time i messaged)

didn’t seem as helpful/ inviting as other places i’ve spoken to so i’ll be giving it a swerve

Yeah i wasn't even thinking about a table. Just wanted to stop off at the bar, but they weren't having it. My guess is they don't want the building overrun with people passing through

Moral of story is B.Y.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back