I'm back/influential albums decor

I always like the cover of Penthouse and Pavement by Heaven 17. Its captures the 80's excess and still sound fresh to my ears

d1083631969.jpg

Alex Patterson = :eek: (God)

Saw him DJ at a crusty festie last summer and felt compelled to photograph his genius hands.

Whilst not as artistic in a traditional way ,New Order's "Blue Monday" 12 inch die cut sleeve is interesting. Especially for those of us to remember propper floppy discs. ;)

Whilst not as artistic in a traditional way ,New Order's "Blue Monday" 12 inch die cut sleeve is interesting. Especially for those of us to remember propper floppy discs. ;)

they lost a ton of money on that sleeve!!

I used to make the mistake of buying an album on the back of one brilliant single only to find the rest was terrible

eg Sebastien Tellier released the simply amazing 'la ritournelle' around 2004 and I rushed out to get the 'politics' LP and discovered it was er not very good

The follow up 'Sexuality' was good, though, and has a proper bizarre/mucky cover.

the last album I really loved and still frequently return to is probably quiet village 'silent movie'

brilliant use of samples, blissful stoner electronica. 100% balearic.

Awesome album. Not many people know it. Always have a good selection of those tunes on my ipod for the summer. Reminds me of a lot of strange 70s Euro-soft prOn/horror soundtracks too! (Although can't think of a precise example.)

Yeah...original choices with Funkadelic's 'one nation under a groove' instead of 'standing on the verge...'

and the Brainstorm one instead of Primal Scream. Someone may also get ditched for Sylvester too.

Quite sad there's nothing recent in there. :-(

Fun exercise though - next!

Back