I'm back/influential albums decor

I don't have that Metro Area one - educate me please.

I would say it was one of the most vital albums of the last decade - basically kick-starting the revival of nu-yorican druggy disco-infused house in the early 2000s or nu-disco / future disco or whatever the lazy admen want to call it. (everything must have a name! :rolleyes: ) At times it's loungey like 'atmospherique' , at others it unleashes dancefloor semtex particularly in the case of the now-classic 'miura' which always generates pandemonium, a veritable call to arms, a statement of intent by any DJ at the start of a set. and then you've got intriguing tracks like 'orange alert' which I remember sounded so fresh at clubs like 333 in the early 00s when interesting new sounds were starting to emerge from the embers of electroclash. For these reasons alone, I commend it to the house.

How about this mate

51RMv%2BOOt6L._SL500_.jpg

Tbh i dunno if the album is any good but who wouldnt want a pic of Digweed staring back at them from their livign room wall? :lol:

51Dq%2BY3g%2B4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Always like a bit of Marvin! Special mention for this with Got to give it up on it.

Not a D&B fan but Goldie Timeless is pretty special

goldie_timeless.jpg

Digweed = NOOOOOO.

Marvin = Yeah!

Goldie = definitely! (tho more of a Bukem fan here - I love D&B 8))

Roy Ayres - Running away 8)
4 Hero - Black Gold of the Sun remix = also 8)
Trooser jazz - eek forgot the Scruff!

Agree also on Reprazent - they took the live experience of D&B to a new level - amazing.

I do think the genre was a bit better when it was more hardcore junglist tho.

Controversial statement = Inner City life gets on my t!ts a bit. :eek:

If it were me this album probably influenced me more than anything esle. I know its a compilation but it blew my 7 year old mind hearing it for the first time

61qhqYLcnyL._SS500_.jpg
#

82db017b42a0f6a08a063210.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy Ayres - Running away 8)
4 Hero - Black Gold of the Sun remix = also 8)
Trooser jazz - eek forgot the Scruff!

Agree also on Reprazent - they took the live experience of D&B to a new level - amazing.

I do think the genre was a bit better when it was more hardcore junglist tho.

Controversial statement = Inner City life gets on my t!ts a bit. :eek:

not that controversial - there was a certain novelty around it at the time, it (timeless) was like the first jungle 'concept' album, but I would never return to it now. It is exclusively associated in my mind with

1. student
2. weed
3. 1995

I think it opened the door for more mainstream people to get involved in jungle eg everything but the girl, bjork, and er, david bowie (!)

the adam f/alex reece sound was really nice, and yeah bukem too - have some of the logical progressions in a drawer in Spain

Last edited by a moderator:
images

utterly brilliant robo-disco which ushered in the sound of Moroder for a new generation

I think it opened the door for more mainstream people to get involved in jungle

Exactly - and far be it from me to question the genius that is Goldie...but 'Inner City...' sounded a bit naff to me when compared to all the gritty stuff that came before it.

Rob - that's very cool for a 7 year old. Not entirely surprising though - I think if a real love for music is in your blood line then age is kinda irrelevant.

I remember listening to 808 State, Bomb the bass and Coldcut in Primary School. :lol:

...and I was obsessed with Boy George & the Culture Club when I was 4 along with Kraftwerk's 'Model' track which I played over and over on continuous loop. My Dad just didn't get that one (I'm surprised the poor bloke didn't leave the country when I discovered German techno in my teens).

Exactly - and far be it from me to question the genius that is Goldie...but 'Inner City...' sounded a bit naff to me when compared to all the gritty stuff that came before it.

Rob - that's very cool for a 7 year old. Not entirely surprising though - I think if a real love for music is in your blood line then age is kinda irrelevant.

I remember listening to 808 State, Bomb the bass and Coldcut in Primary School. :lol:

...and I was obsessed with Boy George & the Culture Club when I was 4 along with Kraftwerk's 'Model' track which I played over and over on continuous loop. My Dad just didn't get that one (I'm surprised the poor bloke didn't leave the country when I discovered German techno in my teens).

I think my obsession with music was always there. I remember it was one of the first new fangled CDs brought in our house. When my dad put it on as I was too young to be trusted with Dad's brand new Sony Cd player it blew my mind. Before that all I liked was Kids stuff but this opened my ears to proper music, the fact it was kinda mixed too was a revelation. That and Michael Jackson Bad /Thriller

In fact im round my Dad's on Sunday Im gonna see if he still has it somewhere.

I think parents are used to it, I dont think mine ever got my Heavy Metal phase :oops:

When I was reeeeeally little I had one of those front loading cassette/cartridge thingys. It was the failed format that preceeded the cassette tape (rather like the audio equivalent of the betamax video tape). Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I had a Diana Ross and the Supremes album I caned to death.

Gosh reading the above makes me sound ancient - must caveat that statement by saying I'm 32. :oops: :eek:

When I was reeeeeally little I had one of those front loading cassette/cartridge thingys. It was the failed format that preceeded the cassette tape (rather like the audio equivalent of the betamax video tape). Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I had a Diana Ross and the Supremes album I caned to death.

Gosh reading the above makes me sound ancient - must caveat that statement by saying I'm 32. :oops: :eek:

8 track?

8-track-12.jpg

Yeah it looked like that!

I thought an 8 track was a semi-professional thing though... actually ignore me, it probably was one of those.

I felt very posh at the time anyway. All four years of me.

I had an 8 track with radio that I got for my birthday. I don't know if I'm the only one but I used to record music on hifi VHS tapes

Back