If not Ibiza, where will you holiday in 2009?

Then 2 weeks in LA/Vegas - I am dying to go to the states and I know for sure if I dont do it next year I never will and it will be one thing I look back on and feel regret about :lol:

this is what me and a few of the boys are doin....we are goin to give ibiza a mss for one year.

we are doin a week in LA then week in vegas next sept...and i cant wait

I'm doing the annual snowboarding for a couple of weeks in Feb, Washington and Oregon probably, get to see a bit of Seattle and Portland if we go there, the alternative is Salt Lake City in Utah. Then it will def have to be a week in Ibiza, if not in July then I may do the closing parties for a change, probably get out to a family villa in Lanzarote in spring as I should be flying out there....um in about 6 hours ....but as my flights were with XL I'm sittin here planning what to cook for tea tonight instead :-( I had planned to see LA as I've wanted to go for years and then fly over to Hawaii and try my hand at surfing but that's definately going to have to wait until 2010 as I'm moving house this month. I'd love to hear everyone's views on the places they are planning to visit, particularly Croatia and other European summer destinations.

It's nice to hear no one's giving up on the island! I'm also hoping to make it back in June but I'll have to go somewhere afterwards like BCN as straight back to London is just too hard!

I've been to a lot of the Greek islands - except for Mykonos - and while I adored Santorini and Naxos in particular, I found the islands more of a bar/small clubs with commercial music kind of place, but it was 5 years ago. Would love to make it to Mykonos as I hear it's really good fun.

Has anyone been to the Adriatic coast side of Italy? What's it like party-wise in the summer? Otherwise thinking Croatia, everyone's talking about hiring a yacht and sailing around the islands.

And Barbie, Phi Phi is gorgeous. Such a chilled out, beautiful place. Snorkel and sunbake during the day, then a cocktail at sunset, too easy...

this is what me and a few of the boys are doin....we are goin to give ibiza a mss for one year.

Do you have any ideas for prices?

I am finding it so confusing, its making my head ache :oops::confused:

Do you have any ideas for prices?

I am finding it so confusing, its making my head ache :oops::confused:

Flying to LA or Vegas I'd prob not expect to pay more than £350 from London, or about £400 from where I fly - Bham, for hotels in Vegas I used hotels.com and lookd at what offers they had, if you want a themed/glam hotel on the strip but don't want to pay too much the MGM Grand, Luxor and Paris Las Vegas are usually quite good, about £100 a night for a double room, there are budget hotels off the strip, if money was not an issue i'd stay in the Bellagio or the Wynne. I don't now about LA, internal flights between the two shouldn't be a lot though.

Flying to LA or Vegas I'd prob not expect to pay more than £350 from London, or about £400 from where I fly - Bham, for hotels in Vegas I used hotels.com and lookd at what offers they had, if you want a themed/glam hotel on the strip but don't want to pay too much the MGM Grand, Luxor and Paris Las Vegas are usually quite good, about £100 a night for a double room, there are budget hotels off the strip, if money was not an issue i'd stay in the Bellagio or the Wynne. I don't now about LA, internal flights between the two shouldn't be a lot though.

I really need help honestly.

We want to do LA as we have been told there are loads of cool things to do there. But then drive to Vegas for a few days, say maybe 3 nights as we dont want long there.

But honestly its just becoming a headache. I have tried Virgin, Expedia, other sites. Just cant seem to work out for me or it comes up at a ridiculous price.

When my friend booked a group of us a 3 week trip from B'ham to Denver, Denver to San Fran and then back to Bham including car hire it cost us about £600 each, he went through Trail Finders, he told them where we wanted to go and when and they planned it, not sure if they are always cheap but worth a try. Flights are pretty expensive at the moment though. Sky scanner compares flight prices so worth looking on there too. The cheaper flights are never direct though so don't opt for direct, you usually stop of in Paris or Amsterdam or somewhere state side like Chicago. I flew to Vegas with BMI and they were good, not the cheapest but not bad and they were direct, I'm not sure if they go to LA.

I flew to Vegas with BMI and they were good, not the cheapest but not bad and they were direct, I'm not sure if they go to LA.

My sis did 6 weeks driving round the west coast and they flew with BMI and she said they were brilliant, you could have something like 65kg luggage allowance :eek:

we are bookin with virgin, its 1250 each and that is a week at the sheraton LA and a week stayin at the excalibar las vegas....

we also goin to have a rental car in with the price and do the drive from LA to vegas

Don't be so quick to write off 2008 :!:

I'm lucky enough to still be going to Barcelona this weekend8)
Then off to Hawaii from 8th - 24th November:D
Looking forward to some great Diving out there plus do a bit of surfing, as long as the waves aren't the height of a 2 storey house!

Next year I fancy:

Feb - Skiing in France
June - 2 weeks in France with the wife and 2 dogs
Sep - Ibiza???
Nov - Diving in Egypt

There really are a lot of well traveled people on this forum, maybe there is a connection between the free spirit of adventure and travel with that of clubbing?

Don't be so quick to write off 2008 :!:

I'm lucky enough to still be going to Barcelona this weekend8)
Then off to Hawaii from 8th - 24th November:D
Looking forward to some great Diving out there plus do a bit of surfing, as long as the waves aren't the height of a 2 storey house!

Next year I fancy:

Feb - Skiing in France
June - 2 weeks in France with the wife and 2 dogs
Sep - Ibiza???
Nov - Diving in Egypt

There really are a lot of well traveled people on this forum, maybe there is a connection between the free spirit of adventure and travel with that of clubbing?

Absolutely - without getting too hippy, we're all seeking new experiences. Very cool to read about all your plans.

And without writing off 2008 :p next month there's plans to nab cheap Ryanair flights and pop over to Rome and Paris, and a Sydney Christmas.

brigbeachDM0508_800x526.jpg

I might go here in 2009... looks relaxing!
J

we are bookin with virgin, its 1250 each and that is a week at the sheraton LA and a week stayin at the excalibar las vegas....

we also goin to have a rental car in with the price and do the drive from LA to vegas

Thats the price we are after, maybe I will look at Virgin again, we just didnt want to do a week in Vegas which makes it tricky.

Now thinking of Florida but not sure what time season wise :spank:

Back