impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hostal la torre is a tourist trap as Mambo ...

i just saw some videos from a contact very bound to nightlife (the kind of guy that go to ibz after parties including the KAVE,candyland can chouchou. )
Mood for satori at beach house sounds chilly on outdoor place
People were filming around the dj booth, i guess i could afford those 250€ at cova Santa but i dont think it worth even i like Satori
The video from ushuaia palmaraxxx i still can't remind this name with Black Coffee b2b french dj Salomé sounds good but 500-1000€ for this vibe is too much VIP afic
Some french dj getting back to the white island and making parties for closer circle :cool: im sure if getting back to the white island and same policy as this year i may ask to to a few of them (and include closest mates too) and find some stuff to get busy after 1h00 am

looks like 4 people in san an bay, reggea brach bar is a spot

I think they will extend from 1 to 2 in the next days.

Some events are really expensive. But Ibiza was expensive before. Normal entrance to pacha plus 2 drinks : Not far from 100 E / person.
Plus restaurant before : Min 250 E for 2 people , maybe 300 for the evening . Not far away from Cova Santa today.

Ok , you can dance

Last edited:
Two days in and we are absolutely loving our trip …. Something about best part of two years locked up (willingly) to make you appreciate the little things … our hotel room is small … fell of a broken chair at breakfast and they overcharged us but really don’t care … every second being here is like being born again or maybe that’s the rose at lunch on a Monday … the real Sassette’s catch phrase for the holiday is saying “it’s f***ing brilliant” every ten minutes

Hostal la torre is a tourist trap as Mambo ...

i just saw some videos from a contact very bound to nightlife (the kind of guy that go to ibz after parties including the KAVE,candyland can chouchou. )
Mood for satori at beach house sounds chilly on outdoor place
People were filming around the dj booth, i guess i could afford those 250€ at cova Santa but i dont think it worth even i like Satori
The video from ushuaia palmaraxxx i still can't remind this name with Black Coffee b2b french dj Salomé sounds good but 500-1000€ for this vibe is too much VIP afic
Some french dj getting back to the white island and making parties for closer circle :cool: im sure if getting back to the white island and same policy as this year i may ask to to a few of them (and include closest mates too) and find some stuff to get busy after 1h00 am

looks like 4 people in san an bay, reggea brach bar is a spot

Totally agree at Hostal la Torre, it used to be a great place until the Mambo brothers got their hands on it.

Im surprised they are not trying to stop people sitting on rocks below or have security posted around the place.

What is sa Trinxa like these days? Is music playing? Do people dance, or is it strictly table service only?

Had a great time at Cova Santa last night for Shadows with Tom Zeta, Magdalena and Honey Dijon. We shared a table with a lovely Dutch/Belgian couple we met on a Magdalena Facebook fan page. Stickers on cameras worked a treat and there was an excellent vibe. “Live” Music stopped at midnight and then they played a “set” at a lower volume for one or two hours although we left at about 12.30 to carry on “el balcon” … surprising amount of “youngsters” there given the cost … we probably spent about 200 of the 800 prepaid deposit so Cova Santa onto a big winner

so we went back to Cova Santa for Adana Twins and it was a lot of fun but not quite the heights of Tuesday as much less well attended and less clued up crowd. Extra stickers provided for front phone cameras as it seems too many not adhering to the rules. Milou played nice warm up but mostly shy Brits on the main floor no one would get up but luckily our Belgian/Dutch friends joined us at last minute after a day on the piss at Tanit Beach with 300 Dutchies. They got up first and Milou appreciated it a lot. Adana Twins came on at 9.30pm and upped the tempo but then took it down a bit but overall it was good if a little lacklustre ending. Overall impression was that although this a Renaissance event and the guy that runs it was in attendance he hasn’t really got the knack of social media promotion and didn’t bother with any stage set up. They also had a few of the sort of Cova Santa dressed up characters (mad cleaner, bloke dressed as some sort of “wild” tribal) and at one point they got on the stage and where dicking about which pretty sure the DJs didn’t appreciate. Interestingly cost of bottles was much lower than Shadows and we had some wine (€100) and pizza that ate more into the minimum spend.

People who went to Cova Santa:

We have a booking but in the restaurant bit, asked for one of the 6 tables facing the main floor + DJ booth. Are you completely cut off from the fun when you sit up there?

Our group is made up of 3 Electro Heads and 3 non-Electro Heads so I thought that would be a good middle ground to avoid the huge minimum spends below but am now fearing there will be 0 party vibes up there.

+ beyond Sa Trinxa and Chirincana, which other spots were people dancing at?

Not including O-Beach, Pikes or Ushuaia’s Palmarama

People who went to Cova Santa:

We have a booking but in the restaurant bit, asked for one of the 6 tables facing the main floor + DJ booth. Are you completely cut off from the fun when you sit up there?

Our group is made up of 3 Electro Heads and 3 non-Electro Heads so I thought that would be a good middle ground to avoid the huge minimum spends below but am now fearing there will be 0 party vibes up there.
I don't know about "zero party vibes", there will still be a good atmosphere there. Have you been to venue before? That level literally overlooks the main floor. Seeing as you have half your group not so into the music, I think it's a good spot

Technically dancing is off limits at all those places you listed and everywhere else, but if you have a read back through the recent pages on this thread and the gossip thread, you will get some pointers

I don't know about "zero party vibes", there will still be a good atmosphere there. Have you been to venue before? That level literally overlooks the main floor. Seeing as you have half your group not so into the music, I think it's a good spot

Technically dancing is off limits at all those places you listed and everywhere else, but if you have a read back through the recent pages on this thread and the gossip thread, you will get some pointers
Thanks for your reply. Never been but saw the table layout and there’s plenty of table at the back of the restaurant where you’d be cut off from everything.

Been reading through the forum for a few days now, lots of gold nuggets in here!

Feedback of our fortieth travel to Ibiza.......

Some prices have really increased like :

- Sunbed on Atzaro beach : + 30€
- CBBC some plates and sunbed have increased of : 20%
- New restaurants like "Marea Beach Club" it is a tourist trap!

Some places are no change like :

- Baï-Baï restaurant, Cotton, Bar 1805, Amante......
- No change also for "Las Dalias", "Hippy Market Punta Arabi" or "San Joan".

Closing time is now : 2AM > 6AM.

All the people with whom I spoke are happy with their season and especially the month of August.
It's the first strange travel because everyone is wondering what will happen in the next few months.
2, 3 business owners told me that a season like summer 2019 would be fatal to them.

Many premises are also for sale or rental.
"Heart" does not even have its sign anymore (as we had seen on this forum).

Many people like the "Taxis", some "traders" are very happy with their season because they had another clientele.
But the question always remains the same: What does Ibiza want as a clientele? VIP's to compete with Monaco, Cannes, Dubai, etc ...?
For me this is not Ibiza, it is not the origin of this island its essence.
Ibiza must remain Ibiza and not take the wrong direction.
Ibiza must remain open to all and find again her music ... This is his soul ....
It suffices to better supervise or limit the drifts.

The day Ibiza becomes the VIP island, it will be time for me to turn the page of more than 20 years of love for this island.
Fortunately at the moment we have a few typical local restaurants and the north of the island to relive the Ibiza that we have always loved.

The countdown for the next trip is now on : 278 days 06 hours 50 minutes 39 seconds

Without COVID we hope !

Attachments

• 241042648_10227202761872659_2332538676208320609_n.jpg
    241042648_10227202761872659_2332538676208320609_n.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 241359098_10227209882730676_886016985492398267_n.jpg
    241359098_10227209882730676_886016985492398267_n.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 241405326_10227215062180159_4491674581546805673_n.jpg
    241405326_10227215062180159_4491674581546805673_n.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 241451695_10227221078170555_5387934008917063868_n.jpg
    241451695_10227221078170555_5387934008917063868_n.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 241690284_10227226524186702_1990551519709796773_n.jpg
    241690284_10227226524186702_1990551519709796773_n.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 241691530_10227226524546711_5613624499674310738_n.jpg
    241691530_10227226524546711_5613624499674310738_n.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 241710900_10227230952457406_1269012739856739723_n.jpg
    241710900_10227230952457406_1269012739856739723_n.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 241773739_10227240880105591_33357498905477954_n.jpg
    241773739_10227240880105591_33357498905477954_n.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi all,
It may be usefull to some of you, so here is my feedback after a bit more than a week on the island. (First week of sept)

Overall the rule of "No dancing" applies, there are some places which are really strict and some more relaxed. Most places are almost fully booked, so better book in advance or you may end up with no table/spot.

I visited quite a lot of places in a week with friends, so it is based on my own experience :

1. Nikki beach : not a big party place and very far, but for me it was the best beachclub. Good service a very good atmosphere, animations and a nice swimming pool to chat and have some kind of party feeling. Went twice. Take a bed next to the pool, it is worth it. 5/5

2. Ocean beach : better than last year, busy, but still quite strict and nothing to be compared with the "No covid time". 3/5

3. Rock hotel : not very busy, quite cheap, younger, had good music, you can have fun in the pool but better go with a group or you may feel a bit lonely. I didn't stay till late (left at 7pm). maybe it is better afterward, when guests of the hotel come back. 3/5

4. Cala bassa : business as usual, relaxing time on a comfy bed. No added value from the taittinger lounge btw. Ne sure to book a return taxi in advance or you may wait for >1h to get one.

5. Lio : nice show, fancy place and overpriced (but you know that in advance), no dancing, beautifull people.. 2/5

6. Cova Santa : very good surprise even if a bit expensive. If u want to feel some kind of party just go there, you won't be disappointed. Very good and fast service. Book a table on the dancefloor, eat before because the restaurant is so-so. On the dancefloor the finger food menu is also limited in choice and overpriced( truffle or caviar pizza, super mini simple burger , bread with oil). Better to go there to take a bottle(or two). Went there 2 days in a row because it was really cool and there was Sven V. second day. If u are a party people, just don't hesitate to go there! Dj stops at 12, but music continues a bit more.. 5/5

7. Las dalias : very nice and cosy place. Reasonably-priced ("cheap") , No dancing. Good music and food. A bit far but worth the investment in time and taxi.4/5

8. Ushuaia palmarama : went there on Friday for D. Guetta. Very disappointing unless you have a vip table in the very front. "Regular tables" or hotel guest access was not worth the visit, even if free. You hear some music, but you don't even see a proper lightshow. I don't even know if the DJ was there or not.. we had to wait for 45 min cause they have limited space for hotel guest and you can't book this area, so be early..
1/5

Also make sure to book restaurant in the evening or they may be fully booked.

Hope this can help someone.

Cheers!

Got back from the island 3 days ago, spent a week, here are my observations:
- Cova Santa is by far the most fun place right now. Been there twice, Wednesday for Sven and Friday for Audiofly and Birds of Mind. Both nights music was great. It was nice to see Sven again, he was in good mood and backstage with Solomun and friends was looking fun. We had one of the best tables and it was totally worth it. Did not have dinner there, just went for partying. Everyone was partying, it was almost like pre-covid days.
- Reservations are a must!
- Cala gracioneta for lunch was amazing.
- Casa jondal very nice and cool place. More for couples.
- Casa Maca has great vibes for dinner.
- Can Balafia for casual steak dinner!!!
- Blue marlin - was very British, sunday was fun, I hear other days it is not full.
- Being there in September, there were more couples, older crowd. More locals.

In general we had an amazing trip as usual. Of course we missed partying afterhours in a club but we spent more time partying at the villa. People are looking for options to continue after midnight and we met a lot of great people from all over Europe.

BTW it was less expensive than July or August.

Hi Guys,
we will be in ibiza tomorrow until sunday. Looking for a place where we can dance for god sake! If not in a club, does anyone know a place on the beach where we can enjoy ourself with beer, music and dance?

We are going to O beach on friday for the swimming pool party. We thought that having the swimming pool, maybe securtity will be more "relax" when in the pool. But not confident it was a good choice.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,
we will be in ibiza tomorrow until sunday. Looking for a place where we can dance for god sake! If not in a club, does anyone know a place on the beach where we can enjoy ourself with beer, music and dance?

We are going to O beach on friday for the swimming pool party. We thought that having the swimming pool, maybe securtity will be more "relax" when in the pool. But not confident it was a good choice.

Thanks!

If you're in the pool, no one will bat an eyelid about you dancing. You might be able to get away with it at your bed/booth if you have one booked.
I ended up in Hush (next to Eden) on Monday and they were very relaxed on dancing, the bar is a bit dingy but it felt like 2019 again, momentarily at least.

There's also the private back room at Wikiwoo if you happen to be there an hour before closing and they open it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back