Ibiza- When do we call it a day.. if ever?

nish said:
my ghost will probably stalk the island. Be floating round theisladnd chanting 'morillo, and Kristina'/

so nothing much will vhnage in my aferlife :)

and we wont have to fight for dancing space cause we can just float around throwing our moves ;)

I'm an ancient 35, although younger-looking. This summer was really going to be my last ever trip to Ibiza (5th), so me and friends spent two weeks there and had the time of our lives. Not going out every night, but eating out, cooking and drinking at the villa, exploring other beaches apart from Bora Bora... and went out on a few nights of course.

The trouble was that on our arrival back home, I felt more "homesick" than ever for Ibiza and am already thinking of summer 2004 as if I'm definitely going! This was not how I planned it :cry:

I've come to the conclusion that I (and my boyfriend who's 32 and just as mad) will stop going only if all the top DJ's start playing crap records and/or if we find a more better resort somewhere else in the world.

I went to Ibiza last year for the first time in a group of 10. I was the second youngest at 29, and the oldest was 40.

The thing with Ibiza is that although you can enjoy it on a shoestring it does make it easier to have a bit more spare cash available, which I think is why a slightly older crowd go there, because they are at a point where they have a bit more cash available - or at least, as in my case the credit card company have decided to put my limit up to some stupid level which I will never have any chance of paying off!

....I posed in Pacha......i was spaced out in Space......oh and i fell off a table at Bora Bora..........I,m 51 years old by the way....when i,m in work........when i,m in Ibiza i don't have a number......... :D

scousejohn said:
....I posed in Pacha......i was spaced out in Space......oh and i fell off a table at Bora Bora..........I,m 51 years old by the way....when i,m in work........when i,m in Ibiza i don't have a number......... :D

Spotlight member of the month

And so say all of us

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ibiza is about the day/nightlife in those fantastic clubs and bars, so as long as you still want to go to these places you should still book that flight to ibiza.

if your interest in clubs fades then it's time to choose a different holiday destination - let's face it, there are many places that are much more beautiful than ibiza, have better food, more interesting culture and history, better value etc etc etc

ibiza is nice, but there are much nicer places. they just don't have space, pacha, amnesia, dc10, bora bora and privilege!

dan.

sunny_d said:
let's face it, there are many places that are much more beautiful than ibiza, have better food, more interesting culture and history, better value etc etc etc

ibiza is nice, but there are much nicer places.
I would class this as a very controversial post!!

Ibiza is one of the most beatifull places I have ever visited. Do you not like paella? I think a few indigenous decendants may be a little bit miffed that you describe the culture in such a way too!! Value is perhaps an issue, but try buying a pint of beer in Singapore without your credit card!!

IBIZA RULES
:D :D :D :D

Said through my rose tinted glasses :D

Packing in has occured to me a few times, I've said to Mrs Hook more than once that it can't go on for ever and when is it going to end and that sort of thing.
We are both 31 and have been into it since before we met when we were 19 (although we didn't go clubbing for about 5 years after our daughter was born in 94).
The one remaining factor though is that we absolutely love it, it 's my favourate thing to do and going clubbing in Ibiza is just amazing, so the top and bottom of it is, why deprive yourself of something that you enjoy so much? It will only make you miserable.
I agree caning it like I did on my recent visit can't last, but that doesn't mean I'll ever stop going to Ibiza.

personally Im falling more and more in love with the place. I´d like to take my future kids to see where mommy & daddy had the time of their lives and then get someone to babysit so we can go out and have fun again! I don´t think Ill stop going there for a long while!

ibiza is for everyone...why should you stop going there just because you get over a certain age....

Ibiza is one of the most beatifull places I have ever visited. Do you not like paella? I think a few indigenous decendants may be a little bit miffed that you describe the culture in such a way too!! Value is perhaps an issue, but try buying a pint of beer in Singapore without your credit card!!

yeah i like paella ok, i ate one just three days ago at Es Boldado looking out across the bay to Es Vedra.

Regardless, if I were going on holiday for food, I wouldn't go anywhere near Ibiza. The paella, fish and seafood are good, if a little plain, but there is usually something wrong with a meal (i.e. stale bread) and the service is consistently awful. And yes, I have been to the so called 'decent' restaurants (bambuddah grove, es cailu, es boldado, those in d'alt villa). These are not great restaurants, but 'good for ibiza' restaurants. Those who disagree with me maybe haven't eaten in Paris, Rome, Sydney, Barcelona?

As for culture, well, I love Ibiza town - it seems quite unique and has a special atmosphere, but that's the end of it as far as I can tell. The rest of the towns are pretty crappy; St Eularia is OK but a bit of a non-event, San Antonio is a turgid cespit, Playa D'en Bossa is just Space and Bora Bora plus some very average bars, very average hotels and a very average beach. The smaller towns and villages in the hills are not without their charm, but not exactly 'wow'.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ibiza which is why I've been four times and very nearly booked to go again this weekend (fridge freezer broke, £400 to replace, no space closing for me!). I will certainly be there next year and most likely for years afterwards, but the reason for this is Space, Amnesia, Privilege & Pacha.

The good weather, some nice scenery, Ibiza Town & some half decent beaches make it all the more enjoyable but to be completely honest, if the clubs weren't there, neither would I be (e.g. I never went there before clubbing came into my life and never had any desire to!)

For a non-clubbing european holiday I'd be going to Italy, South of France, Corsica, Croatia, Canary Islands, Denmark, Switzerland etc.

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah, Denmark = non clubbing sad but TRUE!!!

tell me about it.

i was on a stag weekend in copenhagen the other week, we had a wicked time but come the early hours we were searching for a party.

all we could find was the 'capitol club', r&b and loads of posers dancing under a wind machine in the main room, some nice house grooves in the other room but no dancefloor?

then we went to 'rust' which sounded more promising when we arrived, but the ten minutes of house quickly changed to 80's music, then more of the dreaded R&B.

we asked a few folks where to find a real party and no-one seemed to know what we meant! :rolleyes:

Rust is one of the few alternatives we have for "different" musicstyle....this country SUCKS when it comes to nitelife and parties! next time you go, tell me so I can look up some of the more "secret" trance parties in Copenhagen for you, otherwise you schoulda checked "Barfly" or "Catwalk" out, they play house!

There are many parts of the world I´d love to see too, but as long as Im all dancing and partying Ill go to Ibiza every year, maybe every other year when Im reach the mid thirtees

Ibiza-girlie said:
Rust is one of the few alternatives we have for "different" musicstyle....this country SUCKS when it comes to nitelife and parties! next time you go, tell me so I can look up some of the more "secret" trance parties in Copenhagen for you, otherwise you schoulda checked "Barfly" or "Catwalk" out, they play house!

thanks for the tips!

not sure when I'll next be in copenhagen, hope it's not too far away though - i love the place!

:)

Back